Am I dead inside?

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
What's the difference between dead inside and good in an emergency?

My parents were in an auto accident today. They got t-boned at an intersection by some woman driving a rented Prius. I find out, I finish my lunch, pick up their stuff from the wrecked car, go to the hospital, have everything taken care of in short order, but at no point was I actually worried.

I'm not worried now.

My folks are fine, but the car fucking got knock on its side for Pete's sake, and I'm totally blase about it.

I think I'm dead inside. Oh, well. Anybody got cookie?

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Not dead. Actually you did great. Very few can handle crisis like this the way you are.

Sorry about the accident.

Call them crash for a while. Makes light of it a little bit.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
no, thats having a cool head, the day my dad died (i knew he was not long for the world) i went to work, when i got the call, i just went home, made sure he was really dead then called the funeral home, then just got drunk. people think im an ass but oh well. being able to handle any situation that is thrown your way is a good thing too many people panic for no reason, im the walk out of the burning building guy, not the run out screaming ass hat

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Well if they weren't killed or seriously injured then what is there to be worried about? I wouldn't be broken up about it either. Shit happens.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
My girlfriend thinks I'm a wack job whenever something bad happens. She's the type of person who won't look for any details, she'll just assume the worse, then freak out about the assumed disaster she just created.

The two things she hates to hear me say to her the most are "Relax", and "We don't even know what to worry about yet, stop freaking out".

I say I'm cool headed, she says I'm dead inside.

Maybe it's a bit of both?

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
What's the difference between dead inside and good in an emergency?

My parents were in an auto accident today. They got t-boned at an intersection by some woman driving a rented Prius. I find out, I finish my lunch, pick up their stuff from the wrecked car, go to the hospital, have everything taken care of in short order, but at no point was I actually worried.

I'm not worried now.

My folks are fine, but the car fucking got knock on its side for Pete's sake, and I'm totally blase about it.

I think I'm dead inside. Oh, well. Anybody got cookie?
is your mom ok? any upskirt shots of her in the car?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Whenever I think about my parents dying, my biggest fear is how to handle funeral arrangements. I really don't know how to do that. Nor do I really want to. I'd rather my mother die than my father.

And good that your parents are ok. I don't think you're dead inside.

DoucheMeister

I'm a douche!
Jun 2, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
Glad your folks are fine.

I'm the same way, just stay in control and rationaly take care of the situation.

Mu wife is a fucking basket case in any emergency, perceived or otherwise. I prefer to be in control.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
All it means is that you have a level head and don't crack under pressure.

Glad your parents are okay. The car can be replaced, but they can't.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
If they had died, i would say your dead inside. But no, you did what a calm rational thinking individual would do. Congrats on being well mannored.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
I believe its called desensitized
I have that, I have had it as long as I can remember.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
so its been a couple of days...still no upskirt shots of your almost dead mom?

Dec 12, 2007
I would say your dead on the inside if you picked up one of the skulls and started doing hamlet. If you did sexual things with the lower half of one of there bodies you would also be awarded the label of worlds silliest goose. The cops won't be able to help but laugh and watch good naturedly.