Amy Schumer and Antony Jeselnik get their own shows.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...ivarietynvr1118056072-20120628,0,242047.story
Comedy Central has ordered three new series for 2013, featuring comics Anthony Jeselnik, Amy Schumer and Ben Hoffman.

The untitled Jeselnik series features the comedian who has been seen on Comedy Central's roasts of Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump and who has an upcoming hourlong stand-up special on the cabler, "Anthony Jeselnik: Caligula." He also shared in an Emmy nom for writing Comedy Central's special "A Night of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Concert for Autism Education."

Jeselnik will exec produce with head writer Tom Johnson, showrunner Krysia Plonka and Christie Smith.

Schumer, who was a finalist on NBC's "Last Comic Standing" and also earned notice for the Sheen roast, will star in a single-camera series that mixes sketch comedy (featuring heightened versions of herself) with stand-up comedy. She has also appeared in "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "30 Rock" and "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World." Daniel Powell will exec produce with Schumer.

Hoffman's series will feature him in sketches and man-on-the-street bits, with a principal premise to each week, such as forming a band, finding religion, auditioning for a reality show or trying out volunteer work.
Cool.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Because of Patrice, I will always think of Anthony Jeselnik as a middle act.
I like him, but I do think people think too highly of him.

They think he's Carlin, and he's more like Gottfried.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
AMY got attention on the roast?!? FUCK PATRICE, WHY DID YOU DIE?

I can only imagine what kinda show Patrice might come up with, IF he was so inclined.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005

I can only imagine what kinda show Patrice might come up with, IF he was so inclined.
Nobody was going to let Patrice have a show, especially not Comedy Central.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Actually, I think FX would have eventually come around, what with the success of Louie. Alas, we'll never know as baby girl was cruelly taken from us.

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
I read the description of Amy's show and it sounds a lot like the format of Louie to me. Am I crazy?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA

We already know: Patrice Oneal's White People. I would've watched every week and bought every DVD.

By the way, if memory serves me correctly, Patriki actually got around to the pitching that project to Comedy Central, but they passed on it.

motherfer

May 3, 2005
Glad Amy's got a show.

And I'll be watching it online, like everybody else.

God Loves Fags

A clear and dusty day in June
Feb 1, 2011
Brooklyn
We already know: Patrice Oneal's White People. I would've watched every week and bought every DVD.

By the way, if memory serves me correctly, Patriki actually got around to the pitching that project to Comedy Central, but they passed on it.
If you type Patrice O'neal Show: Coming Soon in YouTube you can actually watch like 25 episodes of that show. Most are between like 6 and 11 minutes long. It's a lot of Patrice content, and it's weird that no one ever talks about it. It's not that great overall (his friend Dante is in it and he's terrible), but there's some gold in there, mostly improvised shit of Patrice making fun of the white people behind the scenes.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Did anybody see her on the adult swim show Delocated? She was in the 3rd season that wrapped up a few months ago. The show is not bad for a low budget show, has some funny moments. She had a minor role on the show but was in most of the episodes of the last season.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Bochetti is another one of those smug comics. Probably because he is really good looking. But he pulls it off.