Allan Sniffen (Radio Dentist) thinks O&A are safe on XM post-merger, less safe on CBS

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I'm not a member and I get in fine. But this is one of his Board Reflections podcasts with the catchy "It's Allan Sni-i-i-fen" jingle, so there's nothing to actually read.

I cut out the audio of just the O&A part and put it in the second link.

He's looking at it from a purely business standpoint: the boys are bringing in plently of subs and they will be fine on a merged XM/Sirius regardless of Mel & Howie. But since CBS is dumping the talk format except for them, they might prefer to go with cheaper, albeit less talented, jocks for morning drive that would play music along with the yuks. I guess he means something like what Kidd Chris is doing now. I thought he might get into Mel's comments about not wanting to share talent with terrestrial, but he never did.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
But since CBS is dumping the talk format except for them, they might prefer to go with cheaper, albeit less talented, jocks for morning drive that would play music along with the yuks.
havent the boys said CBS got them very cheap? I remember anthony saying that

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I'm sure they're getting more than Slappy & Wappy at K-LOL.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Im sure their salary is very respectable. but I dont think CBS is paying them near what their afternoon contract was. But its all a guess, who knows how much xm pays and how much cbs pays

circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I'm not a member and I get in fine. But this is one of his Board Reflections podcasts with the catchy "It's Allan Sni-i-i-fen" jingle, so there's nothing to actually read.

I cut out the audio of just the O&A part and put it in the second link.

He's looking at it from a purely business standpoint: the boys are bringing in plently of subs and they will be fine on a merged XM/Sirius regardless of Mel & Howie. But since CBS is dumping the talk format except for them, they might prefer to go with cheaper, albeit less talented, jocks for morning drive that would play music along with the yuks. I guess he means something like what Kidd Chris is doing now. I thought he might get into Mel's comments about not wanting to share talent with terrestrial, but he never did.
That could be the only reason they are less safe on FM (or at least KROCK) post merger....

UnOriginal

Companion Cube Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Guess how little I care about that dentist nerd.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Nice link, thanks. I think he makes a good point. The FM show would pull alot
better ratings if it went longer since they are competing against shows that
run longer and later. Here in Philly, Preston & Steve are constantly going past
their 10 am deadline. They are on the air way longer past the end of the O&A
show and that allows them to pull in listeners from WYSP that tune out at 9am
when the show ends.