Another homeowner kills 2 burglars with a shotgun, this is too easy in Texas!

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
I know some of you might be getting a little jealous of us here in Texas, as I have posted a couple of other stories about this kind of thing.

This guy killed 2 burglars that were coming out of his neighbor's house.

Like a good neighbor....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5301872.html

Pasadena man fatally shoots suspected burglars

A Pasadena homeowner this afternoon fatally shot two men he believed were burglarizing his neighbor's house, police said.

About 2 p.m., the homeowner in the Village Grove East subdivision heard noises he thought sounded like broken glass, said Capt. A.H. "Bud" Corbett, with the Pasadena Police Department. The man determined the noise was coming from next door.

The man, who police have not identified, knew the owner of the house in the 7400 block of Timberline Drive was not home, and that the noise could possibly be a burglary, Corbett said. The man then called police to inform them he thought his neighbor's house was being burglarized.

The man then saw two men coming through a gate in the backyard of the neighbor's house.

"He confronted them with a shotgun," Corbett said, and asked them to stop. They did not and he fired two shots, striking each man once, Corbett said.

One man was found dead about two houses from where the reported burglary occurred. The other was found dead across the street, Corbett said.

Police are interviewing the homeowner.

A window in the back of the neighbor's house was broken, Corbett said.

Lacey Hernandez, who lives across the street from the shooting, was home this afternoon when she heard two loud pops, but didn't know what the noise was. About that time, she was on her way to pick up her children from school. As she was leaving, she saw the yellow crime scene tape.

"I was in shock because I never heard a gunshot before," Hernandez said.

She described the neighborhood as very quiet. Two-story homes with trees in the front yard dot the street.

"We leave our garage door open," she said."We let the kids run the streets just like nothing.

"Now they will not be playing in the streets."

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
It's not a drunken drivers running up and down the street lady. If anything it means just lock your door now.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
please let this be true(that they were burgalers) and then i dont want to see one damn person find him guilty. if i was his neighbor that was getting robbed i would shake his hand and buy him a drink

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
please let this be true(that they were burgalers) and then i dont want to see one damn person find him guilty. if i was his neighbor that was getting robbed i would shake his hand and buy him a drink
id buy him a new gun

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
We let the kids run the streets just like nothing.

Good, they shouldn't be in the streets playing anyway. That's fucking dangerous.

That bitch should be thanking the man who was a responsible neighbor for both securing the housing development AND making her realize that her kids shouldn't be in the streets so they don't get hit by cars.

Bravo sir, bravo. The shotgun is the perfect weapon. It's my favorite. It's the most flexible and deadly of any close/medium range weapons.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I mean, good for him for protecting his neighbor's house and all, but don't you think the fact that this guy or his neighbor was in no imminent danger himself will get him indicted at the very least?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Probably not. It's Texas.

Heck, in my county here in PA there was a case where a guy unloaded with a 12-gauge on a burglar breaking into his shed. The DA declined to file charges. This was about 5 years ago. That DA is now a judge.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Probably not. It's Texas.

Heck, in my county here in PA there was a case where a guy unloaded with a 12-gauge on a burglar breaking into his shed. The DA declined to file charges. This was about 5 years ago. That DA is now a judge.
and he shouldnt! fuck these assholes who dont want to do something legal. they deserve what they get. i dont think you have to be in imminent danger to send a message to these morons. these criminals should know that when they try something like this, they might get shot. hopefully it makes them think twice about it

you buy the shotgun and i will provide the bullets

Myhairygrundle

Jul 16, 2005
Texas
News here is reporting that the 2 dead burglars were not US citizens. I will find the right story and post it...

The news has been trying to find a neighbor to "condem" this event, but they all are saying great things about this guy, so the news is going to make the story go away.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I mean, good for him for protecting his neighbor's house and all, but don't you think the fact that this guy or his neighbor was in no imminent danger himself will get him indicted at the very least?
Texas is known for it's very lenient property laws and guns laws. People have been shot and killed there simply for trepassing without the landowner being prosecuted. So, I doubt this fella will being tried over a theft case, especially about illegal aliens.

