And the NFL offseason firings start

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
So far just today.
Brian Billick fired as Ravens head coach.

In Miami, Parcells already fired the GM, assistant director of player personell, and college scouting coordinator

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Well it was time for Billick to go, I mean he only got that job because of the success the Vikings had in 1998. If had Randy Moss on one side and Chris Carter on the other, I would be considered an offensive guru too. As for Mueller, anybody that trades Wes Welker to a team in his own divsion, as well as draft Ted Ginn Jr. deserved to be fired.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Well it was time for Billick to go, I mean he only got that job because of the success the Vikings had in 1998. If had Randy Moss on one side and Chris Carter on the other, I would be considered an offensive guru too. As for Mueller, anybody that trades Wes Welker to a team in his own divsion, as well as draft Ted Ginn Jr. deserved to be fired.

Every year it amazed me how long of a leash that Superbowl win bought Billick. How he fooled people into thinking he was a offensive genius all those years was shocking.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It will be a tough road back for Billick. He hasn't made many friends. He'll probably get a shot as an offensive coordinator, but he better pick his spot carefully, unlike his fellow cocky scumbag cohorts Mike Martz and Jim Fassel.

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
Does Coughlin go if and when the Giants falter in the playoffs? I hate to say when, cause as a Giants fan, I want to see them go all the way, but, let's be realistic!

The Billick firing was imminent, and not surprising at all. What about Mangina, he staying? ;)

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I agree, Brian Billick is not a surprise though I do think he will land as an offensive cordinator somewhere.

I also say Cam Cameron is going to be fired. It's not really his fault that Miami was so bad (they just don't have the players) but Parcells is going to want "his guy".

As for Coughlin, if he makes to the NFC Championship, we will stay. Divisional, I give it a maybe. But if the team looses in the first round, he's done.

As for Mike Martz, I think he is done as well. I think he should get out of the NFL and coach in the college ranks. His offensive system would go over big with recruits and I think he would be extremely successful.

A couple of names that you will here this off season is Mike Singletary, who would make a lot of sense in Atlanta and Jason Garrett who would do well in a rebuilding situation.

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Does Coughlin go if and when the Giants falter in the playoffs? I hate to say when, cause as a Giants fan, I want to see them go all the way, but, let's be realistic!

The Billick firing was imminent, and not surprising at all. What about Mangina, he staying? ;)

Coughlin definitely is gone if they're out in the first round. I think perhaps if he makes the 2nd round he may stay.
Mangina should get another year. I know the Jets fans are seemingly divided but I think and am in the camp that believes the guy should get another year. I do believe that both coordinators on each side of the ball should be fired immediately and replaced with better people. The problem with the New York Jets is and always will be WOODY JOHNSON. :hamm:

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I don't think Coughlin leaves this year unless they can talk Cowher into coaching, but I think Parcells is the only guy who has that power.

Even though Cowher I think said he's taking next year off.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
and the head coach shuffling begins. They just go to different teams and are considered geniuses re-born

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
No surprise with Billick. Even his players hated him.

I think Cam Cameron gets one more year as the sacrificial lamb. Then as some talent comes in Parcells will bring his guy in. Mueller should have been taken out and shot after the Welker deal.

Cowher has been asked and time and time again he says he doesn't want to come back to coaching. He says that might change in the future but for now that's the case. I don't know how much to put into that but one remark stood out to me to think that's the truth. He said he was surprised at how much he's enjoying being retired from coaching and doing what he's doing now.

JC510

Mar 3, 2006
I don't think the Ravens should have fired Billick. He had alot of good seasons there, even last year going 13-3 and then losing a close game to the Colts in the playoffs. The guy won a Super Bowl for christ's sake. And it's like he's bombed since then. From 2001-2007 they went 60-52 with 3 playoff appearances.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I don't think the Ravens should have fired Billick. He had alot of good seasons there, even last year going 13-3 and then losing a close game to the Colts in the playoffs. The guy won a Super Bowl for christ's sake. And it's like he's bombed since then. From 2001-2007 they went 60-52 with 3 playoff appearances.
All those amazing defenses though, and they went out and traded for a premiere RB this year and they get five wins out of it. There were a lot of years between 2000 and now that he could have won another title but through bad coaching/player moves they didn't.

