Another shitbag politician who needs to be thrown out of office.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Fuck Leland Yee in the neck with a rusty metal dildo.

Leland Yee: Gamers Have 'No Credibility' in Violent Video Game Debate, Should 'Just Quiet Down'

January 24, 2013

The San Francisco Chronicle offers an in-depth article on how video games have been drawn into the discussion on gun violence featuring quotes from California State Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) , IGDA Executive Director executive director, and Ian Bogost, professor of interactive computing at the Georgia Institute of Technology. The article also features comments from Gamasutra's Kris Graft, who called the industry's decision to meet with Vice-President Joe Biden's Gun Violence Commission earlier this month a mistake.
While the article is a fair assessment of the focus that has been put on video games since the Sandy Hook elementary School shootings that happened last month in Newtown, Connecticut, a particular quote from Senator Yee is sure to agitate the majority of gamers in America. Yee, who authored the failed 2005 California video game law that was struck down by the Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. EMA (it was ruled a violation of free speech rights under the First Amendment of the Constitution), said that it is time for gamers to be quiet and that he has some hope that the President's call for the CDC to study violent videogames will lead to some changes. First the galling comment about game players:
"Gamers have got to just quiet down," Yee, D-San Francisco, said in an interview Tuesday. "Gamers have no credibility in this argument. This is all about their lust for violence and the industry's lust for money. This is a billion-dollar industry. This is about their self-interest."
Later in the article Yee says that the Supreme Court set the standard too high in its ruling on Brown v. EMA and that he is pessimistic about the President's plan for CDC research:
"I'm hopeful that the president's intervention on this particular matter will make a difference, but I'm not that hopeful," Yee said.
You can read the entire article here.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sounds like the fucker needs to be tossed off a very high building.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
That supposed giant earthquake can't hit that state soon enough.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Actually, we have a lot of credibility because, unlike that stupid cunt, we're actually familiar with the content of the games. Plus, the overwhelming majority of us haven't committed any sort of violent crime, thus ruining the anti-video game crowd's argument.

Last edited:

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
What a fuckin idiot. Not a democrat-republican thing though...both sides have ardent critics of violent video games and make these stupid comments.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What a fuckin idiot. Not a democrat-republican thing though...both sides have ardent critics of violent video games and make these stupid comments.
The culture war and the dream of censorship cross left-right party lines. The PMRC senate hearings proved that decades ago.

This moron has no idea how much of a pain in his ass gamers can be as a voting block.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
The dream of censorship crosses left-right party lines. The PMRC senate hearings proved that decades ago.
Including what are considered "independents", with that jew (no offense Neon) Lieberman.

Republican party is already in the shitter...but if the democrats keep pushing gun control and criticizing violent TV/video games...it's not going to help them.

Oh who am I kidding...the entitled drones will always blindly support and vote for the charismatic progressives.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Oh who am I kidding...the entitled drones will always blindly support and vote for the charismatic progressives.
Not this particular debate. Younger voters tend to vote liberal because liberals are perceived as being more in-touch than conservatives. Going after violent video games (or music) really shows how old and out-of-touch any politician truly is. Plus, a lot of people my age (23) happen to be gamers, so this effects them in a way they actually understand and give a shit about.

Last edited:

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Not this particular debate. Younger voters tend to liberal because liberals are perceived as being more in-touch than conservatives. Going after violent video games (or music) really shows how old and out-of-touch any politician truly is. Plus, a lot of people my age (23) happen to be gamers, so this effects them in a way they actually understand and give a shit about.
Yup.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Not this particular debate. Younger voters tend to liberal because liberals are perceived as being more in-touch than conservatives. Going after violent video games (or music) really shows how old and out-of-touch any politician truly is. Plus, a lot of people my age (23) happen to be gamers, so this effects them in a way they actually understand and give a shit about.

None of that will make a bit of difference. Free shit and fear mongering over retarded social issues will trump this.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
None of that will make a bit of difference. Free shit and fear mongering over retarded social issues will trump this.
That won't save this guy on election day, I assure you. Not with the voting block we're talking about, anyway. They might vote for someone that exactly the same on every over issue, but this guy's goodwill among them is irrevocably destroyed.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
The voters are dumb. Obama shut down a lot of legal medical dispensaries in Colorado. Colorado votes to legalize it just like alcohol but those same voters vote for the guy who will continue to enforce federal drug laws in Colorado.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The voters are dumb. Obama shut down a lot of legal medical dispensaries in Colorado. Colorado votes to legalize it just like alcohol but those same voters vote for the guy who will continue to enforce federal drug laws in Colorado.
The difference, though, is that Obama is the first "black" President. He gets a lot of leeway. On the other hand, Leland Yee is an Asian from San Francisco, which is about as uncommon as a $1 bill in a vending machine. He doesn't have the novelty power that Obama has. He's also a senator, which doesn't carry quite the same level of "us versus them" nonsense with it. For all intents and purposes, he's just some dude that hates video games and thinks gamers are bloodthirsty savages. Yee also told gamers to just "be quiet". Being bluntly insulted conflicts with the young liberal's sense of entitlement and superiority. That will be a huge factor come election time as well.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
That won't save this guy on election day, I assure you. Not with the voting block we're talking about, anyway. They might vote for someone that exactly the same on every over issue, but this guy's goodwill among them is irrevocably destroyed.
No way video games are going to trump free shit. Never happen.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
but my lust for violence is very important to me!

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
The only bright spot is that Leland Yee is about to get term-limited out of office. One of the bright spots of the California Legislature. He's planning to run for AG, though.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
Just out of curiosity, but have any of these politicians like Rerand here ever talked about banning paintball? Because I've played plenty of violent FPS videogames and "killing" your opponent doesn't really have much more of an effect on me than stomping a goomba (fuggedabahdit), however, popping a bunch of paint caps in people's asses really got me foaming at the mouf.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Just out of curiosity, but have any of these politicians like Rerand here ever talked about banning paintball? Because I've played plenty of violent FPS videogames and "killing" your opponent doesn't really have much more of an effect on me than stomping a goomba (fuggedabahdit), however, popping a bunch of paint caps in people's asses really got me foaming at the mouf.
With some of these people, I'd be surprised if they had even heard of paintball.