Another BS ad from obama

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Here's the ad...
Here's the truth...
page 251 of Mitt Romney’s book, No Apology:
During my campaign for governor, I decided to spend a day every few weeks doing the jobs of other people in Massachusetts. Among other jobs, I cooked sausages at Fenway Park, worked on asphalt paving crew, stacked bales of hay on a farm, volunteered in an emergency room, served food at a nursing home, and worked as a child-care assistant. I’m often asked which was the hardest job – it’s child care, by a mile.
One day I gathered trash as a garbage collector. I stood on that little platform at the back of the truck, holding on as the driver navigated his way through the narrow streets of Boston. As we pulled up to traffic lights, I noticed that the shoppers and businesspeople who were standing only a few feet from me didn’t even see me. It was as if I was invisible. Perhaps it was because a lot of us don’t think garbage men are worthy of notice; I disagree – anyone who works that hard deserves our respect. – I wasn’t a particularly good garbage collector: at one point, after filling the trough at the back of the truck, I pulled the wrong hydraulic lever. Instead of pushing the load into the truck, I dumped it onto the street. Maybe the suits didn’t notice me, but the guys at the construction site sure did: “Nice job, Mitt,” they called. “Why don’t you find an easier job?” And then they good-naturedly came down and helped me pick up my mess.​

So, if you don't hug your garbage man, you're an asshole?​

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Typical in any campaign. Romney played 'Undercover Boss'. So what. Agree with that bootleg tape or not, it was way too broad & easy to use in a negative ad.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
Instead of pushing the load into the truck, I dumped it onto the street. Maybe the suits didn’t notice me, but the guys at the construction site sure did: “Nice job, Mitt,” they called. “Why don’t you find an easier job?” And then they good-naturedly came down and helped me pick up my mess.
I haven't operated a trash truck, but I've been to a landfill and seen the process. Doesn't appear as if one lever right next to the compactor controls will dump the load instantly. It's a multi-step slow process that can be stopped if need be.
Hard to envision a couple of happy schwoogs picking up a cube of compacted trash and reloading the truck by hand, too.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
That'll teach Romney for trying to identify with the common man. Meanwhile Obama is raising taxes on his garbage man. And everyone else.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
It's not a BS ad from Obama. It's a BS ad from a trash picker's union.
This.

And it's still B.S...and very funny actually how Mitt Romney should give a shit about his garbageman. I'm surprised Mother Jones or Think Progress hasn't asked him to claim that he once found a dead baby in his trash can. Buuuuuut, I'm sure that's coming.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
If we weren't a nation of fat cowards we would be well on way to another civil war.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
If we weren't a nation of fat cowards we would be well on way to another civil war.
Very true.

With only a three day supply of food on the store shelves it would get very interesting if the trucks couldn't roll for a while.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Someone doesn't know how campaign ads are regulated.

And don't be hating on unions being able to put out their own campaign ads. They're "people" too, you know. :cool:
I don't care about how they're regulated, its about the moral and ethical aspects. If your arguing with a girl, and your buddy calls her a fat cunt, you stand there and nod, are you completely innocent? By not saying something against it, you're giving your tacit approval.
And I'm a union member.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I don't care about how they're regulated, its about the moral and ethical aspects. If your arguing with a girl, and your buddy calls her a fat cunt, you stand there and nod, are you completely innocent? By not saying something against it, you're giving your tacit approval.
And I'm a union member.
Lol. You really think this was on his radar with the debate coming up? I know it hit the conservative radar and that's how you found out about it, otherwise no one would have known it existed.

You can thank the powers that be for saying that corporations and unions can put out these ads to their heart's content now without getting approval from a campaign. Get used to it.

Remember during the Republican primaries how Romney's opponents bitched about the ads "he had no control over?"
http://politicker.com/2012/01/mitt-romney-and-newt-gingrich-spar-over-attack-ads-video/