any doctors out there?

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
i got a what was diagnosed as chemical conjunctivitis in my left eye in july. a doctor prescribed me some eye drops. unfortunately i threw out the box and only have the bottle. it says: neomycin and polymyxin b sulfates and hydrocortisone ophthalmic suspension, usp. just recently i got the same symptoms in the same eye and i really don't want to go back to the doctors and have to pay for another visit. i was wondering if it was safe to use the same medicine he prescribed me last time. if it was anything other than my eye i probably wouldn't be asking.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
i got a what was diagnosed as chemical conjunctivitis in my left eye in july. a doctor prescribed me some eye drops. unfortunately i threw out the box and only have the bottle. it says: neomycin and polymyxin b sulfates and hydrocortisone ophthalmic suspension, usp. just recently i got the same symptoms in the same eye and i really don't want to go back to the doctors and have to pay for another visit. i was wondering if it was safe to use the same medicine he prescribed me last time. if it was anything other than my eye i probably wouldn't be asking.
Normally I would say to not be cheap when it comes to your vision. Go to the doctor again, but that is Pink Eye. The same medicine should fix it.

On the other hand I would still go to the doctor just so you can get the doctors note. Don't be that asshole spreading Pink Eye to everyone else just because you don't think it is a big deal. Stay home and avoid people.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Check the date on the bottle sir! Most of that stuff is good for a year..check the bottle to see if there is a change to appearance of the medicine..if it is different from what you remember it to be...get a new script..

Jan 6, 2006
Sorry, I'm only a neurosurgeon.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I'm not a doctor, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night :icon_roll

I second checking the date on the medication. It's a mix of antibiotic, preservative and steroid (cortisone). Most eye medications and/or drops have a limited life once opened, some require refrigeration. Its not like pills that just loose their effectiveness after a period of time, bad eye drops can cause infections.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
just man up & run the shower on your face. :action-sm

I think refrigeration depends on the antibiotic. Neomycin should be ok since july & will probably do the trick.

2x a day, if it doesn't begin to clear tomorrow or friday am, go back to the doc.

don't touch the eye.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Those eye drops are usually good for a year. Wash your hands like an OCD freak, and avoid human contact you diseased freak.

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
I never understood prescription eye drops....why can't they sell them over the counter? Potential for eyedrop abuse is probably very low.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I never understood prescription eye drops....why can't they sell them over the counter? Potential for eyedrop abuse is probably very low.
Like most things, it's a fucking racket to keep the doctors rolling in cash.

Balogny Tits

It's not that were better, were just less worse
May 26, 2005
Canada
I actually have a home based cure that will work. Buy super glue, put two drops in each eye and close your eyes tightly. Now wait 5 minutes and put two more drops on each eye.

A couple drops in each ear wouldn't hurt either.

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
I actually have a home based cure that will work. Buy super glue, put two drops in each eye and close your eyes tightly. Now wait 5 minutes and put two more drops on each eye.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house

:clap::haha7::clap::haha7: