Animal Cruelty Vs. Human Cruelty

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
With all the Michael Vick dog-fighting news going on, I've flipped through some CNN and Fox shows where they're now doing animal cruelty type segments. Seeing the "used" dogs and hearing about how Vick/His Friends killed the dogs that he didn't need anymore (Body Slamming, Electrocution, Drowning etc) I've realized that hearing or seeing an animal in pain is way more painful for me to see than if it was a human. I assume that I might be in the norm with this, I guess it's just because I've seen humans in pain more than animals?

Maybe I really have been desensitized by movies/games/tv. I guess I've seen too many interrogation scenes and people being murdered and beat to death to be too shocked and disgusted. I mean I still am if I hear about it in real life, but if I read a story about how some random person was knifed to death in a car-jacking and then read a story about how a kitten's eyes were cut out with a spoon or something I'm going to feel so much more upset about the kitten.

I assume it's because an animal is more or less helpless, and seems innocent of all things, they just want to sleep and eat.

Anyone else feel this way?
Give me a beheading video over an animal torture video. (No offense meant)
Am I insane

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I'm the same way.

I'm not some animal rights nut, because there is nothing better than a fat bloody steak on my plate, but if I had to choose, I would exterminate people over animals any day of the week.

And Vick is a piece of shit.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
I can't stomach watching shows on the Animal Planet about people that have neglected animals. Anything else doesn't really bother me much.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
With all the Michael Vick dog-fighting news going on, I've flipped through some CNN and Fox shows where they're now doing animal cruelty type segments. Seeing the "used" dogs and hearing about how Vick/His Friends killed the dogs that he didn't need anymore (Body Slamming, Electrocution, Drowning etc) I've realized that hearing or seeing an animal in pain is way more painful for me to see than if it was a human. I assume that I might be in the norm with this, I guess it's just because I've seen humans in pain more than animals?

Maybe I really have been desensitized by movies/games/tv. I guess I've seen too many interrogation scenes and people being murdered and beat to death to be too shocked and disgusted. I mean I still am if I hear about it in real life, but if I read a story about how some random person was knifed to death in a car-jacking and then read a story about how a kitten's eyes were cut out with a spoon or something I'm going to feel so much more upset about the kitten.

I assume it's because an animal is more or less helpless, and seems innocent of all things, they just want to sleep and eat.

Am I insane
no you are not insane, the bold is the exact reason.

Its the same reason why most people go nuts over abused children or abused retarded people (well most people that arent sick fucking OnA fans)
It has to do with them being helpless and innocent

I would exterminate people over animals any day of the week.

And Vick is a piece of shit.
QFT X2

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
My wife is a Vet Tech., We have 3 dogs and 5 cats. I would bring the wrath on someone just as much for hurting my animals, as I would my son or wife.

Animals are kids that never grow up, they are who they are, their entire lives.

Vick is a warted-cock piece of shit.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
To me I could care less about animals, to me they are all here to be eaten and for our pleasure, do with them what you will. Nothing done could affect me any way, shape or form.
As for humans unless it was someone close to me, I also could not care what is done to them.
I have seen 1st hand some horrific shit done to both animals and people in my life, I am well past having any feelings anymore. I guess to some that may be sad, I look at it as something that has toughened me up. I look at the world thru my eyes, thats all I have.

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
One of the reasons mounted police are used for crowd control is that people who will hurt a cop won't hurt the horse he's riding on. People just like animals more than humans.

Early child abuse cases were made with the ASPCA, turns out the existing animal cruelty laws also applied to children.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
One of the reasons mounted police are used for crowd control is that people who will hurt a cop won't hurt the horse he's riding on. People just like animals more than humans.

Early child abuse cases were made with the ASPCA, turns out the existing animal cruelty laws also applied to children.
Well that and they can take a punch... our old landlord was a hippy (maaaaaan)... and he said that ice picks worked great on moving police horses back in the day... charming.

Really could not imagine doing something like that to a horse or a dog etc... as our horses are like wicked mellow... and can be moved by a hand under the chin etc... meh.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
In all seriousness, WTF is Animan cruelty? :icon_mrgr

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.

What about people who say "fuck you and the horse you rode in on"

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'm not an animal's rights nut and I fully support the testing on animals when it comes to diseases. However it does bother me when people inflict pain on animals for nothing but some twisted fucked up thrill. I do believe it has do with the whole them being innocent and defenseless. But I also can't watch beheading videos either so there is my line when it comes to human cruelty.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
That's kind of how I feel. People can choose to make their situation better or stay in the hell that they created for themselves. Animals don't always get that choice.

To me, there is a difference between a pet and an animal that's been bred for the sole purpose of ending up on my plate. However, I am in total denial about where said food comes from.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I hate cats, skunks, coyotes, enjoy either shooting them, just hate them.

Deer, Moose, Dogs, etc I hate seeing dead or suffering. I think it's because I think they are intelligent animals, and they don't deserve to die.

There are people, where if I could, I'd put either a bullet in their skull or throw in the oven because they are a drain on society, and don't contribute anything.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas

Am I insane
Completely agree until the person in the situation of being abused is someone you know.

cosmic cow

RaMoooooone!!!
Jul 26, 2005
New Jersey
I can't watch or read about animal cruelty...............I can just imagine the scumbags watching these fights and going crazy when they kill the dog.....wow you are a man........there are way too many assholes in this world

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i hope some sparkling wiggle in jail ass fucks him. my dogs are my retarded children, if any one ever hurt them for no reason i would kill them. i had to "correct" my neighbors late teen son about kicking my dogs at a party one night.
im far from being a PETA pecker head, as a matter of fact im a hunter. but torturing a dog for the entertainment of some fucking savages is well. just inexcusable.

Aug 11, 2005
yep, torture is bad but I don't wanna see a beheading video or an animal torture video