Discussion in 'Cool Internet Videos' started by ShooterMcGavin, Oct 9, 2011.
Welcome to the future.
Every "Modern" kitchen in the mid to late 1800's had one..it was an orb that you threw in the event of a fire. I think it had carbon tetrachloride or maybe Camphor spirits..what ever it was it kinda sucked up all the O-2 out the room.
I'm sure they are very safe.
lol carbon tet is a great fire extinguisher but when it "burns" it puts out poison gas.... kind of like halon
Halon was outlawed because it hurt the ozone... MANNNNNNN!
We tried one of these on a job a few years back & it ended up not working allowing the fire to progress further into the dwelling. Went from a 1 room fire to a fully involved house in no time. No Bueno...