Anime Recommendations

Goblin Slayer just got a second spin-off series. This is nuts. I've never seen a series with only 30+ issues get this kind of heat.

@Neon there's a new series called Chainsaw Man that I'm positive will be made into an anime in the not so distant future. Unlike the authors last series Firepunch, a really dark but amazing series. This one is funny and nasty, which is a good combo for anime. Keep an eye out if you see any news about it.

Hey @Neon do you know if you have to see the original Boogiepop series to understand the 2019 one? I have a very vague memory of you mentioning this show.

Hey @Neon do you know if you have to see the original Boogiepop series to understand the 2019 one? I have a very vague memory of you mentioning this show.
Definitely not, otherwise no one would know it because who the fuck has watched Boogiepop Phantom at this point? Looks like the new one is less avante garde and mind fucky (shame) but people seem to enjoy it.

This week's episode of Mob is 100%. So much fluid direction.
There's a little bit of stream lining going on with the less important fights but overall it made the show much quicker paced this way. The finale between the boss and mob is gonna be awesome.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
You can see the animation quality jump around, but even when it does get simplistic the motion and angles are still great.

You can see the animation quality jump around, but even when it does get simplistic the motion and angles are still great.
I like the jumpy quality because it does mirror the way ONE draws IMO. It also gives a bit of weight to the more important scenes. Overall, I really like what they've done with the show. They incorporate several art styles to get the job done with as little CGI as possible. I'm very much looking forward to Vinland Saga, but the trailer shows a fair amount of CGI if you're quick to notice it. I hope they do the manga justice. I've enjoyed it for many years.

That was one shit looking PV.
Apparently the director of season one is doing the show Boogiepop now. I just so happen to have asked Neon about that show in like the last week or two, weird.

The animators are doing whatever this show is. I noticed they disabled comments on the video. People were probably complaining why they didn't do OPM season 2.

@Neon @Falldog

New movie this fall and a RE: Zero OVA.

Re:ZERO Anime Returns with Frozen Bonds OVA This Fall, New Visual Debuts

Originally announced back in December, the second Re:ZERO OVA episode now has theatrical release timing. Re: ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Frozen Bonds (Hyouketsu no Kizuna) is set to screen in Japan this fall, and advance tickets and goods will be sold at Kadokawa's AnimeJapan booth at Tokyo Big Sight this weekend.

There will also be a special AnimeJapan stage event on March 23 featuring the voices behind Subaru (Yusuke Kobayashi), Emilia (Rie Takahashi), Puck (Yumi Uchiyama), Rem (Inori Minase), and Ram (Rie Murakawa).

We'll have to see if any other news surfaces during the event, but for now you can check out the chilly new visual below.

@Neon @Falldog

New movie this fall and a RE: Zero OVA.

Re:ZERO Anime Returns with Frozen Bonds OVA This Fall, New Visual Debuts

Originally announced back in December, the second Re:ZERO OVA episode now has theatrical release timing. Re: ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Frozen Bonds (Hyouketsu no Kizuna) is set to screen in Japan this fall, and advance tickets and goods will be sold at Kadokawa's AnimeJapan booth at Tokyo Big Sight this weekend.

There will also be a special AnimeJapan stage event on March 23 featuring the voices behind Subaru (Yusuke Kobayashi), Emilia (Rie Takahashi), Puck (Yumi Uchiyama), Rem (Inori Minase), and Ram (Rie Murakawa).

We'll have to see if any other news surfaces during the event, but for now you can check out the chilly new visual below.

Re:Zero season 2 announced as well.