Android phones

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I've cracked only two phones in my life....my old HTC Rezound back in 2012 and now my Note 8. Damn thing slid out of my pocket as I leaned back in my chair and landed right on the glass. I thought I was in for a nightmare dealing with Asurion....but it was so easy. Filed a claim online and it turned out they couldn't send someone out to repair the screen for $29, so they replaced it for that price. I've only got five more payments and I really don't care to upgrade now that I've got a phone with better battery life.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I cracked my Nexus 6P. It slipped out of my hand as I was closing the car door and landed on the blacktop face down. Screen was shattered completely. I was on-call for work and needed a replacement phone instantly so I bought the S7 Edge. I got the Nexus repaired and have kept it as a backup phone should a similar event happen in the future. I cracked the screen on the S7 Edge but got a replacement through the Verizon insurance.
Hoping to have better luck with the S10+ this time around. I've got this case for it, and really like it:

https://tinyurl.com/y43za5yg

EDIT: Fucking board software.

As far as screen protection, I went with the liquid glass nano stuff. I just made a separate thread about it. I guess I'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
I Otterbox all of my phones. Kinda wish sometimes I could have a case with a cool graphic on it, but I prefer a phone that isn't all tweaked up.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
I Otterbox all of my phones. Kinda wish sometimes I could have a case with a cool graphic on it, but I prefer a phone that isn't all tweaked up.
I was a big Otterbox fan. But, the Otterbox for the S10+ was way overpriced for what it is. My S7 Edge cracked even in an Otterbox Defender. The Incipio case is similar, as it has a soft rubber inner component and a tough outer component.

I was a big Otterbox fan. But, the Otterbox for the S10+ was way overpriced for what it is. My S7 Edge cracked even in an Otterbox Defender. The Incipio case is similar, as it has a soft rubber inner component and a tough outer component.
I've had good luck. S9+ currently. And Amazon usually has the Otterboxes cheap enough, although you might have to wait until the initial rush of new phone releases is over. I don't think I've ever paid more than $20 for one.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I've got something called a Unicirn Beetle on my G9+.

It feels nice and sturdy, at any rate.

I've always used Fishbone cases before, but it looks like they are out of business or something.

I cracked my Nexus 6P. It slipped out of my hand as I was closing the car door and landed on the blacktop face down. Screen was shattered completely. I was on-call for work and needed a replacement phone instantly so I bought the S7 Edge. I got the Nexus repaired and have kept it as a backup phone should a similar event happen in the future. I cracked the screen on the S7 Edge but got a replacement through the Verizon insurance.
Hoping to have better luck with the S10+ this time around. I've got this case for it, and really like it:

https://tinyurl.com/y43za5yg

EDIT: Fucking board software.

As far as screen protection, I went with the liquid glass nano stuff. I just made a separate thread about it. I guess I'll see how it goes.
I miss my Nexus 6, totally unlocked, I wasted many hours with ROMs and kernels. My note 8 is locked down on att, only thing I have is a fancy launcher. :(

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
I miss my Nexus 6, totally unlocked, I wasted many hours with ROMs and kernels. My note 8 is locked down on att, only thing I have is a fancy launcher. :(
I did a bunch of that with my first few Android phones, the Droid, Droid X, and my old Note 3.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My SD card shit the bed last night. Mostly pics of girls with big toddies I use for wallpapers.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
I got this pretty nice wireless charger from Amazon. It can fast charge two phones at once. I keep it on my nightstand and just toss both phones on it when we go to bed, or I throw my phone on there when I'm in bed watching TV, etc.

https://tinyurl.com/y6kvyztg

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
I probably have to wait until 2020 for my S10+ to get it. Samsung drags their fucking feet.

blazin

I did the update last night. I havent really explored it yet, but so far so good.

I like the new fonts, some new notifications happening. Seems like 10 is based around "digital well being"

I'll probably do the wifey's Pixel 3a when she gets home from work. Im still using a 2.

blazin

That's another nice thing about the PIxel 3 /3XL, when you buy the phone Google gives you UNLIMITED photo storage.
All Pixels, actually.

Threw me off the other day. Went to takeout.google.com to download all my wife's photos. Google said she was only using 1.8GB of cloud, but her takeout download was like 40GB. It was all pictures she took that didn't count against her total. She had a Pixel 1.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Any Pixel users upgrade to 10 today?

I'm downloading it now, hesitantly.
So far so good. I'm liking the new menu layouts and dark mode all over is really nice. Couple notification settings got switched but otherwise its been smooth sailing.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
I probably have to wait until 2020 for my S10+ to get it. Samsung drags their fucking feet.
That was one reason I strayed from Samsung to try the Pixel 3XL - monthly updates as soon as they are rolled out. A year or so later I still count it as a big plus.

Just upgraded the missus to a 3a from a Samsung S7, she's liking it a lot too.