Am I wrong ??

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
....am I acting compulsively?

I told my g/f that I had to get up really early for work....
I woke up early to work out before work, that's the real reason I had to get up early....
I generally work out two hours a day everyday, and if I don't work out I feel guilty
I eat a ton of food at night because I know that I will work it off the next day

I know that's compulsive behavoir, and since im in the "program" I know that im eating that much as a substitue for alcohol/drugs= simply put it makes me feel good.

She got pissed at me for lying to her, and is also really concerned that im acting compulsively....

Just wanted to see if anybody had any simuliar expierences or thoughts on this

thanx

CallmeQtie

“How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'.”
Oct 12, 2004
Seaford Harbor Long Island
Why do you have to lie to her? You were going to work out, not fuck some skank....She shouldnt be the boss of you:)

Sutsu

O&A Po'ty ROCK!
Dec 7, 2004
Staten Cancer
What Qtie said. Tell her the truth, and if she can't deal with it, to hell with her.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
shouldnt have lied to her in the first place...why did you just not tell her you were getting up extra early to work out???

isnt part of the "program" to be truthful with the ones you love???

CaraC

A real giirrrrllllllllllllllllll
Jun 1, 2005
MA
Maybe you should have told her up front that you were going to work out, but either way, its not like the truth is something she has any reason to be pissed about... from now on tell her you like to get up early to work out and if she still gets mad about it, thats completely irrational on her part

CallmeQtie

“How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'.”
Oct 12, 2004
Seaford Harbor Long Island
I would be pissed about being lied to, not the working out part. If you lie about the little things, she's gonna start to wonder what else aren't you telling her. Lies are ALWAYS a bad idea

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
lying to her about it kinda reinforces the fact that your workout regiment might be compulsive behavior, you'd probably feel guiltier if you didnt work out than you did about lying to her. You shouldnt feel guilty about not working out everyday, running everyday is good but working out 2 hrs every other day is more than enough to stay in shape

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
just fall off the wagon and teach her a lesson, then she will quit bitching about you going to the gym, the binge eating has to stop though

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
are you working out so you can eat (not healthy), or eating so you can work out?

MetalSign

O&A Curmudgeon
Dec 22, 2002
Orlando, FL
I don't know about your metabolism, but eating a ton before you go to bed because you're going to work it off in the AM isn't an excuse to eat a ton of shit before bed. You' may be surprised to know that if you pound 1000-2000 calories right before bed, you'd have to run on a treadmill for about 8 hours or more. It doesn't even out and if you're metabolism is ridiculously good, you may be skinny, but cholesterol and sugar will fuck you up big time regardless.

Not trying to be a preachy ass, but it's the truth. Good luck!

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Compulsive behavior is only a problem when it affects your life or others negatively. Feeling a need to lie to cover up your compulsive behavior just put it into that category.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I learned a long time ago to just tell the truth. If the truth doesnt work,,, then fuckit.

you made your mistake by lieing... its not what you lied about... its the fact you lied.

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
Sounds like you lied when the truth would have served you better. When you're in recovery and you lie, people overreact and assume you're doing something wrong.

SonnyForelli

The New Owner of the Original Wifflebat
Feb 4, 2005
Peabody Ma.
Just stop working out and become a fat fuck like the rest of us real O&A Fans :haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7:

Now dont fucking drink, go to a fucking meeting like a good boy, there's your dose of spirtual help for the day

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
lying to her about it kinda reinforces the fact that your workout regiment might be compulsive behavior, you'd probably feel guiltier if you didnt work out than you did about lying to her. You shouldnt feel guilty about not working out everyday, running everyday is good but working out 2 hrs every other day is more than enough to stay in shape
Thanks to all, everybody made valid points, :clap::clap:

,,you mr angelfuck hit the nail on the head= I would feel a bit more guilty about not working out than to lying to her and that's wrong on my part.

CallmeQtie= she was pissed about the lying but also my compulsive behaviour with the obsessive working out however--CaraC it was the obsessive behaviour, she loves that I take great care of my body,,,she REALLY loves it:icon_wink bethm1b you are correct, the people in recovery do overreact to situations because we tend to automatically see the bad side of things and assume the worst,,,

metalsighn= That's what is starting to piss me off= Im eating too much and working out HARD but not seeing enough results, the reason for that is the late night eating.

mommydez4u= I work out because i'm really into training,,,I however eat a lot because im not used to setting limits with everything,,before I could work out and drink and drug a lot,,,,now im using working out and food

Glen sir you are always correct,,,lying seems to always be much more gooder at first but never works out

And no im not going off the wagon or punching her in the face,,although,,,,,,,NAH not doing it:action-sm