Annoying internet problems.

sherwood

Jul 16, 2002
ny
Maybe someone can help me fix them. Its not a big deal just gets really annoying after a while. Everything was fine but for the last 2 days I have been getting those Security Alerts the certificate expiring. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it but I have done the install certificate thing and it still comes up on my email and other random sites. Its not that big of a deal to click "yes" to get rid of it but sometimes I gotta click it like 5 times for it to go away plus lately ive been swearing at my computer when it comes up.

Another problem I am having is with website updates, when I go to a site I have to click reload to get the updates on the site. For example on message boards it will say "new post by (insert name here)" but when I click on it to go to the thread I have to click reload to see the newest post.

This just started happening the other day, I have ran virus checks, spyware programs and its all showing that I dont have anything harmful on my PC. Does anyone know how I can make it better? System restore didn't do it either.

I don't know for certain that this will fix your problem(s), but yes, get firefox. I made the switch a couple of years ago and only use IE for the one or two websites that only work with IE (both job-related), and it really does improve your surfing experience.

sherwood

Jul 16, 2002
ny
I did get firefox and I while I didn't check about the refresh problem (which is only certain sites) I was still getting the security certificate thing with my email. I never had this problem before it just started for no reason the other day, I got all my computer updates and according to my virus protection I am clean.

hmm..i guess ill just have to wait and see if it goes away then...

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
firefox is good although i prefer Opera

both are free both are good and neither of them are memory hogs.

as far as the certificates thing is concerned i have no Fn' clue.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Excuse me sir, do you have the time?

By that I mean is date and time correct on your computer? That might explain why everything is "expired."

It's obviously not a browser issue since it happens on both. If the date and time were off, reset it and connect to Windows Update to reinstall Root Certificates.

If not, go to https://www.verisign.com/support/site/update.html and update them manually as they may have become corrupt.

Also, download AVG Free AntiVirus and
Spyware Doctor
and get a free scan. All AV programs and Spyware apps can't get EVERYTHING.

sherwood

Jul 16, 2002
ny
Excuse me sir, do you have the time?

By that I mean is date and time correct on your computer? That might explain why everything is "expired."

ummm wow I feel like an ass. Well I have 2 out of 3 right, the time and date are right, but the year wasnt.. Thank you sir, you helped me by pointing out that I am a dummy :action-sm

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
good call oandapartycock

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Nice!

I had a similar problem in a network environment where all the clients clocks were synchronized with the server... Some jackass was working on the server and reset the clock to the BIOS default.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
I don't know for certain that this will fix your problem(s), but yes, get firefox. I made the switch a couple of years ago and only use IE for the one or two websites that only work with IE (both job-related), and it really does improve your surfing experience.
The the IE tab extention. You won't ever need IE again.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
ummm wow I feel like an ass. Well I have 2 out of 3 right, the time and date are right, but the year wasnt.. Thank you sir, you helped me by pointing out that I am a dummy :action-sm
You're not a dummy. You just got advice from a guy that has had similar issues in the past. :icon_redf

This guy's a dummy: