Any baggers work at Home Depot and can help a brotha out?

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
So a few months ago I bought a new house, house needed alot of work so I bought it and then put my current house on the market, so i'd have a place to live during renovations. So now i sold my house and it's getting towards the end. Got a call from my agent last week that the buyer is having trouble with his current lease and needs to push settlement up to 7/31 instead of 8/15...so i had to hual ass to Home Depot to order carpets..luckily i caught a $99 installation sale..problem is they are now telling me it's pretty much hopeless to get the carpets in before the 31st. When i paid they told me to call and talk to the flooring expeditor at my store...she literally laughed at me said they can not be expedited... probably won't even be in until close to the 31st and doubts they can be installed by then....anyone know if this is the way it really is or if this twat just didn't feel like doing her job and chose laughing at the customer instead...just wanted to know if i had any other options

Go hardwood over carpeting (I am not sure if that is possible for you personally). The paneling is easy to install, plus it will give the house a nicer appeal. Depending on the dimensions of the room, you could personally do it in 2-6 hours.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
I'm not a huge fan of hardwood..house is 110 years old with original hardwood...so i may have it re-finished in the future but for the amount of work it needs it'll be cheaper to get the carpet for now

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
I'm not a huge fan of hardwood..house is 110 years old with original hardwood...so i may have it re-finished in the future but for the amount of work it needs it'll be cheaper to get the carpet for now
oooooohhh. original hardwood. please dont carpet over them.

hehe, hard wood.

AJellyDonut

They're paying for it, you eat it!
That's the way it is. It's Home Depot, do you really expect prompt service? Plus depending on the amount of carpet you ordered it's going to take a few weeks and they aren't going to tell their other customers "sorry we have to reschedule your install because flyerfan got a new house." Good luck with the place though!

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Home Depot requires that you fail a personality test before they'll hire you.
It's def cheaper to carpet, but I would call around and see if you can get a mom & pop or smaller carpet dealer/installer to help you out. You may be able to coordinate delivery by HD and installation by somone on the side. I'm certain it'll be more expensive, but I can almost guarantee you'll have better service.

Worth a shot.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Insert wife joke here

cozzie

head retard
I would call around and see if you can get a mom & pop or smaller carpet dealer/installer to help you out.

x2

Hottub

On the Trading Block? Not this Ham n Egger!
Look for a local carpet place, and try to cut a deal for a large amount.

Also, if you can, refinish just one room of the hardwood. That way the buyers know what they have to work with. A BIG selling point.
My house had beautiful hardwood throughout. We eventually refinished every single room.

AngryPest

The sad thing is the Mom & Pop place will be doing the install for Home Depot. They always use outside contractors for their home improvement stuff. Cancel the Home Depot order and call around.

You could always buy the cheapest carpet possible, rent the tools and install it yourself. If your lazy, you could just glue it down over the wood.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
I used to be an assistant manager at a Depot here in Wisconsin. Yes it is a local mom and pop that does the install for Depot. And they are probably telling the truth on how long it takes to get the carpeting in. You can ask the expiditor really nicely to see if the manufacturer can do a rush on the carpet. We used to do this all the time for some of the local contractors. You might have to pay a slight shipping fee but they can usually have it to you in about a week. some stores have good relationships with the manufacturer and are willing to do this. Then ask the local mom and pop if they can come ahead of time to do your install. Most small businesses will take a fifty and do whatever you want.

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
I've done alot of business with HD and Lowes. Just bitch and get your money back. Like everyone else said, get a mom and pop place to do it. Like everyone else said, the mom and pops are the ones who install it anyway.

If you live near a Lowes and a HD go to lowes and tell them your problem (not the nut at the desk get the manager of the dept or the store asst or store manager) they may be able to help you out to get a future sales too. Just don't go when the store is packed, they won't have time to work with you. Early mornings - after the contractors and before the shoppers and late evenings seem to work best. Avoid them on weekends, every moron with a weekend project seems to be there asking questions.