Anthem

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The open demo for Anthem dropped today. And, unlike other "open" demos lately, no pre-order is required.

I haven't been able to play very much, I only got about 20 minutes this morning. But the controls are buttery smooth. Flying is a joy, the gunplay is tight as hell.

I don't have much more to say at this point. I'm very nervous about the DLC nonsense. Luckily, it's only cosmetic, so that's good. But a leaked image shows skins running at $20 a pop, which is insanity. Twelve dollars for a fucking emote.

I need to dive in and see how bad the grind is. But, so far, I like what I see.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
I don't have much more to say at this point. I'm very nervous about the DLC nonsense. Luckily, it's only cosmetic, so that's good. But a leaked image shows skins running at $20 a pop, which is insanity. Twelve dollars for a fucking emote.
Those prices were apparently just placeholders and there's no info about what the conversion rate of the in game buckaroos to real dollars is.

But if people want to spend any amount on a skin for a video game, fuck it, let em. If dip shits want to show off their vanity in a video game and fund more content for everyone, more power to them.

BIV

So far this is really, really good.

Not much more to say about combat than last time other than confirming my first impressions. Tight controls, lots of loadout options. They are not stingy with the special weapon recharge rate. Feels great and makes you feel powerful.

The flight overheat is a bit too unforgiving, IMO, but I imagine that gets better with better gear.

Enemies are a bit bullet spongey, as you might expect. But it's hard without being punishing.

Matchmaking seems to be solid, though a new player spawning in will sometimes reset wildlife as you watch in freeplay.

There is an actual story here. This was only a thin snippet, but it was interesting and amusing.

The voice acting and facial mocap are top notch.

I wish you ran faster while in Fort Tarsis. That could get annoying.

Any there are plenty of default cosmetic choices.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
I know it's only a demo, but I didn't like any of it.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I played it a bit last night. It looks good but still has some graphical issues. I would think that they will be dealt with for release. Controls felt ok. Not bad overall

Will try some more tonight

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
I went and checked the Dev.

It'll suck. It may start out promising, but that company has a long LONG line of fucking up easy to have #1 games.

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
Just don't take a knee when you're playing Anthem. People lose their fucking minds.

BIV

After praising the game, I was unable to get on again. It kept getting stuck on the black screen right after the cover image.

BIV

Check out the music they used. The base song is Crazy Train, they even used a little Ozzy. But this may be the most remixed a song has ever been.

BIV

I broke.

Pre-loaded the game this morning. I'll be able to play at 9.

BIV

I'm pretty much expecting that. But if I get 20 entertaining hours out of it, I'm fine with that.

Most of the complaints are content related at this point, not gameplay.