Ant Re-Subscribing to XM while Op yelling in the Background!

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Anthony trying to re-subscribe to XM was surreal. Anthony tried to ask about XM, competition for Hoo Hoo on XM(which was Oprah! and the Comedy Channel XM 150), and XM 202 while Opie was doing a very good Hoo Hoo Zombie impression! Anthony tried to get the call operator and the manager to actually listen to The ViRUS but they refused to listen to XM. Ant asked about if "fuck" and "poopie hole" were words that would be used on that channel because he has children in the car.
The XM employees in IOWA showed their complete lack of knowledge of Eric Logan, Don Wicklin, and ONA.

XM Listener Care: 1-800-XM-RADIO

I wonder if that would change if people continued to ask questions about ONA and XM 202...

Hydrosludge

We can do it comrade
XM Listener Care: 1-800-XM-RADIO

I wonder if that would change if people continued to ask questions about ONA and XM 202...

I talked to Mary from Bangladesh today. I doubt it.

maz

TRueWDTer
i doubt it would change
they're just farming it out
she said she was calling from iowa i think

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
I talked to a dude from the Virgin Islands, said he'd "heard of o&a" but that was it. That's the problem with any multi-national corp these days. They farn out what they "THINK" are the shit jobs, when in reality, they're very important. If a fancy man like Anthony can't get any info, how are we supposed to? I hope E-Lo or his merger replacement is watching this very carefully

prozac

I Munch on Bloody Tampons for Protein
I missed yesterdays show but recorded it. I have to hear this.

pike

You will be molested
The XM employees in IOWA showed their complete lack of knowledge of Eric Logan, Don Wicklin, and ONA.
That would be because they are NOT XM employees. XM's customer service, like 90% of companies in the US today, is outsourced. Many of these call centers handle calls for hundreds of different companies at a time. The employee that Ant talked to may have just got off the phone with a TiVo customer and probably went on to speak to a Mikita customer next. The people who staff these call centers are uneducated saps who do nothing but read from scripts. They are not experts in any particular product or service.

Blame the Wal-Mart culture in America for allowing companies to degrade their customer service departments to hillbillies in the midwest and dot-heads. Nobody cares about quality -- it's all about cost.

TEXAS TRUCKER

Yay! Sigs are back!
....Blame the Wal-Mart culture in America for allowing companies to degrade their customer service departments to hillbillies in the midwest and dot-heads. Nobody cares about quality -- it's all about cost.
I agree expept I don't know why someone in Iowa who has never heard of O and A is automatcally labeled as "hillbilly". Iowa is a pretty fucking flat state for the most part. Or were you using the term as purely a put down of someone who lives outside of a major city and not based on any knowledge of that persons background or eductaion?

pike

You will be molested
Or were you using the term as purely a put down of someone who lives outside of a major city and not based on any knowledge of that persons background or eductaion?
Umm, yeah... pretty much :action-sm

It was a generalization used to make a point... I'm not really that pretentious in real life. Don't take is personally :)

-Mike

Johnny Manf

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
I didnt even know this happened.
Is there an audio clip of it?

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
this thread is worthless without the audio file!
x2 plus I would like to see this repeated but to people that matter, like XM brass. Not to a girl just trying to make a living at a call center.

goldenbunz

Pan down, I want bush!
That was funny as hell, but I wish Opie would have stopped yelling. I love when he does that during other phone calls but yesterday's phone call was funny without that.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
That was funny as hell, but I wish Opie would have stopped yelling. I love when he does that during other phone calls but yesterday's phone call was funny without that.
He eventually calmed down a little bit, and I think most of it was for our benefit on the radio, but here's something nobobdy thought of:

Could it be she couldn't get 202 to play because it's an XL channel and therefore blocked by PC Police? I know everytime I'm in a Best Buy or wherever I try and tune it there it's blocked along with 150 and the other XL music channels

nimsu

The Duck Goes Quack
I don't think that is that surprising.. I work for a large company in a decent level position and I have no idea who is the CEO/CFO and upper management.

TEXAS TRUCKER

Yay! Sigs are back!
Umm, yeah... pretty much :action-sm

It was a generalization used to make a point... I'm not really that pretentious in real life. Don't take is personally :)

-Mike
Nothing personal. I was just confused over the term hillbiily being used to describe a flatlander. I have no problem with terms like that OR dothead. (one of my favs) :action-sm

I always thought of a hillbilly as some barefoot, overall wearing, incest product from someplace like Arkansas, Tennessee or West Virginia.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
In case you don't want to wait til the weekend, I posted them. They're split into two separate mp3's because I like to keep them under 10 megs for Gmail sharers. I swear on Fez's bible there's no meatspin involved (it's one of my old work sites):

[media]http://virtualvegastours.com/files/XM-ANTcall01.mp3[/media]
Click here to download

[media]http://virtualvegastours.com/files/XM-ANTcall02.mp3[/media]
Click here to download

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
I always thought of a hillbilly as some barefoot, overall wearing, incest product from someplace like Arkansas, Tennessee or West Virginia.
Sterotypes suck.

Btw, did you know that all the Driver Ed. cars here in WV have a special message imprinted on the passenger side rear view mirrors?

[wait for it...]

"Objects in this mirror are behind you."

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
what a joke, I bet siruis customer service people know everything about hoo hoo
no respect for the boys

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Is it really $19.95 for the first 3 months, or is it 19.95 a month for the first 3 months? Even though I don't wanna pay an extra bill, I'd really like to buy XM one day.

It would have been gold if the chick changed the channel to 202 and heard Anthony's "magic trick".

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Dammit! I can't believe I missed it. I thought that once I bought a Sprint wireless card for the laptop I'd be able to listen "live" while at work. It's so noisy in the morning that even with headphones I miss a lot of the show. Same with the replay. I should really learn how to record on the SkyFi3 I bought for the car, but until then, thank you oandapartycock for posting links to the recording. :)