Figure it's time this got it's own thread:

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
Figure it's time this got it's own thread:

Arabian Nights
I'm A Bright
Are We Friends
To The End

Love the musical arrangements. Love the rewrites even more.

That actually looks better than I thought it would.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I saw the Broadway version and it was actually pretty good.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
No proper Iago? Fuck them in their turkey necks.

Queen_Bona

I'll most likely take my kids to see it. They saw the animated one and they like it very much. They make me read the story to them quite often. Like once a week at least.

I'll most likely take my kids to see it. They saw the animated one and they like it very much. They make me read the story to them quite often. Like once a week at least.
That's awesome. In America, kids tend to drift away from their parents by the time they're 17.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Alright, let’s do this!!!!!

Pigdango

Donator
This is the first time we’ve had an entireovie theater to ourselves since Book of Henry...

Pigdango

Donator
Yeah, I don’t know how to feel about this either...
Don’t mistake my surprise for confusion. It was great. A tremendous improvement over the original, which as I mentioned does not age well and makes no sense whatsoever. And I’m not talking “magic lamps make no sense” - the movie’s internal logic is...well there is none. They somehow managed to fix almost all of that in this movie. My one minor criticism that’s so minor it’s barely worth mentioning is I think they could have done a little bit better job casting Jafar. But aside from some awkward singing moments, the rest of the cast was amazing.

This is absolutely absurd to say, and if you told me I would have ever thought such a thing or said it even as a joke I would have punched you in the face, but...best movie I’ve seen so far this year.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Don’t mistake my surprise for confusion. It was great. A tremendous improvement over the original, which as I mentioned does not age well and makes no sense whatsoever. And I’m not talking “magic lamps make no sense” - the movie’s internal logic is...well there is none. They somehow managed to fix almost all of that in this movie. My one minor criticism that’s so minor it’s barely worth mentioning is I think they could have done a little bit better job casting Jafar. But aside from some awkward singing moments, the rest of the cast was amazing.

This is absolutely absurd to say, and if you told me I would have ever thought such a thing or said it even as a joke I would have punched you in the face, but...best movie I’ve seen so far this year.
How did you feel about the new song? Both the Teacher and I were like “It’s OK, but it doesn’t sound like Menken at all, even though he did actually write it. It doesn’t really fit.”

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
The wife and I saw it and I actually enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting much but Mrs BB wanted to see it. Turned out to be a decent movie.

Pigdango

Donator
How did you feel about the new song? Both the Teacher and I were like “It’s OK, but it doesn’t sound like Menken at all, even though he did actually write it. It doesn’t really fit.”
Naomi Scott is pretty.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
I think all these movies add an extra song with the hopes it might get them an Oscar nomination for Best Original Song, but Speechless did not fit.

If you notice, all the other songs are in B Major thus preserving a consistency among the soundtrack while that is in A Major. Completely different motif.

Actually, I don't know that but I wanted to sound like a music fuckwit. Regardless, it felt out of place. I don't know if it's because we're familiar with all the other songs, or it's because all the other songs are so jaunty, or it's because the song and arrangement seemed lazy, but Naomi Scott is pretty.

I don't know why it was so reviled by critics though. It's fun. That's why I half want to give Lion King a chance but don't want to since I said awhile back the human factor will be this movie's saving grace.

Pigdango

Donator
I think all these movies add an extra song with the hopes it might get them an Oscar nomination for Best Original Song, but Speechless did not fit.

If you notice, all the other songs are in B Major thus preserving a consistency among the soundtrack while that is in A Major. Completely different motif.

Actually, I don't know that but I wanted to sound like a music fuckwit.
You had me convinced, but I'm guessing Bill was going to have the Teacher check your work, so it's good that you owned up to it.

I thought a lot of the songs started off a little janky, but then when they kicked in they got better. I think that was a major problem with the marketing for this film. They released only the first 30 seconds of some of the iconic songs, when they were sort of transitioning from talking to singing.

I was also reconsidering Lion King, but I just watched a video review of it and...no. There's still too many other movies on my list, although it looks like Stuber and Midsommar are going to sneak out of theaters before I see them.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
You had me convinced, but I'm guessing Bill was going to have the Teacher check your work, so it's good that you owned up to it.

I thought a lot of the songs started off a little janky, but then when they kicked in they got better. I think that was a major problem with the marketing for this film. They released only the first 30 seconds of some of the iconic songs, when they were sort of transitioning from talking to singing.

I was also reconsidering Lion King, but I just watched a video review of it and...no. There's still too many other movies on my list, although it looks like Stuber and Midsommar are going to sneak out of theaters before I see them.
From the Teacher:

Friend Like Me (1992): E minor
A Whole New World (1992): F Major
One Jump Ahead (1992): D minor
Arabian Nights (1992): A minor
Prince Ali (1992): F Major

Friend Like Me (2019): D minor
A Whole New World (2019): D Major
One Jump Ahead (2019): E minor
Arabian Nights (2019): G minor
Prince Ali (2019): Bb minor
Speechless (2019): F# minor

So honestly? The fact that it’s in a sharp key means yeah, it really didn’t fit.

Whoever noticed that and told you that fact deserves a punch in the nose.

Pigdango

Donator
From the Teacher:

Friend Like Me (1992): E minor
A Whole New World (1992): F Major
One Jump Ahead (1992): D minor
Arabian Nights (1992): A minor
Prince Ali (1992): F Major

Friend Like Me (2019): D minor
A Whole New World (2019): D Major
One Jump Ahead (2019): E minor
Arabian Nights (2019): G minor
Prince Ali (2019): Bb minor
Speechless (2019): F# minor

So honestly? The fact that it’s in a sharp key means yeah, it really didn’t fit.
Naomi Scott is pretty.