And you wonder why people get fed up with the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Just sort of venting now so excuse me if I go on to much.

Tonight my internet service went out for most of the day due to service provider problems. Called Comcast and they told me they were working on it. While I was waiting, I was fooling around and clicked on the paltalk icon and it opened and I was on the net. Figured my service was back on so I tried to open the internet and it was still down. Called Comcast who said service was still down. I told them that I was on Paltalk and they said that was impossible. I told them I was listening and watching it right now. He told me to make sure it was live and so I decided to simply type the word test to see if it would register,. Sure enough it did and the guy from Comcast was amazed.

The next thing I know I'm being told to "DIE" by some guy named Klivian. I explained why I did what I did and I was then told to Kill myself. I ask why the tough guy act and said I was leaving and I guess I didn't leave quick enough because Klivian then has his Mod buddies bounce me from the "opie and Anthony Fan Room." Now because I dared type a single word, I am banned from the room for 24 hours.

Now can you people see why the fan base isn't growing like it should. People are sick of the bullshit that goes on with these so called groups.

I've been going into that room for over a year and never had a problem. You know why I never had a problem, it was because I never typed anything or said a word. I just listened and watched because I knew that I wasn't one of the special people who are allowed to talk. The first time I did, I get banned.

This is just a perfect example of how fans get treated by 20 something year olds who feel some sort of power in these rooms.

I'll be honest with you, I used to be a die hard fan but it's really hard to continue to be such a fan when there is a certain group of people who really have no life experience thinking that they run everything.
 

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
#2
being as the show is so integrated with the fans, Im afraid your always gonna be stuck with the fan whore types.... dont hold it against the show,,,, I understand how you feel though....there are other O&A rooms that are lil cooler;) ask around.
 

circpro

No Complaints here
#3
what does the actions of these people have to do with the show itself? I only hear Ant bouncing people during a bit that was ruined by a dopie caller...

If you don't like the actions of people who think they are really apart of the show then distance yourself. I use to have that impression of Wackbag but as I trolled the threads I realized that it was only a few people and started contributing and distancing myself from potential board BS... Never got into the paltalk thing for the same reason.

Saying the show isn't growing because of these people is not fair to the O&A crew. You hear Opie all the time tell the boards to "eat their own."
 
#4
circpro said:
what does the actions of these people have to do with the show itself? I only hear Ant bouncing people during a bit that was ruined by a dopie caller...

If you don't like the actions of people who think they are really apart of the show then distance yourself. I use to have that impression of Wackbag but as I trolled the threads I realized that it was only a few people and started contributing and distancing myself from potential board BS... Never got into the paltalk thing for the same reason.

Saying the show isn't growing because of these people is not fair to the O&A crew. You hear Opie all the time tell the boards to "eat their own."

I know, and your right, I just had to vent. But it can turn people off to the show as it just isn't worth the crap.
 

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
#5
That is the too cool for the room syndrome. But, I know you and believe me, you are way too cool for that room.
And I agree with you. A listener who wants to take the next step and get closer to the show in a way that is promoted by the show should be welcomed and encouraged, not fucking treated like that and banned.
Part of the show or not, it is the show that gets the negative nod as well as the site, in this case Paltalk.

If they only saw your awesome sig pics.
 

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
#6
I would give you a presidential pardon, but if you mention my name they will probably bann you for a year.
 
#7
Glenn Dandy said:
I would give you a presidential pardon, but if you mention my name they will probably bann you for a year.

I'll use it the next time a judge threatens me with contempt because i'm arguing with him.
 
#8
Fuck that guy and Fuck Paltalk.

I understand you're upset at some little cunt weilding his power like a douchebag and you should be.

But when you calm down, remember that Paltalk isn't the whole show. Most of us don't even have it and won't be getting it.
 

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
#9
Death Metal Moe said:
Fuck that guy and Fuck Paltalk.

I understand you're upset at some little cunt weilding his power like a douchebag and you should be.

But when you calm down, remember that Paltalk isn't the whole show. Most of us don't even have it and won't be getting it.

X2

see my Avatar and so forth.
Don't be sore, go jerk off and have a good nights rest.
 
#10
Death Metal Moe said:
Fuck that guy and Fuck Paltalk.

I understand you're upset at some little cunt weilding his power like a douchebag and you should be.

But when you calm down, remember that Paltalk isn't the whole show. Most of us don't even have it and won't be getting it.
Well one thing is for sure, when the time comes to renew it simply aint happening. I had it for one year and renewed for another but that's it. I think alot of people are getting sick of these 20 something year olds who think they are someone because they are mods in a internet room.

Note: no offense to anyone in their 20's who aren't power hungry
 

favourite

Extra white meat - HOLLA!
#11
yeah I can see your point. There are times when I just go into the live room and pull up opants cam,it's a good way to see whats goin on in the show. I don't really pay attention to whats been written in the room. Some of the over zealous fans on paltalk are normally the shy ones at the gatherings, its kinda amusing. Don't let it bother ya.
 
#12
favourite said:
yeah I can see your point. There are times when I just go into the live room and pull up opants cam,it's a good way to see whats goin on in the show. I don't really pay attention to whats been written in the room. Some of the over zealous fans on paltalk are normally the shy ones at the gatherings, its kinda amusing. Don't let it bother ya.
But to be fair to him, he kinda had to let it bother him to an extent. If it went just as he said, he was kicked out of the room for 24 hours because he angered some little Napoleon type with Mod powers. I realize he needs to let it go, but how can he not be pissed that some little prick kicked him out of the room he got Paltalk for?

Sure it's a big community and he could find other things to do with it, but much like most of us only listen to 202 on XM, most Paltalker fans of O&A only got it for the show interaction.
 

