Anime Recommendations

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Not watching yet. I gotta remember what happened in S1 first lol

Just remember Mob works for Reigan the scam art...um, worlds best psychic.

I wasn't 100% happy with season 1 because they rushed certain parts and skipped entire scenes all together. I understand they had to fit a 13 episode format and things needed to be cut, but it hurt the show overall.

The way this season is fleshing out seems to indicate they don't want to rush anymore. I've seen many people describe episode 5 as "episode of the year" and its only Feb 9th. The animation level is almost at feature film quality in episode 5. The FPS is a little low, but otherwise, nearly film quality.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Watching the hero academia movie.

At first I think, "this is kinda lame", then I get to the finale.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Goblin Slayer just got a second spin-off series. This is nuts. I've never seen a series with only 30+ issues get this kind of heat.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.

@Neon there's a new series called Chainsaw Man that I'm positive will be made into an anime in the not so distant future. Unlike the authors last series Firepunch, a really dark but amazing series. This one is funny and nasty, which is a good combo for anime. Keep an eye out if you see any news about it.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Hey @Neon do you know if you have to see the original Boogiepop series to understand the 2019 one? I have a very vague memory of you mentioning this show.
Definitely not, otherwise no one would know it because who the fuck has watched Boogiepop Phantom at this point? Looks like the new one is less avante garde and mind fucky (shame) but people seem to enjoy it.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
This week's episode of Mob is 100%. So much fluid direction.
There's a little bit of stream lining going on with the less important fights but overall it made the show much quicker paced this way. The finale between the boss and mob is gonna be awesome.