OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Any baggers in Vegas this week?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by NikkorTheMonk, Aug 31, 2011.

1. NikkorTheMonk

NikkorTheMonk Registered User

We're at the MGM till Sunday. Would love a local tour guide or meet for drinks.

2. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

Going next month. I would be a lousy tour guide. I stay at the Golden Nugget and only know how to find, my room, the blackjack tables, the buffet, and the shitter.

3. Dicktator

Dicktator Frozen Meatbals 4life

Going sept 26-oct 2

4. NikkorTheMonk

The perfect tour guide.

5. Reaper G

Reaper G POW# 126

I always seem to miss these threads after the fact. Anyone coming up want a local for a guide?

6. NikkorTheMonk

We went to a Chinese restaurant called Cathay House, 5300 Spring Mountain Road, Chinatown. Had the best Dim Sum i've ever had in my life and I lived in Taiwan for 9 years. We ate like it was going out of style and I really hurt myself and then we ate some more and our bill was only $38.00. It was so damn fresh. It was better the New York City or San Francisco. The owner came by every few minutes to make sure everything was ok and just super nice. When the wife wanted a specific desert and it wasn't on the cart he ran back and hand made them just for her. Outfuckingstanding service. The dragonlady hostess threw me a little as just another unfunny Chinese hostess but once you got seated you never saw her again till check out. Fuck, this meal was so damn good I could go on forever.

FYI: Fuck the Bellagio Buffet. The fod was great but the fucking manners or foreign tourist made me want to slam my dish down and start windmilling Asian and French people. It's not the fucking Sizzler, show a little fucking class. Go fuck yourselves Asian and French people.

7. metallikat87

metallikat87 Well-Known Member
    It's My Birthday!

chinatown in vegas is gettting pretty good
    there is a handful of amazing places that i know of and im sure theres a lot more i havent been introduced to
    i usually go to changs, not pf mind you, for dim sum but i will have to try cathay house

8. Reaper G

Reaper G POW# 126

Chinatown in Vegas is getting really good. Lots of cool, exotic, yummy Asian places to check out. Glad to see a tourist checking it out, Nikkor.

9. Madijuana

Madijuana New Wackbag

I noticed the same thing when i stayed at the Bellagio but when i went it was Asians and Russians swarming all over the place.

10. ProflyerXM

ProflyerXM Not an attention seeker

When I went down there just after Christmas I stayed on the strip. What a mistake.

I've been down since and stayed at The Orleans and really loved it. They have shuttles to the strip and the food, rooms, entertainment at the resort and everything is cheaper. Even the tables have lower minimums. Great spot.

Visiting Vegas is fucking awesome. I'm definitely gonna go to Chinatown next time I go down.

What are the areas of the city to absolutely avoid? It seems like as soon as you get off strip the police have less of a presence and the city seems to get a little sketchier.

11. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

I have not idea why Chinatown in Vegas is so good. I mean, it's not like Chinese people like to gamble or anything... :rolleyes:

If you're going to go the buffet route, I recommend the Paris buffet. ~$35/person, and really good stuff. Made-to-order crepes, carved prime rib, French pastries, etc.

Stick to the tourist areas and UNLV, and you'll be fine. Shit, I fucking walked from Planet Hollywood to the airport the last time I was in town, just to burn off the energy I get from that town. I can't go there too often. It's a very, very bad idea for me.

But it's a helluva lot of fun when I'm there...

12. metallikat87

It's My Birthday!

you nailed it, immediately off the strip is really the worst parts of town. otherwise its all pretty decent

idk if youve been recently, like the last several years but its nothing like it used to be. since hilton bought the property its all pretty middle of the road
    which sucks because it used to be great. the steak house in there was one of my favorite places ever

13. NikkorTheMonk

We ate at the Paris and it was outstanding. Ellis Island was suposed to have the best steak in town without breaking the bank.

14. Dicktator

Dicktator Frozen Meatbals 4life

I'm gonna try and see Penn and Teller while I'm there. I'm reading Penn's book now thanks to Opie and Jimmy recomendation and it's really good. I have never been to Vegas Chinatown but I will be checking it out.

I haven't been to the Paris buffet in a couple of years but it really was the best In Vegas so I really hope it hasn't gone down hill. The crepes were awesome!

The coolest thing I have ever done on a Vegas trip is zipline from this company. http://bcflightlines.com/
    13 more days until i go and i'm ready to get there.

15. NikkorTheMonk

we were going to go but it's $100 a ticket. the nosebleed/obstructed views are $65.

16. ProflyerXM

ProflyerXM Not an attention seeker

It's totally worth it. The price choked me a little but the show was fan-fucking-tastic. My folks really liked the show too. I payed up for premium seats and went on stage for the bullet-catch bit. They had me inspect the gun and I got to keep the bullet and case after the bit was over. They take alot of time after the show to sign autographs/take pictures with every person in the theater after the show.

I can't say enough how awesome the whole experience was.

17. Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Registered User

I'm in the airport headed there for a business trip.

18. metallikat87

It's My Birthday!

it really is a hell of a show, i think you can get better deals on vegas.com and other similar sites