I even remember seeing a Cops episode down in Texas one time where a black guy was holding a tow truck operator at gun point because he was trying to take the fella's truck. When the cop showed up he just told the tow truck guy to unhook the black guy's truck and they were both sent on their way.

That's the way it should be :) I don't like tow truck shit either. I think of it as legalized theft and extortion. Someone takes your vehicle to their property and tells you that you can't have it back until you pay them for them stealing it. It's bullshit.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Texas is known for it's very lenient property laws and guns laws. People have been shot and killed there simply for trepassing without the landowner being prosecuted. So, I doubt this fella will being tried over a theft case, especially about illegal aliens.

I even remembering seeing a Cops episode down in Texas one time where a black guy was holding a tow truck operator at gun point because he was trying to take the fella's truck. When the cop showed up he just told the tow truck guy to unhook the black guy's truck and they were both sent on their way.

That's the way it should be :) I don't like tow truck shit either. I think of it as legalized theft and extortion. Someone takes your vehicle to their property and tells you that you can't have it back until you pay them for them stealing it. It's bullshit.
I agree 100%. I guess I've just seen/heard too many stories where people get into trouble for not really doing anything wrong. I really hope this guy doesn't get prosecuted, and even more so if they really were illegals that he shot.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002

I even remember seeing a Cops episode down in Texas one time where a black guy was holding a tow truck operator at gun point because he was trying to take the fella's truck. When the cop showed up he just told the tow truck guy to unhook the black guy's truck and they were both sent on their way.

hay now......;)

Myhairygrundle

Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Update...this shit is getting out of hand. All the nigs want him charged with murder. Turns out that the 2 dead folks were part of an ID theft ring using SSN's for illegals.

The new black panther party has protested that the white homeowner was racist because the 2 criminals were dark...no shit.

Now someone called the DA's office and threatened to kill the guy who shot the criminals.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14813727/detail.html

PASADENA, Texas -- An anonymous death threat was made against the Harris County District Attorney's Office and police said it was connected to a case of a homeowner accused of killing two burglary suspects at his neighbor's house, KPRC Local 2 reported Monday.

Officials said the caller threatened to kill Joe Horn, the homeowner, if the district attorney does not charge him with a crime.

Pasadena police said Joe Horn shot Hernando Torres and Diego Ortiz as they ran away from a home they broke into in the 7400 block of Timberline in the Village Grove East subdivision on Nov. 14.

The caller left a voice mail at the district attorney's public integrity division. The recording lasted for several minutes. The caller did not leave his name.

"What you better do -- you better indict Joe Horn and you better find him guilty," the caller said. "If you don't, somebody's going to kill him. They're waiting on him in prison and we're waiting on him on the outside. Let me tell you something -- we're going to kill that (expletive). Bye."

Pasadena Capt. Bud Corbett said the caller left the threatening voice mail on Monday.

The district attorney's office has not yet received Horn's case from Pasadena police to determine if charges will be filed. Police are still reviewing the case.

"Obviously, there's a rather dramatic public debate on it and it is a rather monumental case, and it's always important to do a quality control review. But, it's probably more the pressing issue in a case of this magnitude," Corbett said.

A supporter of Horn's has created the site, joehornformyneighbor.com. The site urges people to leave supportive comments if they believe Horn was justified in shooting the men.

An autopsy revealed that the men were shot in the back. Investigators said a plainclothes officer witnessed the shootings and saw the two men crossing Horn's yard. One ran away while the other angled toward Horn and then ran away, the officer said.

Torres and Ortiz were in the United States illegally, detectives said.

Horn told police he shot the men in self-defense.

Police are expected to turn over evidence from their investigation to the district attorney's office in about a week. A grand jury will decide if Horn will face any criminal charges.

Community activist Quanell X and Torres' fiancée have said they want Horn to face murder charges.

Horn's attorney said his client, who is retired, does not have money needed to support his defense if he is charged. There is a link on joehornformyneighbor.com for supporters to donate money if it is needed.

Horn's attorney took the case free of charge.

