Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Every couple of days I get a call from a # and it repeats the call over
two numbers. They are both 610-586-**** and 1 number up. ( last numbers
are left off because we don't allow personal info ). There's never anyone
on the line when I answer so I stopped picking it up but the calls still continue
to come in. It's obviously an autodialer but a reverse lookup is an unlisted
Verizon # and when I called them they said there was nothing they could do.
Any suggestions on who I can contact to stop this shit?

I had a #,modem I think,calling my house 50-60 times a day.Sorry,only solution from the phone company was to change my number.

Hardline or cell?

If you use your cell as your home phone, there is software like Callfilter, that will not allow the phone to ring on preset incoming #'s.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
http://donotcall.gov

Register every number you have including cell phones and if they continue to call it's a $10,000 fine per call.

Beeman99

with telus landline you can block 10 numbers

blazin

did you try calling these numbers back?

6DollarDrunk

Put baby in container with snake
Check to see how many times a day constitutes harassment. then see if you can get a subpoena for the owner of the numbers and get a court order.

tstlkevanilla

Ministress of Masturbation
Hardline or cell?

If you use your cell as your home phone, there is software like Callfilter, that will not allow the phone to ring on preset incoming #'s.
There's a much easier way to block numbers on your cell phone that doesn't require software. Most cell phones nowadays come equipped with that feature. It's quite handy let me tell ya. :)

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
The phone company will not act unless there's a police action involved. Either restraining order or harassment. Check the local laws on what constitutes harassment. Verizon, like any major telco, has an annoyance department. They just aren't the first line in getting a number blocked.

FWIW... NPA-NXX shows it to be a Verizon line registered in Glenolden, Pennsylvania though it could always be ported to another vendor.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
If you're on the "do not call" list start reporting the numbers. It takes a matter of seconds & you can do it on line. It's the only way I got a Nissan dealership to stop calling me about servicing my car. (I don't own a nissan & have never stepped foot in their dealership.)

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I am on the do not call list. We no longer have a land line so I registered all
of the cell phones in my house as soon as it was made possible.
My cell phone won't block individual #s so that's out.
Guess I'll report them to that site and see what happens. Thanx.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
I had some hispanics calling my phone repeatedly. It was during O&A, so I'd put the phone next to the speaker. The calls stopped. Not sure if they subscribed to XM or got tired of it. :)

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I found out who it is. It's an auto-dialer from a new WAWA market in
the area. Gotta thank my kid who has a few connections in the county
for finding out for me. I'll call them and get it straightened out.
Thanks for the replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.