Another FUCK YOU BEST BUY!

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
I bought a Garvin 350... the salesdude said it had the FM modulator to broadcast over my speakers... It didnt.

So i brought it back and got the 700 wich did. ok, no prob.

but! the fucking thing works like shit... I think my erea just has to many radio waves,,, you honestly cant find a completly empty channel on the radios here.

So, fuck! why pay 200 more for a feature that works like dog shit.

So i go back and tell em the feature stinks and i just want the 350 back....

they want an 85.00 restocking fee.

because the product they sold me doesnt perform to its sales pitch, I,m suppose to pay 85.00?

FU BEST BUY..Happy Holidays you fuckin scumbags.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I told you.... Buy the TomTom One XL-S online. It's now $229 after $100 rebate. :)

Best Buy and these other retail stores just don't get it. Even though they have websites and online shopping, they still are douchebag retail stores with their shitty policies and attitudes.

Glenn Dandy

there all smiles when i brought the 350 in and wanted a more expensive one.. no restocking fee then.

but downgrade? sory sir... gotcher money already n we aims to keep it.... bad business.... and ya know what? We are the suckers that created the Home Depots, the Walmarts, the best buys... now the lesson is given fuck you consummer where else you gona go.

the fucked up thing Sinn is i hate buying online cause if i do have an issue you have to deal with god knows who... i have customers buy tubs n shit online ... its not right and unless they want to pay 300 bucks shipping their fucked... so Im so angry that even a local chain will not even have some personal customer service that isnt just Ahh fuck you ... cant help ya.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
I bought a Garvin 350...
That's the first problem, Garvins are pieces of shit....Garmin, on the other hand works pretty well. Just don't let the guy sell you a Sorny or BVD television.

Just kidding, fuck 'em in the lips. They can shit in their hats at Best Buy! Know nothing sales guys pushing extended warranties for thier shit....

my first impression of a Best Buy 'tech bench' was a messy clusterfuck. They've gotten better, but I still don't trust em.

Never buy service.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
I have a "fuck you Comp USA" story that is worthy of its own thread.

It involves me paying for a speaker system, and an hour later opening a box filled with old electronics (from the 80's) and a pair of shoes that had been wrapped in the speaker plastic and cartons in the box (seriously). and them not giving me my money back.

at least i can take solace in that that specific store location (brick, nj) is out of business now.

TravisRB69

I got a Garmin for my old man this Christmas... shit... hope I can find my receipt just in case.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
I have a "fuck you Comp USA" story that is worthy of its own thread.

It involves me paying for a speaker system, and an hour later opening a box filled with old electronics (from the 80's) and a pair of shoes that had been wrapped in the speaker plastic and cartons in the box (seriously). and them not giving me my money back.

at least i can take solace in that that specific store location (brick, nj) is out of business now.
That fucking store sold me a compaq laptop at a special liquidation price when they were going out, and one week later Circuit City down the street sold the same laptop for $150 less. Think those fucktards would give me a price match? Fuck Comp in it's out of business ass.

Max Johnson

I'll occasionally go shop in a regular store after doing my research online and it's clear immediately that I know more about the shit than they do once I've read up on it. Put it this way...I can walk in off the street and fill out an application and be the guy selling you navigators at Best Buy and I don't know a goddamn thing about them. What makes these people qualified? Absolutely nothing. You can buy in the store but at least do your research online.

In researching FM transmitters for my MP3 player, I have found that the whole fm transmitting technology seems to be for shit no matter who is making it.

You should have said that it didn't work and returned it for a new one. The next day return the new, sealed, unit and get all your money back.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
the fucked up thing Sinn is i hate buying online cause if i do have an issue you have to deal with god knows who... i have customers buy tubs n shit online ... its not right and unless they want to pay 300 bucks shipping their fucked... so Im so angry that even a local chain will not even have some personal customer service that isnt just Ahh fuck you ... cant help ya.
That part makes you sound like a crotchety old man. Get with the times and buy stuff like this online. Use pricegrabber.com and buy from a place that has good reviews.

I've never EVER gotten burned buying anything online in the 10 years that I've been doing so.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Put all that kind of shit on a credit card. They don't fuck around with you then because they know you can just call up the CC company and they get charged back for it.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Put all that kind of shit on a credit card. They don't fuck around with you then because they know you can just call up the CC company and they get charged back for it.
Sinn Fein said:
That part makes you sound like a crotchety old man. Get with the times and buy stuff like this online. Use pricegrabber.com and buy from a place that has good reviews.

