Anime Recommendations

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Anyone watch B: The Beginning?

It's on Netflix, binged it all in a weekend a few back. Season 2 has been announced apparently.

Dec 12, 2007
Anyone watch B: The Beginning?

It's on Netflix, binged it all in a weekend a few back. Season 2 has been announced apparently.
Heard of it but never watched. Next on my plate is Megalobox.

Did you watch Hero today? Its a very good and very important episode.

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Heard of it but never watched. Next on my plate is Megalobox.

Did you watch Hero today? Its a very good and very important episode.
It was good enough that I binged it in a single weekend, thought he latter half had some weak parts.

Just showed up to say I just finished MHA :eek:

Dec 12, 2007
@Falldog MHA is so good when it just focuses on the adults of the show.

Like right now the main character of the manga is Endeavor. He's dealing with the new responsibility placed on him as a result of this episode and its pretty fun.

He has a sweet new costume too.

Dec 12, 2007
@Falldog I think you should check out Megalo Box if you aren't already. Its got this sort of gritty 90s style animation that makes it look old while incorporating modern animation techniques. Its also an adult geared show, which I think you like.

One last thing about MHA this season. Thank Christ they didn't do 24 episodes again. No more filler, just good stuff.

They probably did this because they need time to focus on the movie but its also good because they won't burn through the manga as quickly.
The show is up to issue 94 or 96, currently the manga is on issue 187. So they moved pretty fast in just a couple years.

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
@Falldog I think you should check out Megalo Box if you aren't already. Its got this sort of gritty 90s style animation that makes it look old while incorporating modern animation techniques. Its also an adult geared show, which I think you like.

One last thing about MHA this season. Thank Christ they didn't do 24 episodes again. No more filler, just good stuff.

They probably did this because they need time to focus on the movie but its also good because they won't burn through the manga as quickly.
The show is up to issue 94 or 96, currently the manga is on issue 187. So they moved pretty fast in just a couple years.
It's on the list. Maybe eventually if it shows up on Netflix.

No filler, short seasons, is the way to do an in-process shonen manga show.

Dec 12, 2007
@Falldog Megalo Box veers into "why should I give a shit about these characters?" about mid-season. Maybe don't watch it.

Watching the Golden Kamuy anime. For a manga that's really popular for its humor I'm surprised I've not heard about how violent it is. I'm 2 minutes into episode 1 and I've seen a guy get stabbed in the face and another guy have his eyes dug out with thumbs.

Dec 12, 2007
Those poof noises that happen when All-Might can't keep his transformation sound really cheap. I guess they blew their budget paying Studio Bones to animate the last episode. Money well spent.

Between All-Might's last fight, the shocking event of the newest issue of the manga, and the opening of its first movie in a couple weeks. MHA is really killing it these days. One Piece better watch its ass and start stepping up its game if it wants to stay on top.

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Don't really get the angst toward UA.

How long before All Might and Midoriya's mom hook up?

Dec 12, 2007
Don't really get the angst toward UA.

How long before All Might and Midoriya's mom hook up?
Hasn't happened in the manga yet.

Speaking of hooking up. Yesterdays issue of One Punch Man created a new character that I'm convinced was purely for hentai artists to re-purpose.

Dec 12, 2007
@Falldog @Neon

Watched almost the entire season of Golden Kamuy.

Even though some violence is toned down for TV and it features the worst CGI bear in TV history. Its still an excellent show with great action and humor.

Its based after the Russo-Japan war and features a vet of the war and an Ainu girl. The Ainu are the original people of Japan who are blue eyed descendants of Indians.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
@Falldog @Neon

Watched almost the entire season of Golden Kamuy.

Even though some violence is toned down for TV and it features the worst CGI bear in TV history. Its still an excellent show with great action and humor.

Its based after the Russo-Japan war and features a vet of the war and an Ainu girl. The Ainu are the original people of Japan who are blue eyed descendants of Indians.
I've only watched Hero Academia lately. I have a ton of catching up to do.

Dec 12, 2007
I have a ton of catching up to do.
Here's what I've been watching beside MHA.

Skip Megalo Box. It has promise but it wastes it and bores you going into mid-season.

If you never saw Magus Bride I rate that as one of the best anime shows I've ever seen. Def would put it in my top 10 favorite anime shows.

Golden Kamuy has a lot going for it and it only gets crazier from some of the manga images I've seen. The famous bear fucker picture I've seen posted for years is from Golden Kamuy. I have no idea if it gets worked into season 2 but I hope it does.

Yuru Camp is one of those heart warmers. I would recc that as well.

I need to finish Garo - Vanishing Line but I liked the first 15 or so episodes. Pretty strong show.

I've not watched season 2 of Seven Deadly Sins but I've heard the fights are pretty good.

I watched Sweetness and Lightning. Its a charmer that one. I liked it quite a bit.

Also, Studio Bones nails it again. United States of fucking Smash.

Last edited:

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Here's what I've been watching beside MHA.

Skip Megalo Box. It has promise but it wastes it and bores you going into mid-season.

If you never saw Magus Bride I rate that as one of the best anime shows I've ever seen. Def would put it in my top 10 favorite anime shows.

Golden Kamuy has a lot going for it and it only gets crazier from some of the manga images I've seen. The famous bear fucker picture I've seen posted for years is from Golden Kamuy. I have no idea if it gets worked into season 2 but I hope it does.

Yuru Camp is one of those heart warmers. I would recc that as well.

I need to finish Garo - Vanishing Line but I liked the first 15 or so episodes. Pretty strong show.

I've not watched season 2 of Seven Deadly Sins but I've heard the fights are pretty good.

I watched Sweetness and Lightning. Its a charmer that one. I liked it quite a bit.

Also, Studio Bones nails it again. United States of fucking Smash.
Episode 49 was some of the best shounen shit I've seen in forever. Possibly since the best parts of Hunter x Hunter.

Dec 12, 2007
Episode 49 was some of the best shounen shit I've seen in forever. Possibly since the best parts of Hunter x Hunter.
You have any idea how hard it was to keep quiet about that episode for 2 years?

I kept dropping hints to you guys, "keep an eye out for next weeks episode fellas, should be a good one!". I wanted to start screaming about how awesome that fight is going to be but I cant do that. Just last week something happened in Hero Academia's manga and it takes everything I have to not tell you. What happened made me sad for half a day and I can't tell either of you. It stinks cause I cant find my reddit password to talk to anyone else about it either. I should just get a new one....

Last edited:

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I know everyone hates SAO now but I got a good deal on these from Goodwill...

Dec 12, 2007
I know everyone hates SAO now but I got a good deal on these from Goodwill...

I didn't hate it. I hate MMO video game shows in general because they lack impact or urgency.

There's a manga one called something Monster and its so god dam boring because the main guy can never lose and he has no interesting qualities beyond being powerful. At least Saitama is funny and can display an interesting sense of compassion from time to time.

Speaking of Saitama. Shits going down! Woo! Finally.