Alone for the Holidays

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
Yep, it sucks.
Anyone else as much of a loser as I?
Originally had some plans to hang out with a close friend, get drunk, trade gifts, all that crap. She pretty much just blew me off a minute ago and is hanging out with her girlfriends tonight, then family tomorrow.
Fuck the holidays, they aren't worth shit to me anymore.

bah humbug!

MAV

been there done that many times fella.

it sucks but its nice at the same time cause you dont have to fuckin impress anyone with a stupid gift

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
welcome to the club!

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
yep I'll be alone. Moved here in Aug, most of my family is in Mass. Went home for thanksgiving cause it's the only holiday I really like anyway, and it was obscene trying to find a reasonable flight home for this week. Meh, no big deal. Good day to get hammered and watch some dvd's.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Just a suggestion, but rather than spend the day alone, go find a homeless shelter and serve Christmas dinner to the really down and out. Did that one year for Thanksgiving & it gives a whole new perspective to your own situation.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Just a suggestion, but rather than spend the day alone, go find a homeless shelter and serve Christmas dinner to the really down and out. Did that one year for Thanksgiving & it gives a whole new perspective to your own situation.
HA HA HA HA..that's a good one.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Why not throw on some dirty ragged clothes and join the homeless in their Christmas celebrations? You'll be around mostly good people, and you'll get a free meal out of it. Maybe you'll find a wayward girl to bang. And afterwards, since she's homeless, you can just drop her off anywhere.

At least you do not have the mother-in-law staying with you for 4 days...

My Dad is going to be alone on Xmas day. If you want to come up to Central Massachusetts, now is your chance!

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Goin to be alone but I like it that way

And Kris...alot of places hate people who just come in for the holidays...I did that one year and got told that while they appreciate my help..it is false, if really I cared about the homeless,where am I the rest of the year?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
your not alone, you have us, and pal talk if you want

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head

And Kris...alot of places hate people who just come in for the holidays...I did that one year and got told that while they appreciate my help..it is false, if really I cared about the homeless,where am I the rest of the year?
Wow. They're exactly right. You'd think they would appreciate the extra help around the holidays, but they're exactly right. I guess you can't be taken seriously in the battle if you haven't spent time in the trenches.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Friggin moochers. I ain't celebrating my holiday with a bunch of smelly free riding mopers.

I'm celebrating Christmas and Christmas Eve alone and I like it that way. Also, I was raised Jewish so those days mean nothing to me. I might see a movie but dont' know what since I already saw Walk Hard today (which I thought was good, not great, but good and a really funny satire of the entier genre of biopics and There Will Be Blood is not playing yet).

New Years Eve I will probably have my chick with me meaning a slightly better chance of sex but for X-Mas, I just spend it relaxing. I hope there's some neat marathon or something on.

In conclusion, don't help the homeless.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma

Yeah, my friend heard that this year, too. Her son needed to do a community service project for school & she thought it would be a good thing for him to do. They wound up serving at my parish, which is where I told her to go in the first place. The year I did it we had 500 people in our school's gym & did all the cooking in the kitchen. A lot of them weren't homeless but were alone for Thanksgiving and wanted to be with others instead.

So I guess volunteering is out. Sucks trying to spread some holiday cheer during the holidays. Forget I suggested it... :action-sm

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I'm alone this year.

My marriage just ended, and it was Christmas that I proposed to her way back in the day, so now that she's moved off to another country, I'll be here, alone, with the cat.

And because I love the smell of a roasting turkey, I bought myself a turkey.

It looked for a moment like I was going to make a to-go delivery to someone else who was going to be alone on Christmas, someone who could use a li'l Christmas cheer and a Turkey breast, but that fell through, so now I'll be trying to coax tryptophane-laced poultry to my cat and... uh... doing the same thing as Liddyrules, without the jewish marathon part.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
alone turkey....i'm sad.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Oooo, good idea. I should buy a turkey, the prize turkey, not the little prize one, the big one hanging up in the Poulterer at the corner.

I like making turkey and then not carving it well and pathetically eating it with a fork from the roasting pan for the rest of the week.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I'm tellin' you... I did a turkey and all the fixins just for myself on Thanksgiving, and ate it off it all week.
Fuckin' A.

Granted, I know that there's little in the world more pathetic than my lonely ass eating a fucking turkey dinner alone, but y'know what? It wasn't all that bad.

So I did it.
And I'm gonna do it again.
Mashed pototaes, stuffing, even some fucking greenbeans.

And fuck all those happy families out there who have other humans to help them eat their poultry!
Yeah.
And stuff.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I'm on-call 24/7 for work Christmas eve and day. My wife is working Christmas eve. We're really not doing much of anything this year. Today's party at Rivoli's was basically my Christmas dinner.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
There was a party at Rivolis? No one tells me shit...not that anyone knows me, or that I would have gone....but still.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
There was a party at Rivolis? No one tells me shit...not that anyone knows me, or that I would have gone....but still.
Should have checked the events forum. Everyone is welcome and nobody
stays a stranger for long. We always have a great time.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
I'm spending time this holiday with my family. I Christmas spent married, and one spent pretending my marriage wasn't falling apart. Much easier now that everythings in the open. While I don't have a "special someone" right now, it's only 24 hours, and I'd rather be alone than in a relationship that isn't working or shouldn't be.

Top Bottom