Alf is on the HUB

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
theres a few more episodes of it on till 10pm.

anyone else love Alf growing up?

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
About 8 years ago, as an impulse/peer pressure buy, I bought Season 1 of Alf DVD.
This was in college, we watched 2 episodes and I haven't seen the DVDs since; it wasn't as good as I remembered it or hoped it'd be.

Though I was 6 when it went off air

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
i felt the same way....Alf had his funny lines in the show but it didnt really hit me like it use to as a kid, understandingly. My kid however loved it.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
About 8 years ago, as an impulse/peer pressure buy, I bought Season 1 of Alf DVD.
This was in college, we watched 2 episodes and I haven't seen the DVDs since; it wasn't as good as I remembered it or hoped it'd be.

Though I was 6 when it went off air
That's pretty much exactly what happened to a friend of mine. We were in a Wal-Mart and he sees the DVDs and goes "Holy shit, Alf. That used to be my favorite show." We watched the first episode and he says "Well that was just the pilot, it gets better later on." Then I think we watched about half of the second episode before he gave up.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I have very fond feelings (can't really call them memories, since I don't remember specifics) of Alf, and I'm worried I will ruin them by watching the show again. Same with Boy Meets World and a few other shows. I'd almost rather (perhaps falsely) believe they were great shows while I was growing up, than destroy the illusion by watching them again.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
I watched a few episodes on Amazon Prime recently and I actually found that for the most part, a lot of the humor held up pretty well (not all, but a good amount). And I while I was too young when the show was on the air to really appreciate it, I was impressed by how good a comic duo Alf and the guy who played Willie were. They played pretty well off each other and often had pretty funny exchanges. I also forgot that Seinfeld's Mom was the obnoxious neighbor.

Unfortunately, all the episodes on streaming and DVD are the syndicated versions which are hacked to shit. I think some of the episodes have as much as 3-4 minutes missing.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I have all of the seasons on DVD.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I've been DVRing it for the past couple months. I like that they have all new spots between commercials

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2