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
I agree, Brian Billick is not a surprise though I do think he will land as an offensive cordinator somewhere.

I also say Cam Cameron is going to be fired. It's not really his fault that Miami was so bad (they just don't have the players) but Parcells is going to want "his guy".

As for Coughlin, if he makes to the NFC Championship, we will stay. Divisional, I give it a maybe. But if the team looses in the first round, he's done.

As for Mike Martz, I think he is done as well. I think he should get out of the NFL and coach in the college ranks. His offensive system would go over big with recruits and I think he would be extremely successful.

A couple of names that you will here this off season is Mike Singletary, who would make a lot of sense in Atlanta and Jason Garrett who would do well in a rebuilding situation.
Wow, you nailed a lot of these. Espn reported last night that Jason Garret is a candidate for the Ravens vacancy, and that Singletary is being mentioned in Atlanta, or possibly Miami if Cameron gets fired.

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
Sep 9, 2005
In the D - south of 8 mile
Mike Martz out in Detroit. Rumored to be heading to San Fransisco as Off Coord.

Kind of a bummer. I like his imagination but he seemed to lock into a certain thing for entire games.
It was either run-run-run-run-run-pass-run-run-run or pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-run-pass-pass-pass.
Drove me nuts.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Cowher has still said that he will not come back to coaching next season...he wants at least 2 years off

Cam Cameron shitcanned in Miami

ESPN said:
Cameron out as Dolphins coach

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron was fired Thursday morning, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports, continuing the team's shakeup following the hiring of Bill Parcells as head of football operations.

Cameron's fate was decided a day after the Dolphins hired Jeff Ireland as their new general manager and less than a week after Cameron finished a 1-15 season in his first year as an NFL head coach.

Parcells' call also means the Dolphins will have their fifth head coach in five seasons in 2008.

Bad personnel decisions over the past decade are a major reason for the decline of the Dolphins, once a perennial playoff team. They're sitting out the postseason for the sixth year in a row, and only an overtime win against Baltimore last month prevented them from becoming the NFL's first 0-16 team.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Plus, the only job I think would really interest him is the Giants job.
It's his best chance of succeeding. Cowher's success in Pittsburgh wasn't solely due to his ability as a coach. He was part of an organization that knows how to scout talent and draft well. Part of his success came from the system he was in. No one knows if he can build a team. But I don't think anyone, especially him, wants to find out. If he comes back, he'll want to go somewhere that has a good existing talent pool.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I think it's pretty much a given that Parcells will go after Crennell if Cleveland will let him talk to Romeo.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Cleveland would be retardedto allow him to talk to Crennell

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Cleveland would be retardedto allow him to talk to Crennell
I agree. In any case, I'm not even sure why Crennel would even want to talk to Miami. Even if they offer him more money he is in a better situation to succeed in Cleveland. Miami is in rebuilding mode and it will take at least three to four years for the team to be a factor at best. Cleveland was arguably the best team not to make the playoffs this year and with a little improvement could challenge for the Super Bowl sooner than later.

However, having said that if Crenel does leave the absolute best fir for Cleveland would be Bill Cowher. He played for the Browns for three years and they gave him his first coaching job. The fans would love him and Cowher would have instant success as the team is only a year or so away from being a significant factor in the AFC. It really would be a great match.

In fact, after thinking about this Cleveland may be inclined to let Crennel go if Cowher shows interest. They would get an arguably better coach and some sort of compensation from Miami to boot.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Cowher would definitely spark interest and god knows the Brownies/Steelers rivalry would turn into pure and utter hatred

I keep hearing Cowher as the next Giants coach essentially because his daughters go to Princeton & it'd be close to the rest of his family

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Oh baby, Cowher to Cleveland would be fantastic. But I really also believe like alot of you that the Giants is really the only team he'd want to be. If I'm the Giants and Cowher definitely wants to come if its open then you fire Coughlin regardless.