Movie Alien, Blade Runner...Ridley, where's the LEGEND sequel?

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Seriously, this is surprising considering this one helped cement his reputation at the time. LEGEND was the last of the major non-CGI fantasy films. I think it had the most expensive sets and production up to that time. It shows in the film. The cinematography really captured the other-wordly immersive universe, not to mention Tim Curry's prosthetic headgear. Damn, I think he had lifelong problems resulting from that; probably helped lead to his eventual stroke. The casting was amazing too...short of Tom Cruise - anyone could have played that role.

Anyhow, I'm surprised I haven't heard rumblings about a sequel or reboot considering Ridley scraping the bottom of t...I mean revisiting his past glories. This one is deserving if they don't do it on the cheap. Tim Curry could be recast thanks to that makeup...then again, he was great behind it.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Legend was a flop. Until Lions for Lambs came along it had the distinction of being the lowest grossing film in Tom Cruise's career. Nobody is asking for this.

Well, I guess you are. But nobody else is.

Christ, why not ask for a White Squall sequel while you're at it.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
It is the future, devils are in murky shadows.

Radioguy

Legend was a flop. Until Lions for Lambs came along it had the distinction of being the lowest grossing film in Tom Cruise's career. Nobody is asking for this.

Well, I guess you are. But nobody else is.

Christ, why not ask for a White Squall sequel while you're at it.
Can't argue with the box office. Still, I think Cruise was the problem. He was rammed down Scott's throat by the studio, and seemed so miscast that it hurt the film's take. Actually watch it, and you'll see what I mean.

Still, like Dune (but better), this film excels so amazingly in production and scenic design that virtually no film has met the bar since. I think after watching it you'd understand better exactly what I mean.

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
Mia Sara looked aces in it. That being said, no one wants this.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Exactly where it deserves to be.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Mia Sara looked aces in it. That being said, no one wants this.
Mia Sara circa Legend and Ferris has to be one of the best looking women of all time.

If anyone posts a recent pic of her I will fight them.

Radioguy

Just looked in the mirror to make sure I'm still here, but yes, I remain someone.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Just looked in the mirror to make sure I'm still here, but yes, I remain someone.
Yeah, but just barely.

Loved Legend, BTW.

It's a terrible movie.

I'm also shocked they haven't remade it.