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
#13
I don't know what to think. On one had there are a few cool guys on paltlak, but on the other hand I don't like all the drama in that fan room.

I'm confused.

:huh:





"whaa"
 
#14
Death Metal Moe said:
But to be fair to him, he kinda had to let it bother him to an extent. If it went just as he said, he was kicked out of the room for 24 hours because he angered some little Napoleon type with Mod powers. I realize he needs to let it go, but how can he not be pissed that some little prick kicked him out of the room he got Paltalk for?

Sure it's a big community and he could find other things to do with it, but much like most of us only listen to 202 on XM, most Paltalker fans of O&A only got it for the show interaction.

I let it go already, just having fun now. Have tomorrow off since I have to take my son to have his braces taken off, so I can stay up and drink. Watching Deadliest Catch and downing some MGD's. Hope everyone is having a great night.
 

favourite

Extra white meat - HOLLA!
#15
Death Metal Moe said:
But to be fair to him, he kinda had to let it bother him to an extent. If it went just as he said, he was kicked out of the room for 24 hours because he angered some little Napoleon type with Mod powers. I realize he needs to let it go, but how can he not be pissed that some little prick kicked him out of the room he got Paltalk for?

Sure it's a big community and he could find other things to do with it, but much like most of us only listen to 202 on XM, most Paltalker fans of O&A only got it for the show interaction.
I agree, it would piss me off too, but Im just saying, look at the bigger picture, this is how most of them act on the net, and in person they are totally different. Don't let one paltalk room annoy you to the point where it puts you off the show. Theres always another room. :)
 

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
#16
Isn't this fan room behavior the same as these other message boards? They get these creeps who think they are hot shots and do nothing but turn people away until it's just the three of them arguing with each other.
 

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
#17
its a fucking bit, as old as pal talk. get over it. or just dont go back, there are plenty of other room s on pal talk to get bounced out of, i try to get bounced at least once a night.
 

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
#18
That’s why I gave up on Pal Talk a long time ago. I guess it's cool to see the show cams live but, I work. At night, it’s a bunch of folks setting up their own little fiefdoms. Between the show, WB and another board or two I have my fill.

And now back to the "INSULT THE WACKBAGER ABOVE YOU" thread. :D
 

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
#19
Its funny how much getting bounced n banned 24 hours can get ya... so fucking steamed,, Ive been there,,, its like "you little motherfucker!" and you cant say nothin cause your bounced very annoying.
 

HumpX

Character Assassin
#20
The Live room between 6-8:30 a.m. is mostly a decent group. Most of the people who come in after that I have no use for.

it's high school clique mentality for those who need to be ego stroked. Fuck 'em.
 

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
#21
Don't get the fans mixed up. Wackbaggers are fans of the show. Paltalkers are fans of themselves. For the most part, they're all over at FBA anyways.

Edit: I'm talking about post-live room fans like HumpX mentioned.
 

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
#22
thegreatgazoo said:
Just sort of venting now so excuse me if I go on to much.

Tonight my internet service went out for most of the day due to service provider problems. Called Comcast and they told me they were working on it. While I was waiting, I was fooling around and clicked on the paltalk icon and it opened and I was on the net. Figured my service was back on so I tried to open the internet and it was still down. Called Comcast who said service was still down. I told them that I was on Paltalk and they said that was impossible. I told them I was listening and watching it right now. He told me to make sure it was live and so I decided to simply type the word test to see if it would register,. Sure enough it did and the guy from Comcast was amazed.

The next thing I know I'm being told to "DIE" by some guy named Klivian. I explained why I did what I did and I was then told to Kill myself. I ask why the tough guy act and said I was leaving and I guess I didn't leave quick enough because Klivian then has his Mod buddies bounce me from the "opie and Anthony Fan Room." Now because I dared type a single word, I am banned from the room for 24 hours.

Now can you people see why the fan base isn't growing like it should. People are sick of the bullshit that goes on with these so called groups.

I've been going into that room for over a year and never had a problem. You know why I never had a problem, it was because I never typed anything or said a word. I just listened and watched because I knew that I wasn't one of the special people who are allowed to talk. The first time I did, I get banned.

This is just a perfect example of how fans get treated by 20 something year olds who feel some sort of power in these rooms.

I'll be honest with you, I used to be a die hard fan but it's really hard to continue to be such a fan when there is a certain group of people who really have no life experience thinking that they run everything.

DIE




















(Someone had to do it.) :action-sm
Seriously, what should you care if one asshole is trying to be an internet tough guy or just running with an overdone gag? It's a minor annoyance, certainly not worthy of the time you took to vent. It's not worth it to let a douchebag get you that pissed off with one word and a bounce. Fuck him. Most fans aren't assholes but there has to be some. THe cyberworld is a lot like the real one...just overlook the shitheads and enjoy the rest of the community.
 

anez_98

Registered User
#23
I've lurked in the o and a room before and found it to be a creepy place. never went back.
 
#24
cigarsandscotch said:
DIE


(Someone had to do it.) :action-sm
Seriously, what should you care if one asshole is trying to be an internet tough guy or just running with an overdone gag? It's a minor annoyance, certainly not worthy of the time you took to vent. It's not worth it to let a douchebag get you that pissed off with one word and a bounce. Fuck him. Most fans aren't assholes but there has to be some. THe cyberworld is a lot like the real one...just overlook the shitheads and enjoy the rest of the community.
That's great. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that. :clap: :clap:

Seriously, I was just venting. (All the beers I was drinking didn't help either) You hear all the people complain about how that room treats people and I never saw it til now. Doesn't bother me now. I'm done with paltalk. Trying to see if I can cancel now and get some of my money back.

P.S. Loved the kitchen makeover.
 
#25
Paltalk reminds me of those aol chatrooms. I check out the show, but not the fan room too much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top