Alice Theme, The Ropers Theme, 1983 Wisk Commercial

Neon

ネオン
Donator
I'm obsessed with these things now. Obsessed. Help me.

[video=youtube;JoDlkYPVNic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoDlkYPVNic[/video]

[video=youtube;tMtXfaFDlpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMtXfaFDlpg[/video]

[video=youtube;uZWWABXSKMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZWWABXSKMs[/video]

And, of course:

[video=youtube;9euCGpQDZEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9euCGpQDZEw[/video]

[video=youtube;FO4XW0JbGdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4XW0JbGdI[/video]

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
The Alice theme song is probably the worst thing I've ever heard. The singing makes me cringe so hard.

I hear "So, isn't this great?" in my head roughly 700 times a day.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
The Alice theme song is probably the worst thing I've ever heard. The singing makes me cringe so hard.

I hear "So, isn't this great?" in my head roughly 700 times a day.
I love the 2 O&A clips because nothing is funnier to me than the boys laughing their balls off, especially at something silly like this. It's just infectious.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Jeeze, I can't believe I actually found myself fondly enjoying that stupid shit! :)

And now I'm listening to the accompanying O&A bits associated with the commercials & theme songs, and I forgot how fuckin funny those bits were. I'm over here howling at how bad those cliips were, and loving Ants rendition of Linda Lavins horrid voice...

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
"Buh Buh Buh bum bum foam......."

Gilbert27

The stupid ropers' theme is going through my head as I'm sitting on the bus, and I'm just cracking up out of nowhere looking like a lunatic.

Jim has a knack for making my life more difficult

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Yeah, I can't get the Ropers theme out of my head. What a hideous idea for a show. And Stanley/Jack's relationship was better than Furley/Jack's relationship.

Still maintain that Terri was the hottest of the three.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
I love both of them. They are so fucking awful.

Bobobie

Alice was geriatric for a mother back then. Was there anyone on that show under 40 years old? Even the all the patrons looked like they were closer to retirement age.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
I always assumed Tommy was the fresh freckled face in the neighborhood.

Badfinger

I shot the sheriff
I'm suprised television survived the 70s with stupid shows like these. We must have been morons to watch this crap.
Luckily today's TV is much better.

Gotta run. Hillbilly Handfishing is coming on.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
To be fair, The Ropers didn't last an entire season. Neither did the other Three's Company spin-off Three's a Crowd starring Jack Tripper.

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Yeah, I can't get the Ropers theme out of my head. What a hideous idea for a show.
The original, the British version, was pretty good, though.

Bobobie

I never watched Alice because there wasn't single hot piece of ass on it. I would watch shows that were horrible if it made my 12 year peener hard. I watched the Good Times because Thelma was hot, Maude for Adrieanne Barbeaue's huge rack, Partridge Family had Susanne Dey, Bob Newhart had Suzanne Pleshette, Mash Loretta Swit, the Nanny in the Nanny and the Professor, and so and it's off to the washroom ...

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I actually always thought Vera was kinda cute in a totally ditzy sort of way. She did enough for my peen to work with it.

DonkeySausage

(not to be confused w/the "Donkey Sausage Chick")
Hahahahahaha I'm barely old enough to remember that commercial and I've never seen it. I do remember the "ring around the collar" campaign, tho.

Whyyyyy does his voice change like that??? It's normal through the rest of the ad!

Thanks for posting it... Now the image is just as wedged into my mind as that horrific voice.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Alice was one of the many shows I grew up with as a kid, that I would never watch now, but I personally like the theme song. I love "retro" crap like that though. I'm one of those people who have bought CD sets of TV theme songs. And The Ropers, being a diehard Three's Company fan my whole life, I am thrilled O&A mention them all the time, and Jimmy has a weird obsession with them lol Anytime he mentions Jeffrey Tambor on there or makes a Mr or Mrs Roper reference cracks me up :)

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I never watched Alice because there wasn't single hot piece of ass on it. I would watch shows that were horrible if it made my 12 year peener hard. I watched the Good Times because Thelma was hot, Maude for Adrieanne Barbeaue's huge rack, Partridge Family had Susanne Dey, Bob Newhart had Suzanne Pleshette, Mash Loretta Swit, the Nanny in the Nanny and the Professor, and so and it's off to the washroom ...
My adolescent peen peen used to get turgid when I watched Dana Plato on Different Strokes(ironical... 'cuz I did stroke it). Little did I know that a decade later I could've banged Dana Plato for a handful of oxys and a jug of plastic bottle vodka.

Badfinger

I shot the sheriff
I always wanted a threesome with Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda.