Ant's New Favorite Game?

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
Nov 16, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Here's the plot from Wikipedia.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is based on an alternate history where the point of divergence occurs with Winston Churchill's death in 1931 from being hit by a cab in New York City instead of surviving. Without his leadership, England falls to the Third Reich in 1940 through a successful Operation Sealion, forcing Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain to surrender. This allows Germany to sweep across the continent completely unopposed.

A period of development follows the Third Reich's success, transforming conquered Europe into the Greater German Reich; at the same time, new weapons like jet fighters and atomic bombs are engineered, raising tensions between the now technologically superior German Reich and the United States. An unexpected invasion of America, Operation Humpback Whale, is launched in 1953, a combined German and Japanese offensive striking at the nation on both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts. The opening scene of the game places the player, a construction worker named Dan Carson, right in the heat of the surprise attack on New York City
Read more about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Point:_Fall_of_Liberty

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Oh i get it, because it involves Nazi's..

I played the demo.. It would be an interesting game if it was made by ANYONE ELSE.

Oh.. and it looks like shit.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
The demo was fucking awful, cool concept, but fucking awful.
Supposedly the day the demo came out the developers quickly did damage control saying they felt that the demo wasn't representative of what the full game is like. I can beleive them as publishers are the ones who handle demos and many of them don't know jack shit about what constitutes good gaming and what does't

Rattlehead

Hey Asshole Face!
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah that demo sucked uncut tribal cock, with a side of elephantitus ball bag juice.

But I think COD 4 has ruined any chance of any FPS being good for me again.......LET'S DO THIS THROWING FRAG!

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I liked the concept but just watched some trailers. Looks like it might as well have come out on the PS2.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
that game trailer looks horrible. The explosions even look terrible.

The Phoenix

Oh, figure it out already!
May 19, 2007
Not my favorite game! looks like dog cunt! I like the concept...for earth.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Not my favorite game! looks like dog cunt! I like the concept...for earth.
So if you're a male pitbull, you'll hump this game for hours... Gotcha.

And don't worry, good things come to those who wait for the Fourth Reich...

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Demo was garbage

I agree COD 4 is the perfect FPS. It really ruined any other FPS now...Well besides like Half- Life 2, Counterstrike, Bioshock.

I'm really looking foward to RSV2 though

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (XBOX360/PS3/PC)

In the alternate history of Turning Point: The Fall of Liberty™, unstoppable Nazi forces win World War II, and take over Europe and the United States. Now it's up to you to save the country, and the world, in this story-driven, provocative shooter that redefines WWII-era action.

IGN: 5.0/10

* Battle an occupying Nazi force: Employ guerrilla tactics to overcome superior Axis weaponry with a unique art style that brings an oppressed, occupied America to life.
* Witness the Third Reich's epic takeover: Participate in intense World War II action against a backdrop of globally recognized landmarks in New York and Washington D.C.
* Experience personal combat: Make a difference as a WWII resistance hero. Engage in an in-depth grappling system featuring environmental kills, quick kills, and human shields.
* Jump into epic cinematic gameplay: Experience the best-in-class gameplay from Spark Unlimited, the soundtrack from renowned composer Michael Giacchino (Alias, Lost, Black), and online multiplayer built on Unreal technology, and more!

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (Xbox 360)

Xbox.com | Turning Point: The Fall of Liberty™ - Game Detail Page

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
lets face facts....the biggest issue that he would have with this game is that you fight against the Nazis

But I did find a good book for Ant...something else to read aside from Mein Kampf

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
me too...but talk about awkward reading it on the train into work :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

RabidHamster

It makes you fez.
Dec 4, 2005
Roanoke
Played the demo and I agree with everyone that it's shite, still the opening sequence is cool with all the nazi blimps coming into New York. If you want a break from COD4 try Army of Two I'm having a ball shooting ragheads with my life partner Rio.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Game Informer gave it a 3 out of 10.

I'd agree with IGN's rating of 5 out of 10, however. It's not really for everyone, just hardcore fans of FPS.

If you want a great new FPS? Pick up Frontlines. Excellent game. Not up there with Bioshock or COD4, but goddamn solid.