Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Don't know what this is, but it looks cool,

Getting some Blue Exorcist vibes.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Don't know what this is, but it looks cool,

Getting some Blue Exorcist vibes.
This is a very popular manga called Fire Brigade of Flames. I've not read it but many people seem to. I wasn't aware it was getting an anime.

Looks well made animation wise. Very fluid action sequences. The art looks similar to My Hero Academia mixed with the religious crosses and priest battle robes from Blue Exorcist.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
@Neon @Falldog

Only sadness awaits in the "best dad" story arc...

Dr. Stone is getting an anime and it looks great too!

Everyone on earth turns to stone and tech is all disabled. Except a few people wake up and have to rebuild civilization with stone age tech. Its science time!

MTJonny

Donator
This is really the only place I know to ask this. I'm looking for an anime movie I watched a long while ago. My recollection barely qualifies as vague but I remember the main female was a vampire (or monster or something like that) hunter that was put in a classroom to pretend to be one of the students. She was hunting the thing which was disguised as someone in the school, can't remember if it was a student or faculty. Apologies in advance since this probably badly describes 100's of anime's but it's driving me nuts trying to remember it.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
They cut a moderate amount of content from the last 2 or 3 episodes of Mob Psycho this season. If they added an extra episode they could have probably included it.

I read that after the Mogami episode an important Korean animator was forced to do his military service and had to leave the show.

Overall, I thought the season as a whole was pretty darn great. Cut content being the only real issue I had. It took away from the emotional impact of certain scenes and it made certain characters one note.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
ONE changed the manga so Saitama punches sweet lovable Rover. Worst issue ever. One Punch Man sucks. Neon is gonna be pissed about this pro-dog violence.

More animal violence! Save the kitties!

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Season 4 teaser.

Fun fact, minus the fun, the part at the end with the girl was where I assumed season 3 was going to end.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Two episodes into Boogiepop and I'm not sure what the plot of this show is. First episode has the same characters but now its about aliens that eat people.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
One Punch Man season 2 looks a lot worse... even the "King engine" sounds cheap compared to last season.

I could excuse the bad sound quality and lower level of animation if they had their old director. This new guy doesn't capture the emotion of manga. If it wasn't for ONE's humor things would really suck.

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I may have my problems with OPM season 2 but its intro is really good. It stinks we won't get a full screen version till next tuesday.

Falldog

Donator
Outside of issues with OPM S2's animation style, the first episode was poorly directly and inanely boring for an opening ep.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Outside of issues with OPM S2's animation style, the first episode was poorly directly and inanely boring for an opening ep.
The sad thing is the show the director moved to (Boogiepop) isn't nearly as good as OPM.

The problem was there wasn't enough material for a season 2. So everyone had to move on or wait a year till ONE and Yuusuke were able to make enough material for a season 2. By that time the director and animators were doing other shows. The abysmal way that animators are paid doesn't allow a year of just sitting around.

In brighter news, a new chapter of the OPM webcomic came out after 1 and a half years of nothing. I guess Mob Psycho and the short manga Reigan spin-off ending has finally put all the eggs in the OPM basket.

I can only imagine how cool the Garo introduction could've been. But it was just so painfully boring.

The OP is rubbish too.
The entire episode was jump cuts to animation stills. His "Serious Move: Serious Sideways Hops" didn't include showing him destroying Sonic's afterimages. It just showed a single looped image.

Fubuki doesn't look like Fubuki either. She has lost all the personality from her face.

Falldog

Donator
I got another third of the way through ep 2. Holy crap is it bad. I feel like this stupid is great at doing slice of life school girl shit but has no idea how to do dynamic action. Like you said it's a lot of static images shifted around and jump cuts to give the impression that something is going on.

They haven't been able to get across the silliness or fast paced fighting from S1 which set it apart. Now it's just basic action crap.

I got another third of the way through ep 2. Holy crap is it bad. I feel like this stupid is great at doing slice of life school girl shit but has no idea how to do dynamic action. Like you said it's a lot of static images shifted around and jump cuts to give the impression that something is going on.

They haven't been able to get across the silliness or fast paced fighting from S1 which set it apart. Now it's just basic action crap.
The emotion of the scenes is either flat or devoid of any emotional impact. Like they don't even know what ONE or Yuusuke were trying to convey in the comic.

When Saitama busts from the two halves of cement Fubuki trys to crush him with and there's no explosion or impact. I was dumb struck. Not even any music added.

Here's how it looks in the comic for comparison.

Also, I can't get Neon to RT when I post Gunpla or something on my site. But the second I post about OPM sucking I get a like and a RT.
I should visit Neon's twitter. Havn't seen what he's been up to in a few weeks.

Last edited: