Amazing Civil War photos in color

metallikat87

Dec 14, 2006
the guy who was supposed to kill william seward while booth did lincoln looks like he should be in a boy band

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
I must agree...that is pretty cool.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Mar 10, 2006
It's cool, but it's basically just conjecture... it's the "colorist's" best guess as to what color things would've been. It's art... not science.

Although... it's a shitload better than the "colorized" black and white movies they do... where everything looks like weird pastel colors...

That shit it just awful... and if they ever pull that crap on old Twilight Zone episodes, I'll jam my thumb in their eyes for the blasphemy.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
They all look like raging lunatics....

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
It's cool, but it's basically just conjecture... it's the "colorist's" best guess as to what color things would've been. It's art... not science.

Although... it's a shitload better than the "colorized" black and white movies they do... where everything looks like weird pastel colors...

That shit it just awful... and if they ever pull that crap on old Twilight Zone episodes, I'll jam my thumb in their eyes for the blasphemy.
I think with the newer technology that comes out that they will be able to tell what color something is just by reading the shadow and light in the photo.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Mar 10, 2006
I think with the newer technology that comes out that they will be able to tell what color something is just by reading the shadow and light in the photo.
If it was black and white film, it's just impossible. The information just isn't there. The chemicals of black and white developing just didn't do colors. You can't infer or enhance that which was never present.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
If it was black and white film, it's just impossible. The information just isn't there. The chemicals of black and white developing just didn't do colors. You can't infer or enhance that which was never present.
Leave Future Psychopath alone, he's rollin'.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Time machines.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Part of me thinks this is awesome, but really I think this is bastardizing history. That era just looks better in black and white

edzeppe

Dec 11, 2004
Its difficult to wrap my brain around because I assume that the entire world was in black and white until about 1952, much in the same way I picture Arizona having red skies because of the heat.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
I once saw Diana Sawyer. I couldn't believe everything around her was actually in sharp focus.

mkrochmaln

Donator
Jun 14, 2006
Calvin's dad has a pretty good explanation of when the world turned color: