Another remake? No way!... ( The Birds )

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Actress Naomi Watts is to star in a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's classic 1963 thriller "The Birds", entertainment industry press reported on Friday.

Watts, who was born in Britain but moved to Australia as a teenager, is the first star to sign up for the film about birds terrorizing a sleepy Californian coastal town, Daily Variety reported.

Hitchcock's original starred Tippi Hedren in the lead role and was based on a short story by the novelist Daphne du Maurier.

Watts, an Oscar nominee in 2004 for her performance in "21 Grams" before taking a star role in Peter Jackson's "King Kong," was most recently seen in David Cronenberg's acclaimed crime thriller "Eastern Promises."
[media]http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071019/ennew_afp/entertainmentfilmusaustraliawatts_071019183807[/media]

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
You don't remake Hitchcock! No matter how hot Naomi Watts is. God, I'd dive headfirst into that Aussie Twat right after she gave birth to Liev Schreiber's offspring.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

This didn't knock your socks off?
I don't think we'll ever know what Gus Van Sant was thinking. But whatever it was lead him to Elephant and Last Days. But still, Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates might be one of the worst casting decisions ever.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
A friend of mine swears you can see Anne Heche's asshole in the shower scene. I still will never watch a frame of that POS again.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
This is a fucking travesty. It should be a trick question for directors. If you answer yes and agree to remake Hitchcock you should have your Director's card taken permenantly.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Can somebody please tell Hollyweird to start coming up with original ideas?

I hope birds attack each & every one of the writers and producers attached to this stupid idea

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
Can somebody please tell Hollyweird to start coming up with original ideas?
Holy crap. You should be hosting one of those awful Rush Limbaugh wannabe shows.

Hollyweird? Yikes.

Ma said:
I hope birds attack each & every one of the writers and producers attached to this stupid idea
Shut up Canadian Goose Crap! [/marion] (linger llllonger)

Yeah. I'm sure that'll show 'em.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
It's worse than this. The producers have decided that a shortcoming of Hitchcock's film was the unexplained nature of the bird's aggression, so they will fix this by introducing a trendy "green" element into their remake.

Nevermind that the enigma of the bird's behavior was precisely the point of the movie. This reminds me of when hack director Peter Hyams made 2010 - he stink-talked Kubrick's 2001 for being too enigmatic and made sure his film had plenty of blabbermouthed exposition so the rubes could follow along

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I can't wait for the Generic Loud Suspense Score as the birds attack the house. After all, simply having everything drowned out by deafening bird sounds isn't scarier.*

* This comes from my hatred of The Wicker Man remake where in the original they let the psalm contrast with the tenseness of the situation whereas in the remake you had the Generic Loud Suspense Score.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
A friend of mine swears you can see Anne Heche's asshole in the shower scene. I still will never watch a frame of that POS again.
That'd be hot, if Anne Heche didn't look like a 12 year old pre-pubescent boy in that movie.

letterizer

Talking Da sports
Feb 21, 2006
this is why i dont go see movies any more

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
Can't wait for Will Smith to sign on to this movie and he can make the soundtrack too.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
Fucking die already.

Honestly, of all of Hitchcock's movies 'The Birds' is down towards the bottom of my list.

Even so, this is absolutely unbelievable if true. What a bunch of unoriginal, dimwitted cocksuckers. I will never watch another movie again from whoever makes this travesty.

Edit: Martin Campbell....SHITDICK

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
is the movie based on the Movie the Birds or the Short Story? cause there is a big difference

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
This comes from my hatred of The Wicker Man remake where in the original they let the psalm contrast with the tenseness of the situation whereas in the remake you had the Generic Loud Suspense Score.
oh come on Liddy it wasn't all that bad
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo[/media]