All The Star Warses at Once

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

KaraBoo

Small but very deadly south american tree frog.
Mar 6, 2013
Yes me as well.

Steve McQueen

heartless fuck
May 23, 2006
New York
A New Hope was the shortest, Attack of the Clones was the longest.

The prequels echoed scenes from the original trilogy so many times it was painful to watch. I knew they were guilty of doing that, but to see it all side by side...oof.

Graveyard

Jul 28, 2012
I lost all hope when The Phantom Menace's ending was a direct lift from A New Hope. I knew it was a bad movie long before that point, but that was the moment that sealed the deal for me. Fucker was paying homage to his own damn movies.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Never saw the first three episodes, and don't really have a desire to.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Considering the first movie was ripped off from Hidden Fortress and Dam Busters, it's not surprising.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
To be entirely fair, when a director is making an homage to older movies, you really shouldn't expect them to be inspired by older movies.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
HitWB? I'll be willing to watch them then. All three in one day?
You've seriously never seen the prequels? I thought that the HitW prequels was a tentative thing, but fuck, now we gots to do them.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
HitWB? I'll be willing to watch them then. All three in one day?
You've seriously never seen the prequels? I thought that the HitW prequels was a tentative thing, but fuck, now we gots to do them.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Nope. Everyone I talked to told me it ruins the franchise more than it helps it, and before something like HitWB there was never any motivation to watch bad movies.

I do like the idea of HitWB making it worthwhile to finally watch some of these movies I've been putting off for years.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I like how you answered twice for whiskeyguy and drunk whiskeyguy.

And it can't be tentative, NeonTaster made a nice picture and everything.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
We'll just be throwing out Plinkett lines the whole time haha.

Graveyard

Jul 28, 2012
Nope. Everyone I talked to told me it ruins the franchise more than it helps it, and before something like HitWB there was never any motivation to watch bad movies.

I do like the idea of HitWB making it worthwhile to finally watch some of these movies I've been putting off for years.
That's fanboy hyperbole, and I think that was huge factor in his decision to just wash his hands of the franchise. I can still watch the OT just fine, and blissfully ignore the prequels. Phantom Menace's only real crime is being boring, lots of space politics and no real central villain. Attack is utter dogshit, and somewhere around the third act Revenge turns into a decent Star Wars movie. They suffer from the same problem every other Prequel does, you already know how the story ends, so the journey becomes meaningless. I've read countless Star Wars books, played lots of the games etc, and I've come to the conclusion that the only interesting thing about Star Wars was Luke's story. If I want space politics I'll watch Star Trek, which actually has an intelligent discussion about it.