Alltel and my Razr.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
I've searched through all the threads I could find and checked alot of places but I can't find any place that allows me to download my own ringtones to this goddamn phone. It's a Razr. Model v3a. Everything I've found for hacking this bastard is for the v3c and those programs I've tried aren't syncing up with my phone. Is there anyone here that uses alltel and has this phone that could help me set it up so I could download show ringtones? I've found programs to make my own ringtones but I can't get into my phone to set them. I have the usb cable and the goddamn software that the guys I bought it from sent me doesn't fucking load onto my computer.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
You probably need to use one of the uploader sites and send the ringtones to the phone as a text message or email. I have Sprint phones and that's the easiest way to do it for them. Check out Howardforums.com for help, they usually have lots of info.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Does it have Bluetooth?

Get a cheapo $5 Bluetooth dongle off newegg or ebay. That's what I use to put ringtones on my RAZR and SLVR.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
Jan 26, 2005
Kentucky
If the phone has a memory card (microSD) you should be able to hook it up via the usb cable and it'll work like any other flash memory device then you put the tones in that way.
If not, having them sent to the phone via a message like DT said, or using bluetooth as dougal said are the best ways.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
Where are these uploader sites that allow me to send them to my phone as texts?

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
You got motorola phone tools with the phone? You can do the ringtones plus pic's and videos.
I like torrents. Apropos of nothing what so ever.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
You got motorola phone tools with the phone? You can do the ringtones plus pic's and videos.
I like torrents. Apropos of nothing what so ever.
Don't have phone tools. I bought the cord online and the fucking disc won't load.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Motorola Phone Tools.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
There are ways to get Phone Tools with out buying it. Not that I would condone piracy or anything. As for the cable it's just a USB cable, nothing special. I have hundreds of sounds on my phone, and I have a V3a too.

Feb 20, 2007
Atleast its better then the nextels, man they were a bitch to get anything on back in the day. Now phone tools does everything for you, including making the ring tones alsol