Horn has not been living at his Pasadena home because of all the controversy surrounding the case.

Previous Stories:

Clint

Jan 26, 2005
Lubbock, TEXAS
We have the right to defend our neighbors property. I love this state.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i would go on TV and tell those fuckers to bring it on. any one that calls and makes threats is a fucking pussy. they should give that guy a fucking award.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Let me preface this by saying, that if your life is in danger, you should have every right to defend yourself, by using any means necessary. That being said, this piece of shit, should not be celebrated as hero. I heard the 911 call he made, and the dispacther even told him not to go outside. His agorrance on the tape, makes me think that he has always had a sick fantasy to kill a human being. From what I understand, the law he thought that would apply to him, doesn't cover other people's property. Well asshole you got your wish and you will probably get off, because from what I have heard, there are other laws that will protect him. Also would like to add that the people who are making death threats, are scumbags also.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Let me preface this by saying, that if your life is in danger, you should have every right to defend yourself, by using any means necessary. That being said, this piece of shit, should not be celebrated as hero. I heard the 911 call he made, and the dispacther even told him not to go outside. His agorrance on the tape, makes me think that he has always had a sick fantasy to kill a human being. From what I understand, the law he thought that would apply to him, doesn't cover other people's property. Well asshole you got your wish and you will probably get off, because from what I have heard, there are other laws that will protect him. Also would like to add that the people who are making death threats, are scumbags also.
Fuck the illegals that broke into the neighbor's home and were stealing their shit. They got what they deserved, lead.

Society makes too many fucking excuses now for people doing bad shit and just because you're poor doesn't excuse shit.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Fuck the illegals that broke into the neighbor's home and were stealing their shit. They got what they deserved, lead.

Society makes too many fucking excuses now for people doing bad shit and just because you're poor doesn't excuse shit.
I'm not making excuses for the behavior of people that commit crimes, but once you called the cops put in their hands to arrest the crooks.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
In Texas it is legal to shoot someone stealing your property. It dates back to horse thieves and other types of scum that deserve a good killing.

The caller making threats is no better then a lynch mob demanding the outcome with mob justice. You'd think the Black Panthers would be more understanding, but sadly all they see is US vs. whitey. If the DA doesn't go forward, just deal with it and stop defending the actions of criminals.

Put yourself in the shoes of the neighbor. Having a "good" neighbor's is far better then waiting on a patrol car to show ten minutes later to make a report.

We all suffer when criminals have nothing to fear.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
In Texas it is legal to shoot someone stealing your property. It dates back to horse thieves and other types of scum that deserve a good killing.

The caller making threats is no better then a lynch mob demanding the outcome with mob justice. You'd think the Black Panthers would be more understanding, but sadly all they see is US vs. whitey. If the DA doesn't go forward, just deal with it and stop defending the actions of criminals.

Put yourself in the shoes of the neighbor. Having a "good" neighbor's is far better then waiting on a patrol car to show ten minutes later to make a report.

We all suffer when criminals have nothing to fear.
It was a white neighborhood, the cops would have been there in less than 5 minutes.:action-sm

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
God Bless Texas....Love the updated gun law as well.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
It was a white neighborhood, the cops would have been there in less than 5 minutes.:action-sm
While that may or may not be true, it still doesn't justify the actions of the criminals. If blacks and Mexican/Latin community would get a backbone and start whooping ass at home they wouldn't have these problems, IMO.

And for the record, I've been to hundreds of "minority" homes, so it isn't some ivory tower comment. Also, lived in a lower income area for a few years to see the bullshit first hand.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
While that may or may not be true, it still doesn't justify the actions of the criminals. If blacks and Mexican/Latin community would get a backbone and start whooping ass at home they wouldn't have these problems, IMO.

And for the record, I've been to hundreds of "minority" homes, so it isn't some ivory tower comment. Also, lived in a lower income area for a few years to see the bullshit first hand.
I'll be the first one to say, we should be handling our own business a little better,but something about this story just doesn't sit well with me. As for the white neighborhood comment, I was just doing a little joke.