Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
How do they still call themselves Alice in Chains....it just ain't right

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Who sings for AIC now?

No way I'd pay to see Jerry Cantrell and an AIC tribute band.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
William Duvall sings for AIC now. I saw them in NYC last year, they were amazing. If you liked the old AIC go see this show. Duvall does a great job

Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, NY
Who sings for AIC now?

No way I'd pay to see Jerry Cantrell and an AIC tribute band.

William DuVall is unbelieveable. I drove all the way up to Albany last year to see the new Alice In Chains. He and the band won over every single person in that venue. I cannot emphazise enough how good they sounded. You got to give it a chance, it'll win you over too.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I understand AIC fans not wanting to see it without layne, but you really have to realize jerry cantrell was the leader of the band, wrote most of the songs. and while it cant even be close to the same band without layne, Im still interested in hearing cantrell live doing aic songs

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
Alice in Chains isn't Alice in Chains WITHOUT LAYNE....when will people figure this out?!!?!?!?! yes, Jerry Cantrell wrote a lot of the songs...but NO LAYNE..hence NO ALICE IN CHAINS...this band died with layne so having a tour is so fucking dumb...i love AiC to death, but this is lame without layne...anyone see james hetfield singing alice in chains songs or hear it? IT WAS HORRID

god damn opiates

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
really? any1 hear Phil Enselmo singing AIC songs? Awsome. Cantrell is an unbelievable artist and to say you wouldnt want to see him do AIC songs, sounds liek you didnt really enjoy AIC in the first place seeing as though not only did he write the majority he also sang in/ or lead in 70%-80% of the songs. Dont get me wrong, Layne will always have a place in my heart. The words and his voice lead me though some dark times in my life.

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
ah man, the reason why the music was so depressing is because layne was going through all that heroin crap and basically singing it out, and you could feel what he was feeling.....AiC is dead in my boook, unfortunately...i still listen to all there old stuff and LOVE it, but with a new singer....it's just not the same for me

circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Give it a chance.. Listening to the October 2006 show from VA and it doesn't sound too bad.

Great to see they aren't coming anywhere near Atlanta...yet..... :icon_roll

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
half the people in this thread that said AIC is dead, did u see them on tour last year? if not then u can't say shit yet, give it a chance. Yes Hetfield sucked and so did anselmo, duvall is pretty good though. He has been singing layne stuff for years when jerry was solo.

Yes they are working on a new album. I'm looking foward to it, Degradation Trip ruled, so Cantrell still has it.

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
Give it a chance.. Listening to the October 2006 show from VA and it doesn't sound too bad.

Great to see they aren't coming anywhere near Atlanta...yet..... :icon_roll
its supposed to be a long tour well into the fall and winter so im sure they'll hit atlanta

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Cantrell is an unbelievable artist and to say you wouldnt want to see him do AIC songs, sounds liek you didnt really enjoy AIC in the first place seeing as though not only did he write the majority he also sang in/ or lead in 70%-80% of the songs. Dont get me wrong, Layne will always have a place in my heart.
couldnt agree more

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
Feb 15, 2006
Seattle, WA
Alice in Chains without Layne is a good band. With Layne, they were the best band.

Maybe that makes me more of a Layne Staley fan than an AIC fan, but oh well. That is my cross to bear.

Ack's Grl

New Wackbag
Sep 21, 2005
I'm so fucking there. I cried when we lost Layne, but I was too young to go to most of their concerts anyway. Besides, Velvet Revolver puts on a great show- fucking Weiland is the tiniest man I've ever seen. Inspires me to stick to my diet :D

circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I'm so fucking there. I cried when we lost Layne, but I was too young to go to most of their concerts anyway. Besides, Velvet Revolver puts on a great show- fucking Weiland is the tiniest man I've ever seen. Inspires me to stick to my diet :D
Crack Dieting?

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
AIC without Layne? Eh.
Scott Weiland fronting any band is worth seeing though. He really is an amazing front man.