Anthrax-Worship Music.....take 2

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
Album is finally re-recorded with joey belladonna and is slated for a 9/13 release, what do you guys think? With all the classic metal bands making big comebacks as far as new albums go, how do you think anthrax will fare?

[YT]nzDmgn-G2FM[/YT]

Sep 28, 2010
Saw them with Megadeth and Slayer in Sept (i think) at Nassau coliseum.

I must say they were one of the best bands i've ever seen live, even with Belladonna's horrendous wig. His voice was top notch and it's great to see older dudes like them still being able to sing.

John Bush has a great voice and I LOVED Sound of White Noise but the albums after that were crap, i'm glad they got Joey back.

on a side note some of the goons at blabbermouth spread a rumor that Dan Nelson got kicked out because he took a shit on Frank Bello's back while he was sleeping on the tour bus. One of the most ridiculous internet rumors of all time.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
I'm in, I'd go see them after the Big 4 show, since fuck that much money that goes mostly to Metallica

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
Saw them with Megadeth and Slayer in Sept (i think) at Nassau coliseum.

I must say they were one of the best bands i've ever seen live, even with Belladonna's horrendous wig. His voice was top notch and it's great to see older dudes like them still being able to sing.

John Bush has a great voice and I LOVED Sound of White Noise but the albums after that were crap, i'm glad they got Joey back.

on a side note some of the goons at blabbermouth spread a rumor that Dan Nelson got kicked out because he took a shit on Frank Bello's back while he was sleeping on the tour bus. One of the most ridiculous internet rumors of all time.
well worth it then, no knock on nelson but joey belongs in this band

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Even though I still think John Bush should be in the band and the constant vocalist changes make Iced Earth look like a model of stability, I'll probably give the album a chance.

Aug 11, 2005
I love Anthrax with Joey but this doesn't sound good

Sep 28, 2010
This was on iTunes last night before twelve. I was gonna get it but I'd rather have the cd. Can't fuvking wait!

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I bought it off Amazon and listened to it this afternoon. My initial impressions is that its okay. It does sound a little old school. But it also sounds like either the album should have been written for John Bush or Scott Ian's side project Those Damned Things.

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
it was written for dan nelson. I wanna hear them write one for joey now but that'll take another 7 years. I like the album although it tails off after the first 3 songs

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I listened it to again today and it is a pretty damn good album. Songs 1-7 are killer songs. Although I do think "In The End" should have closed the album out. My only complaint is the huge gap in the middle of "Revolution Screams". I'm sorry the second half of the songs sucks and its not worth listening to dead air waiting for it start.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I just listened to it today and holy shit did it make me happy. Getting to listen to Joey's vocals teamed up with the band was a throwback, but an actual great throwback. That doesn't happen often.

I'd never tell anyone it's a great album. It might be, but I don't know. It was great for me I know that for sure.