I've never EVER gotten burned buying anything online in the 10 years that I've been doing so
Both QFT - except the part about Glenn sounding like a crotchety old man .... I'd never insult Mr. President that way :action-sm

In researching FM transmitters for my MP3 player, I have found that the whole fm transmitting technology seems to be for shit no matter who is making it.
I had a great fm transmiter that i had before ipods ruined them. It plugged into my portable cd player, it had 4 ranges and then a frequency adjustment knob, it was powered by the lighter and kicked ass...I lost it somewhere when i moved in '03 and have been looking for it since. I think the units no longer transmit in practial range...I think the FCC has nerfed them...and who wants to have to put a battery in one?

Glenn Dandy

Both QFT - except the part about Glenn sounding like a crotchety old man .... I'd never insult Mr. President that way :action-sm
no its true im becoming a crotchity old man.

i like the return for new one then dont open the box idea... thanks.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
When you buy electronics, if it's not broke don't take it back. Just sell it on ebay. Shitheads on ebay will usually pay more for electronics then it costs to buy it in a store. This mainly applies to MP3 players.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
That's a good point. It amazes me as I watch stuff sell on eBay for above retail prices...

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
That's a good point. It amazes me as I watch stuff sell on eBay for above retail prices...
That's b/c the idiots buying have absolutely no clue what the retail price is. I always search Google Products or Pricegrabber.com before making any purchase online, store, whatever...

My wife taught me one thing....why pay more? I used to just walk in one store and buy the item I wanted. Now I search anywhere imaginable and get it for the lowest price.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
That's b/c the idiots buying have absolutely no clue what the retail price is. I always search Google Products or Pricegrabber.com before making any purchase online, store, whatever...

My wife taught me one thing....why pay more? I used to just walk in one store and buy the item I wanted. Now I search anywhere imaginable and get it for the lowest price.
So, your wife turned you into a jew?:icon_conf

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
those rat bastards wanting to actually make money as a business andnot be a library where you can just check shit out like a book, use it, and then bring itbacktotry something else. who the fuck do they think they are anyway?

Monstercloud

those rat bastards wanting to actually make money as a business andnot be a library where you can just check shit out like a book, use it, and then bring itbacktotry something else. who the fuck do they think they are anyway?
How old are you? Are you going to bitch at people now how they should do their research first before purchasing? Measure twice cut once? Any other shitty sarcastic parts of wisdom you wish to besmirch on us?

Amazingly, things aren't as "AMAZING!" and "Excellent quality" shitbag companies advertise their shit as, and the only real way to test it out is to A) search various websites to see how it performs, or B) Test it out yourself when in doubt.

Now, the OP's problem sounds like it didn't have to do with as much of the quality of the product, but the method... there is no amount of websites to tell you how it's going to work until you actual buy it and see what is available. The "restocking fee" is horseshit.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
So... how well-paid is a Geek Squad employee? :action-sm

I told you.... Buy the TomTom One XL-S online. It's now $229 after $100 rebate. :)

Best Buy and these other retail stores just don't get it. Even though they have websites and online shopping, they still are douchebag retail stores with their shitty policies and attitudes.
That's the one I got for my wife. Got great reviews and it seems easy to work. Got it from Newegg.

Glenn Dandy

If you sell me a fucking fish,,, it should fucking swim. I f it dont swim its not a fucking fish.....i paid for a fucking fish motherfucker.

UPDATE:

Well, i took as usual the bags good advice and outsnaked the snakes.

returned the opened 700 saying it wasnt working right... it actually wsnt,,, was saying i was 20 miles from my actual location..besides the fact the FM modulation being a worthless 200 dollar upgrade.... but anyways got a new one... went to the next best buy down the road and returned the unopened one and got the 350 again and the 200 bucks difference in cash.

once again the great minds of sneaky levels come through ... love wackbag.

Im just so not devious i never think of this shit... I think thats why i get so fucking angry when i get fucked around by stores or people.

My message to the world is clear dont try to fuck me and I wont lose my temper and kill your whole family. Is that really so hard to compute to the scum of the world?

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Should have gotten $305 back instead of $200 and went with the TomTom. :)

Top Bottom