OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

America!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by LiddyRules, Jun 16, 2007.

?

How do you feel about America?

1. I Love America! USA USA

49 vote(s)
    73.1%
  2. America sucks! Boooooooooooo

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. I'm eh about the entire thing. Whatever, America.

13 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

The discussion about what would you do if you were President got me thinking, how do you feel about America?

Are you proud of it?
    Do you hate it?
    Are you just apathetic about the whole thing?

2. LBF

LBF Registered User

America beats the shit out of any alternative, IMO.

3. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

america! fuck yea!

4. LiddyRules

A thumb up the ass might hurt less than all the other fingers but it's still something up your ass. Don't think of it in a "would you settle for America?" way.

5. Sct Ptersns Twn

Sct Ptersns Twn Looking 4 a New 1st Mate

Fuck if they can't take a joke.

6. LBF

LBF Registered User

I didn't word my initial response really well. I am very proud of the fact that I live in a country where it is still perfectly legal to do a lot of things that would land you in jail in others.

Your thumb-in-ass analogy was quite funny, sir.

7. YourAmishDaddy

This country doesn't have shit on Switzerland. The fucking air there even smells free. Go to sleep, wake up, no one's scaring you about terrorists, or war, and they mind their own fucking business. Switzerland is what America was supposed to be.

And I have to edit this.

To Lefty. name one action or thing you can do as a person that isn't regulated or monitored by the government in this country. Doug Stanhope said it best about America. Anyone who remembers it, it's totally true.

8. Glenn Dandy

Glenn Dandy THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.

America has been in a downward spiral the last 20 years. I dont see much of a future. Its all fucked up.

20 years ago and past.... Greatest place on earth.

Not to sound like a complete racist, BUT!

Europeans made America awsome and we are systematicly losing that culture.

It wasnt the water, air and land..... It was the European lifestyle that made America a nice place to live and work.

Any ethnicity is going to get buggered up eventualy.... like when England got to pompus in 1776 and we needed to put a foot down to get some libertys.... but that mess was created over thousands of tears..... America is going down like a screaming jet on flames in under 100 years.

To much freedom? mayby.

9. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

I wouldn't say I Hate it, but there are a lot of thing that I would be disgusted by and try to fix IF I were Prez.
    I love a lot of things about it, but dislike a lot of things as well.

10. LBF

LBF Registered User

I didn't say we weren't monitored, regulated, etc to death. Just because something is regulated or monitored does not make it illegal. For instance, I really enjoy recreational shooting and hunting. In America, it is perfectly legal for me to own several different firearms for these purposes. Many other places (England for example) do not allow regular citizens to do this.

But to answer your question in typical wackbag smart-ass fashion. the government doesn't regulate or monitor how often I jerk off. :action-sm

Edit: I also agree with Glenn that America's best days are behind her. One of the problems of basically allowing anyone to come here is the fact that we have a whole lot of stupid bastards running around. Never said I wouldn't like to change some things (quite a few actually), just that I am proud to be here as opposed to somewhere else.

11. Glenn Dandy

Let my just weigh in on one thing.... Im president of Wackbag right? I have zero power to change shit here... Do you realy think our president of the United States can honestly change the grease that turns the gears of this corrupt government?

People bitch about NJ.... in the same respect... at what point does an elected official get a visit from who realy runs NJ?

thats why America is fucked up... elected officials are puppets, a ruze maan...we dont vote on who realy runs things, not anymore.

Isnt it obvious thats the problem to everyone?

the day the almighty dollar past , morality. Was the day America died.

thats capitalism for ya.

communist, capitalist,dictatorship, they all have there strong and weak points. I knew we were in trouble when the three party system,,, was cut down at the knees... Ross Perot taught me how they roll up in dare.

12. abudabit

abudabit New Wackbag

Waa waa waaa, everything's horrible.

13. kloraferm

kloraferm Humor is reason gone mad

Everywhere has stuff that's good and stuff that sucks.

14. KickToTheUterus

KickToTheUterus Kicking Uteruses Since 1986

:clap:QFT!:clap:

15. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

Been around the world, and there's no place else I'd rather be.

That said, it's not perfect. Then again, there's at least a system that (theoretically) works to self-correct things.

It's like what Churchill is rumored to have said about democracy: It's not the best way to decide things. It's just the best way to decide things that we've tried.

No, America doesn't have the best way to run things. It's just got the best way to run things that we've tried so far. If you're working to make things better, does it make more sense to start here or in Bangladesh?

And yeah, Switzerland's nice. If you're into a stagnant society, blue public restroom lights, and a whopping 2.7% GDP growth rate. Switzerland pulls this off the way most Euro countries pull off their prosperity: they're resting on their laurels. They've got a low GDP growth rate combined with a low population growth rate. Not impressed.

16. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

There are times I'm proud to be an American. There are other times when I'm disgusted by this country. Given the opportunity I would move to another country and the way Your Amish Daddy describes Switzerland, it would be at the top of my list. I will say this though, the way the America is going, its going end up like the Roman Empire.

17. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

I think the President has more power than you're giving him. For example, he's shifted the courts to the right. On all levels.

I agree that most elected officials are puppets to some corporation or group that handed them a few million.

18. Glenn Dandy

Ohhh, he has power...... just doesnt use it for us.... too busy playing payback to the folks who " LET" him be there.

19. Grem

Grem Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.

Every country has its time in the forfront of history, once it was Rome, Then It was the British Empire. Now it is the USA, but no "empire" lasts forever, no empire ever has.

20. ChimneyFish

ChimneyFish Come home...to Simple Rick's

The most you can be sentenced to for murder, in Norway, is 21 years.
    Very interesting.

21. LiddyRules

But there's no black people in Norway so only the wholesome white people who tragically murder for good reasons get 21 years.

I also agree that our best days are behind us. We need a REAL change in this country. And not a bullshit change like 9/11. We need some V for Vendetta type shit.

22. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

What we need is a real war to find out if our best days are truly behind us. Enough of this tactical fighting against guerilla warfare. Let's pick a fight with a real country (North Korea?) and see who's standing at the end. Check your history books, kiddies - America always surges during and after a real war. It's during these downtimes when our faggoty nature steps to the forefront (Did I actually see people wishing they were Swiss?) and we start fighting each other.

23. ChimneyFish

ChimneyFish Come home...to Simple Rick's

I'm with you there.

Now only if we had a Big Ben.

24. abudabit

abudabit New Wackbag

A nation proves its worth in times of peace, not in times of war. If your only vision of American greatness is our wars and our prowess at war than this nation is useless to you.

25. ImAlrightSpider

ImAlrightSpider I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!

Or don't they? <dramatic music> :icon_eek: