Anime Recommendations

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
The shows this season are extremely good.

Dororo has virtually no weak points. I love the end theme/animation. This maybe the most impressive show for me this season because it came out of no where for me and I'm not sure where its going.

Mob Psycho season 2 is stellar. Season 1 fell short in my eyes because I felt they rushed certain scenes and took away their impact. This season doesn't appear to do that at all. The story is well paced and the animation is crisper and sharper, especially with fast paced fight sequences.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (shield hero) is really well executed. The story is a bit trite and will get worse as ultra mega chicken joins the cast in later episodes. Yet, the level of polish helps to lessen the impact of a lackluster tale.

Jojo season 5: Golden Wind. Its Jojo, its been maybe the most consistently clever and creative series since season 2.

Black Clover stunk during the witches forest story line but is getting back to its roots of focusing on the cast being idiots.

I found an app called anime glare that stress lots of anime, I'm trying to get into it, but not much free time and i have a short attention span.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I found an app called anime glare that stress lots of anime, I'm trying to get into it, but not much free time and i have a short attention span.
I can recc some shows that anyone would love. Anime fan or not.

Top of the list would be One Punch Man. Even Bill Burr liked it and he never watched an anime in his life.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
@Neon Saw your twitter. Tell me when you start working your way into the 2018 shows you missed. I'm watching Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken from 2018 since I ran out of current shows episodes.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I can recc some shows that anyone would love. Anime fan or not.

Top of the list would be One Punch Man. Even Bill Burr liked it and he never watched an anime in his life.
And what would some others be?

@Neon Saw your twitter. Tell me when you start working your way into the 2018 shows you missed. I'm watching Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken from 2018 since I ran out of current shows episodes.
I'm watching Goblin Slayer and I wanna watch Seishun Buta Yarou since everyone keeps bugging me to watch it. Haven't watched Slime yet. Anything in particular you wanna recommend?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I'm watching Goblin Slayer and I wanna watch Seishun Buta Yarou since everyone keeps bugging me to watch it. Haven't watched Slime yet. Anything in particular you wanna recommend?
I've heard about Buta Yarou but wasn't sure it would be my cup of tea. Same with Bananafish. Bananafish has a bit of male **** and male sex trafficking. I'm not sure I wanna jump into that when I still have options.

You're already watching my favorite show from the 2019 winter season. Dororo is really something huh?

Mob Psycho season 2 is super impressive. Its almost so good I don't want to have you watch it because then you have to wait week to week like I do.

I've not gotten to it yet, but Yakusoku no Neverland is supposed to be interesting from the current season. I know the manga is popular.

From 2018...oh boy, you missed a lot huh? Well I've talked both these shows up quite a bit in the last year but I suggest you watch one episode each of Golden Kamuy and Ancient Magus Bride. I think that's all it takes for you to get hooked. 5 minutes into Magus Bride and I knew this was a very special show. Golden Kamuy is much the same. I'd love to see your response to those two shows.

I could suggest more but I don't want to overload you.

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I look at all the hundreds of anime series and instead of going in blind, I would like some guidance.
Let's start with One Punch Man. After that tell me if you wanna try something weirder or a bit more conventional.

I don't usually recc love stories but "Your Name" is extremely well done. Unless you want more action that is. I'm trying to think of stuff with little Japanese backstory/tradition.

I've heard about Buta Yarou but wasn't sure it would be my cup of tea. Same with Bananafish. Bananafish has a bit of male **** and male sex trafficking. I'm not sure I wanna jump into that when I still have options.

You're already watching my favorite show from the 2019 winter season. Dororo is really something huh?

Mob Psycho season 2 is super impressive. Its almost so good I don't want to have you watch it because then you have to wait week to week like I do.

I've not gotten to it yet, but Yakusoku no Neverland is supposed to be interesting from the current season. I know the manga is popular.

From 2018...oh boy, you missed a lot huh? Well I've talked both these shows up quite a bit in the last year but I suggest you watch one episode each of Golden Kamuy and Ancient Magus Bride. I think that's all it takes for you to get hooked. 5 minutes into Magus Bride and I knew this was a very special show. Golden Kamuy is much the same. I'd love to see your response to those two shows.

I could suggest more but I don't want to overload you.
Neverland is great. And yeah Dororo is the shit.

I thought Buta Yarou was just a random comedy/romance but people keep comparing it to Haruhi, which I love, so I'll at least check it out.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I thought Buta Yarou was just a random comedy/romance but people keep comparing it to Haruhi, which I love, so I'll at least check it out.
From what I understand, its about a guy who has this imaginary friend that's a bunny girl or something.

You could always try Gridman. I watched some of it but didn't like it. That show seems to be either love it to death or hate it like the plague. Maybe you'll love it. /shrug

Speaking of comedy.

Asobi Asobase and Chio's School Road were so much fun.

From what I understand, its about a guy who has this imaginary friend that's a bunny girl or something.

You could always try Gridman. I watched some of it but didn't like it. That show seems to be either love it to death or hate it like the plague. Maybe you'll love it. /shrug

Speaking of comedy.

Asobi Asobase and Chio's School Road were so much fun.

Did not enjoy Gridman but I guess it got good at the end or something.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
@Neon I forgot to mention Yuru Camp. That was a heart warmer. What the chan folks refer to as "comfy" anime.

Plunkies said he watched that after seeing me mention it and really enjoyed it. When you can get cantankerous pains in the ass like me and Plunkies to like something wholesome its an achievement.

Edit: I forgot seven deadly sins season 2. There's already too much to watch and I'm sure I'm still forgetting stuff.

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Not watching yet. I gotta remember what happened in S1 first lol

Just remember Mob works for Reigan the scam art...um, worlds best psychic.

I wasn't 100% happy with season 1 because they rushed certain parts and skipped entire scenes all together. I understand they had to fit a 13 episode format and things needed to be cut, but it hurt the show overall.

The way this season is fleshing out seems to indicate they don't want to rush anymore. I've seen many people describe episode 5 as "episode of the year" and its only Feb 9th. The animation level is almost at feature film quality in episode 5. The FPS is a little low, but otherwise, nearly film quality.