Anti-Crime Unit To Carry Submachine Guns On Central Fla. Streets

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Anti-Crime Unit To Carry Submachine Guns On Central Fla. Streets

POSTED: 11:27 pm EDT September 27, 2007
UPDATED: 9:11 am EDT September 28, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Members of the Orange County anti-crime unit will carry automatic submachine guns to combat heavily armed criminals roaming Central Florida streets.Sheriff's deputies who patrol areas around South Orange Blossom Trail have the same stories to tell, going up against criminals with powerful guns almost every night, Local 6 reported."(It's) a simple concept: Where there's drugs, there's going to be guns," Orange County sheriff's Cmdr. Al Rollins said.

An officer told Local 6 that Holden Heights and the Silver Star Corridor have become violent crime areas."(There was an incident with) an AK-47 and another firearm," Orange County sheriff's Sgt. Paul Smalley said. "We started hearing the gunfire exchange. We knew it was close. We knew it was really close when the bullets were going over our heads and hitting the oak trees where we were standing."Officials said they fear deputies may be outgunned by criminals so they are adding the weapons to their arsenal.The county's tactical anti-crime unit will purchase 40 H&K UMP 45 weapons. The submachine guns are compact, quicker and more powerful than current weapons."All of those (crime) calls for service, the assailants are armed and in most cases better armed than we are," Rollins said.The tactical anti-crime unit should get the new weapons within a few weeks.This year, Orange County sheriff's deputies have taken 800 guns off the streets.Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
http://www.local6.com/news/14224055/detail.html

[yt]VNPwX7MnxBM[/yt]

I would have gone for a carbine... meh

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
our local boys in blue have at least one AR, on duty each shift, and an MP40, also every car has a shotgun in it, our boys are well armed, that and there's 19 banks in our town

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
one, but not close, believe it or not they have only had one robbery in a few years, the teller was a friend of mine. the stupid sparkling wiggle walked home in the snow dripping dye. if it were up to her she would have shot his ass, instead she bombed him, haha she's such a good girl

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Those exploding packs must be fun and suck for the robber, ruining all that loot.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Nice choice with the UMP45. Accurate with plenty of stopping power. Range sucks, though.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Nice choice with the UMP45. Accurate with plenty of stopping power. Range sucks, though.
Well dur... pistol round less gooder then a rifle round... but if you have to fire back at savages... I gather more gooder to shoot a pistol round... rather then a rifle round. Due to rounds going through umm things...

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
our local boys in blue have at least one AR, on duty each shift, and an MP40, also every car has a shotgun in it, our boys are well armed, that and there's 19 banks in our town
I see many police also carry Mini-14s.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I know little to nothing about guns, but aren't machine guns a lot less accurate and fire in more of a spraying pattern?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Burst is the most effective way to retain accuracy and have enough power to knock down the bad guy.

However, I do believe that every freeman should have a fully automatic militia weapon with enough magazines, and ammo to keep the peace. All without having to pay some silly transfer tax. :icon_mrgr

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Burst is the most effective way to retain accuracy and have enough power to knock down the bad guy.

However, I do believe that every freeman should have a fully automatic militia weapon with enough magazines, and ammo to keep the peace. All without having to pay some silly transfer tax. :icon_mrgr

Well dur... firing full auto more funner... but ummm unless you are being attacked by zombies... really not all that practical accuracy wise eh... have pistols... but if someone breaks into the house... gonna swing a shotgun... and the German Shepherd:)