Anime Recommendations

Demon Slayer Manga Overtakes Bleach and My Hero Academia in Volume Sales in Same Time Period

With over 20 million copies sold as of Volume 17, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is up there as one of the biggest manga ever, with rumors (and maths) that the series has sold more than One Piece manga volumes have this year. Though, the data for that will be released by Oricon later in November.

To compare with some other popular Shonen Jump series. One-Punch Man celebrated its 20th volume being released this year in Japan. The manga illustrator Yusuke Murata tweeted out an image of the manga cover with a slip-on it that announced the series has had 20 million copies in print as of its 20th volume.

For some more popular series, the chart above showcases the upwards trajectory of the ‘Big 3’ and My Hero Academia – though, in Japan, One Piece has always sold the most, with Naruto and Bleach near the top, but not always depending on the year and other series being released around the same time.

While One Piece sales are literally off the chart, at the release of Volume 17 of their respective series, Naruto had sold 24 million copies in 2003, Bleach at 18 million copies in 2005, and My Hero Academia at 13 million copies in 2018. Demon Slayer, while trailing at the start of sales, shoots up when the anime series ended and has overtaken where Bleach was in 2005 at 20 million copies sold in Japan.

When the anime for Bleach started in 2004, the series had 14 volumes on sale, which totaled 10 million total sales for the series. The anime series continued uninterrupted until it ended in 2012 at 366 episodes. Bleach would cross the 20 million copies sold mark at volume 18.

When Demon Slayer started airing its anime, the series had 15 volumes on sale. The total sales of all the volumes up to that point was 5 million copies. The series reached the 20 million sales mark with volume 17, which went on sale on October 4, 2019. Now, just before the release of volume 18 on December 4, it will be interesting to see if bookstores can keep their heads this time around.

Crunchyroll Editorial's Top 100 Anime of the Decade: 100-26

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-f...editorials-top-100-anime-of-the-decade-100-26

Magus Bride, Asobi Asobase, Black Clover, Eccentric Family, Erased, Golden Kamuy, Katanagatri, Laid Back Camp, Little Witch Academia, Konosuba, Non Non Biyori, One Punch Man, Pop Team Epic, ect.

Its a strong list.

Oh, related to the Demon Slayer story above. I never heard about the volume 17 shortages.

That lady must be raking in the cash now. Well deserved.

Shortage of Demon Slayer Manga Volumes in Japan Has Bookstores Losing Their Heads

@Neon @Falldog
Once again, not a bad list. I've not seen a fair number of these.

Crunchyroll Editorial's Top 100 Anime of the Decade: 25-1

Listed an alphabetical order, not order of quality.

Attack on Titan
Demon Slayer
Devilman Crybaby
Dr. Stone
Fate/Zero
Flowers of Evil
Hunter x Hunter
JoJo's Bizarre adventure
Kill la Kill
Lupin the 3rd: woman called Fujiko
Made in Abyss
Mob Psycho 100
My Hero Academia
Nichijou
Ping Pong the animation
A Place Further than the Universe
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
SHIROBAKO
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
A Silent Voice
Space Dandy
Steins;Gate
your name.
Yuri!!! on ICE

@Neon @Falldog
Once again, not a bad list. I've not seen a fair number of these.

Crunchyroll Editorial's Top 100 Anime of the Decade: 25-1

Listed an alphabetical order, not order of quality.

Attack on Titan
Demon Slayer
Devilman Crybaby
Dr. Stone
Fate/Zero
Flowers of Evil
Hunter x Hunter
JoJo's Bizarre adventure
Kill la Kill
Lupin the 3rd: woman called Fujiko
Made in Abyss
Mob Psycho 100
My Hero Academia
Nichijou
Ping Pong the animation
A Place Further than the Universe
SHIROBAKO
A Silent Voice
Space Dandy
Steins;Gate
your name.
Yuri!!! on ICE
Missing Katanagatari, Bakemonogatari, and Shiki at the very least. I'd put RahXephon in there but that's just a personal fav of mine. Baccano?

Missing Katanagatari, Bakemonogatari, and Shiki at the very least. I'd put RahXephon in there but that's just a personal fav of mine. Baccano?
Katanagatrari is on the full list.

Baccano is 2008, so it just misses the list by 1 year, and RahXephon was 2002.

A Place Further Than the Universe
A Silent Voice
Aggretsuko
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
Asobi Asobase - workshop of fun -
Attack on Titan
Barakamon
Black Clover
Bungo Stray Dogs
Chihayafuru
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
DEVILMAN crybaby
Dororo
Dr. STONE
Dragon Ball Super
Durarara!!
ERASED
Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Fate/Zero
FLIP FLAPPERS
Flowers of Evil
Flying Witch
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
Gatchaman Crowds
Golden Kamuy
Haikyu!!
Humanity Has Declined
Hunter x Hunter
Hyouka
In This Corner of the World
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
K-ON!!
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Katanagatari
Kids on the Slope
Kill la Kill
Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- the Animated Series
KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!
Kyousougiga
Laid-Back Camp
Land of the Lustrous
Little Witch Academia
Liz and the Blue Bird
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Lupin the 3rd: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Made in Abyss
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
March Comes in Like a Lion
MEGALOBOX
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Mob Psycho 100
Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin
Mr. Osomatsu
My Hero Academia
New Game!
Nichijou
Non Non Biyori
One-Punch Man
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Parasyte -the maxim-
PING PONG THE ANIMATION
Planet With
Pop Team Epic
Princess Jellyfish
Promare
PSYCHO-PASS
Samurai Flamenco
Sarazanmai
SHIROBAKO
Silver Spoon
Sound! Euphonium
Space Brothers
Space Dandy
Space Patrol Luluco
SSSS.Gridman
Steins;Gate
Sword Art Online
Symphogear
Tamako -love story-
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
The Ancient Magus' Bride
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Eccentric Family
The Night Is Short, Walk on Girl
THE PROMISED NEVERLAND
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
The Tatami Galaxy
The Wind Rises
Tiger & Bunny
Violet Evergarden
Wolf Children
your name.
Yuri!!! On ICE
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA

@Neon we're getting old. I had like 4 or 5 shows I thought should be mentioned and they came out like 15 years ago. Time is a bitch.
Katanagatari sneaks in under the wire as a January 2010 show. Turns out Bake was late 2009 but continued into June of 2010 so doesn't exactly count. Don't forget we also watched a bunch of shows after the fact so you might have watched a show from 2006 in 2016 and so it feels newer to you.

I just finished season 1 of One Punch Man on Netflix so I'm basically an expert now.

*flexes*
Now stop, don't watch season 2. For the love of god don't do it.

They lost the director and the animation studios. Its an ungodly mess.

By top they mean popular I presume.
I think they should have done "Top 50 shows of the last Decade". 100 good shows in a 10 year span is asking a bit much.

After @Falldog tipped me off to it a while back. I watched 6 episodes of No Guns Life.

It has a lot of anime tropes going on, a few annoying ones like bullshit about "feelings" or whatever. Still, its pretty good. Not fantastic, but fun enough.

Also, he has a gun for a head, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned. Going to keep watching to see where it goes.

Watched the Mob Psycho special episode. Its the same length of a standard episode and takes place right after the end of season 2. Reigan once again is the star of the show. Its a fun 20+ minutes if you also watched all the other episodes.