Angry Videogame Nerd

CousinDave

He held onto a lot of his stuff but he has stated in many of his videos that he has had to go to ebay and fans willing to send/sell him stuff for a lot of the hard to find stuff. I still want those mini arcade cabinets he has, I never had one but I always loved them.

my brother and I had 3-4 of those. My brother as a kid was an electronic genius and at like 8 years old was able to make AC adapters for them, because they ate batteries quickly. Not sure what happened to them, probably in my grandmother's basement that flooded.

A couple of years ago there was a company that made a new Frogger

While not the same (to big & heavy to play laying down in bed on your chest) Ion Audio makes the iCade for iPad dosen't work with every game but Pac-Man, Frogger & the Atari games work with it, real joystick and buttons.

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/icade

[video=youtube;oR9c-z5H2Hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oR9c-z5H2Hs[/video]

Tekzilla recently had it on an episode, it was on Geek Beat TV, & Mark at Classic Game Room featured it a while back, pretty positive reviews, I have no complaints about mine, except it has a different finish, mine looks like more of a late 70's arcade cabinet and the ones now have more of an 80's look.

Here is the one I have

UnOriginal

Companion Cube Lover
I saw his recent updates, I guess he made a movie.??? I wonder how it will be.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
I saw his recent updates, I guess he made a movie.??? I wonder how it will be.
Yeah, I follow his website and watch all the other videos they put up. Looks like they are in the editing stage of the movie now. The Spielberg Games AVGN episode hinted that the movie centers around his review of E.T., but there's very little info about it. He does have some cool people working for him behind the scenes and shit. I'm very curious to see what they put together.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Dammit! I was hoping this thread got bumped because there was a new AVGN video. I appreciate that they kept posting new content while busy filming, but those Mike videos haven't really been cutting the mustard. There's this at least: Mortal Kombat Memories.

I'm very much anticipating the movie.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Haha, great episode. I loved the perfunctory "What were they thinking?" Plus another ET mention.

I've missed you, AVGN.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Yeah, I really enjoyed it. He's really getting slick with his style, too.

phlydude

From where the girls don't give it up to Lil'Jimmy
Rolling Rock bottle but with water inside...WHA HAPPENED???

phlydude

From where the girls don't give it up to Lil'Jimmy
You really expect him to waste a beer on a spit take scene?
Well, it is Rolling Rock...
We aren't talking about some rare Belgian Abbey brew secretly smuggled out of the country

But in all seriousness, the RR bottle has been neutralized with the labels being removed and he takes a swig or two early in the episode and you can clearly see there is no carbonation in the bottle.
If you are going to use "fuck" and "duck cunt" in a video, drink the beer for real.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Well, it is Rolling Rock...
We aren't talking about some rare Belgian Abbey brew secretly smuggled out of the country

But in all seriousness, the RR bottle has been neutralized with the labels being removed and he takes a swig or two early in the episode and you can clearly see there is no carbonation in the bottle.
If you are going to use "fuck" and "duck cunt" in a video, drink the beer for real.
You do realize that there were more than one take of those shots, right? And the fact that he has used water for a majority of all the beer shots across the episodes?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Rolling Rock bottle but with water inside...WHA HAPPENED???
1) Like most productions, these videos take multiple takes to create. Repeated drinking eventually leads to intoxication which makes line deliveries more difficult (which leads to yet more takes).

2) The amount left in the bottle has to remain consistent. It's cheaper to replace the amount of liquid missing with water than beer. Even if he started a video drinking real beer, he be drinking water by the end of two or three takes.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
He could have used some ginger ale or something, but I never felt that AVGN was about the small details like that. We all know it isn't beer, but who cares?

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Monster Madness going on now.

He also said, for you PA Pests, he is doing a screening of his movies trailer at the theater where they filmed The Blob.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Monster Madness going on now.

He also said, for you PA Pests, he is doing a screening of his movies trailer at the theater where they filmed The Blob.
Battle Beyond the Stars..top five of my favorite movies.