Anderson: my first goal is GSP. Second goal?

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
A report from Anderson's mini-presser today:

Ed Soares says Anderson has two fights left on his current UFC contract.
AS says GSP looks to be next & maybe Jones, I don't know. This is Dana's decision.

Last edited:

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Silva wants no part of JJ. He wants GSP because no matter the catchweight, AS will have a gigantic size advantage.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Silva wants no part of JJ. He wants GSP because no matter the catchweight, AS will have a gigantic size advantage.
I think he knows that the Jones fight will be even bigger than GSP so he is playing it smart for a paycheck

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
I think he knows that the Jones fight will be even bigger than GSP so he is playing it smart for a paycheck
I don't think AS get enough credit when it comes to the business side of his career,

Saying he wants to take a break until December knowing that the UFC is basically planning for a super fight was pretty smart.

He has 2 fights left in his contract, but I won't be surprised if he gets a new one. Fights vs GSP and Jones are big money makers, AS will want to be paid accordingly.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Anderson says he WANTS to fight GSP , but May might be too early .......

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Anderson says he WANTS to fight GSP , but May might be too early .......

In other words, if the UFC wants it in May, it will cost them more money.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Here is a recap that isn't good but still not a definitive NO

GSP was on a show called Tout le monde en parle. Here are some stuff that I remember

- He has a lawsuit going on against his old managment. Did not want to get in details because it's ongoing litigation
- To date, he made more than 15M (not counting his fight with Condit) only in sponsor money
- He talk about Silva (this will be debate for sure!!!) He said that Silva walks around at 234, him 188
- He said Silva wants this fight and then retires.
- He said if he fights Silva, he feels that he would have nothing else to accomplish.
- He would have to gain weight to fight Silva. Once he puts on weight, he will not loose it after.
- He still wants to fight at WW.
He will take the Silva fight when he is ready to retire... i.e. it would be his last fight.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Meh. This whole superfight talk is too much like boxing. They want to fight? Let 'em. They don't want to fight? Whatever. This road leads to MMA Mayweathers and that's not what I would like for this sport.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Meh. This whole superfight talk is too much like boxing. They want to fight? Let 'em. They don't want to fight? Whatever. This road leads to MMA Mayweathers and that's not what I would like for this sport.
Its getting to that point
Dana obviously really wants this & needs another big thing to hype to get people talking UFC
He threw boatloads at Lesnar & Fedor for a match to no avail & is desperate for this

One would get injured anyway