Android phones

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
Have had the v30 for a few days now and really l like it. I also switched to T-mobile from Verizon and don't miss a thing.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
I've never done this before. I've preordered the Galaxy S9+. Typically I wait a couple months after a phone is released to get it for them to work out all the kinks. But my s7 can barely hold a charge for more than 3 or 4 hours with out being recharged. That's kind of my own fault though. I was commuting alot using my phone as a gps keeping it constantly plugged into the car charger. From the reviews I've seen looks like a great phone. But who knows who Samsung paid for positive reviews and how the durability will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Still got my S6. It's just starting to flake a bit now.
Was looking at the 9 but might wait for the 10 , if it'll hold, then I'll judge between the two I don't go through phones fast, especially if they change something that works or do a minimal upgrade

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
I was eyeing the 9 as well. We just switched from AT&T to TMobile and cut the bill in 1/2 so might be time to throw a new phone on there.

Wrecktum

Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
Got my S9 plus today. So far so good. Not really used to the curved screen but it's a sharp picture and the sound is significantly improved over the s7. Really snappy opens apps very quickly with zero lag or stutter. The screen is a little sensitive but over all I like it. Picture quality is top notch as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
We need to replace our piece of shit Nexus 5x phones and it's hard to find anything with a camera as good even 2 years after this phone came out. I'm interested in the Huweia(?) phones but I just don't know.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Got my S9 plus today. So far so good. Not really used to the curved screen but it's a sharp picture and the sound is significantly improved over the s7. Really snappy opens apps very quickly with zero lag or stutter. The screen is a little sensitive but over all I like it. Picture quality is top notch as well.

Did you enable full resolution? When I got my S8 plus, it came set to 1080p, to conserve battery life. I enabled full 2K res, and the hit to the battery was minimal.

Wrecktum

Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
Did you enable full resolution? When I got my S8 plus, it came set to 1080p, to conserve battery life. I enabled full 2K res, and the hit to the battery was minimal.
I did, the battery life is phenomenal. My phones been unplugged since 10pm last night I went to work played with it all night and this morning and it's only just now about to die. And its 1pm. I'm curious to see the battery life at my real job when ever they decide to get some work again. When I'm in a sky scraper or military building with no cell signal cause I haven't installed it yet.

Wrecktum

Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
Also I can't get over how great this thing sounds. Since the galaxies went to ip6 protection the sound quality has been awful. I guess you have to make concessions if you want your phones to not die the second water or dust gets near them. But this thing is like a movie theater in my hands.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
Also I can't get over how great this thing sounds. Since the galaxies went to ip6 protection the sound quality has been awful. I guess you have to make concessions if you want your phones to not die the second water or dust gets near them. But this thing is like a movie theater in my hands.

The S9 is stereo, yes? That's the one thing they didn't get right with the S8, it only has one speaker. It's a hell of a speaker though; crisp and clean sounding, loud and bright. I love my S8 plus, glad I didn't hang around waiting for the Note 8 as I had originally intended.

Wrecktum

Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
The S9 is stereo, yes? That's the one thing they didn't get right with the S8, it only has one speaker. It's a hell of a speaker though; crisp and clean sounding, loud and bright. I love my S8 plus, glad I didn't hang around waiting for the Note 8 as I had originally intended.
Yeah it's stereo. Its loud and crisp. My S7 you could barely hear if you had anything going on in the background like a box fan on low.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Is anyone satisfied with their mid-range Android? I'm in need of an upgrade and have been trying to find something unlocked and compatible with either Sprint or Mobile. Most of the phones I want like the Nokia 7, hero 10, Asus Zenfone don't work with the us bands. I'm looking at a moto x4 as well but for pure Android you have to get Project Fi.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
Yeah it's stereo. Its loud and crisp. My S7 you could barely hear if you had anything going on in the background like a box fan on low.

So my wife just upgraded to the Note 8 from her old S7. Thing is like the S8 Plus on steroids. Plus an S-Pen. Beautiful phone, so responsive.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Got my Pixel 2 delivered to my house today from Project Fi.

Was pretty excited, except there was no phone in the box.

There was packaging, chargers, accessories, and a user manual, but no phone.

Somebody slit the bottom of the box open and got the phone and retaped it.

Put calls in to both Google and Fedex, waiting to hear back. Motherfuckers!

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Got my Pixel 2 delivered to my house today from Project Fi.

Was pretty excited, except there was no phone in the box.

There was packaging, chargers, accessories, and a user manual, but no phone.

Somebody slit the bottom of the box open and got the phone and retaped it.

Put calls in to both Google and Fedex, waiting to hear back. Motherfuckers!
Why would they do that? Just take the whole thing.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Why would they do that? Just take the whole thing.
From the shit I hear from friends who worked at the UPS Hub, it just gets swiped, goes down the line, next hub, passes through many hands thus harder to track

I read they will look thru the transit where it gets weighed each time and narrow it down?

I will say, maybe Google should not mark their fucking G logo on the box that's easily identifiable.

My box has the same exact markings

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
So my wife just upgraded to the Note 8 from her old S7. Thing is like the S8 Plus on steroids. Plus an S-Pen. Beautiful phone, so responsive.
Yep. Love my Note 8. My only complaint is battery life which I heard was largely due to the Note 7 failure.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
Yep. Love my Note 8. My only complaint is battery life which I heard was largely due to the Note 7 failure.
Really? My wife's phone seems to get a nice full day's moderate use with about 50% left at the end of the day. Then again, it is only a week old.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
I'm very happy with the 9+. Had it for about two months now.
I wish I could justify ditching the 8+ for the 9+ or the Note 8. Frankly though, the 8+ is a superb phone and I can't see a real reason to upgrade yet. Maybe in a year or so.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Really? My wife's phone seems to get a nice full day's moderate use with about 50% left at the end of the day. Then again, it is only a week old.
Well...I'll admit...I'm basing it off of my Note 5...which could probably go almost 2 full days without charging. In fact, every Samsung Galaxy (Tab S, Tab A, Note 5, S3) I've owned, I've had 2-3 days of battery use. Note 7 was much more powerful, so it got the upgraded battery, which as we know had near-fatal consequences, so Samsung played it safe with a smaller battery in the Note 8. I was getting about a day on a charge with moderate use the first few months...and now I get to about 6 o'clock before I need to put it on the charger. It's a powerful, high featured phone, so I'm ok with it. But coming from past Samsung devices, it's been a bit of a disappointment in that sense.