Any good local bands in your area?

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
we're lousy with good metal bands in the indiana area, and I am not sure why. well, aside from the fact that there is nothing else to do.

here's some of my area favorites:

demiricous - sound a lot like slayer...opened for slayer...kerry king from slayer said in an interview that he loved them . http://www.demiricous.com/

year of desolation - straight up metal. these dudes are more melodic death metally...or something. not sure where to put them I guess. http://www.myspace.com/yearofdesolation

salvation - straight up riff madness. if you like goatwhore or down or bands along those lines - http://www.myspace.com/riffinsalvation

the dream is dead - kind of a metalcore thing, with the emphasis on metal. http://www.myspace.com/thedreamisdead

the gates of slumber - viking/doom metal. just got off of their european tour. very, very good live band http://www.myspace.com/thegatesofslumber

there's two dozen more I could link to, but these are the ones I tend to listen to a lot.

post the ones in your area. this is how how I found a lot of the bands that I like now. for those of you in the new york area, you should keep an eye out for a band called Tides. Those dudes are amazing if you like stuff like isis or red sparowes.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
There's a ton of great bands in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Search for any of these guys on Myspace and enjoy:

Bless the Broken
The Heroine
Neverset
Overscene
Kritickill
Early Pearl
Exit 380
Miser
At the Park
The Cast
Fallen Breed
The Opus Flux

Just go through their friends lists, there's hundreds of truly great bands around here. Most of the ones in the list are very rock centric, some are more metal, some are more laid back, but they're all damn good in their own right.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
original or cover party bar bands?

In souf Jersey theres a band called DVS thats a really good metal coverband.

PALLY

Jun 28, 2005
jersey
freak-band.com

also foster child is good

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
yeah, he ones I posted are all original.
I don't really get into the whole cover/bar band thing.

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
Feb 15, 2006
Seattle, WA
Some good bands from my area...

Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains

As for bands that never made it out of Seattle, there are a few.

Sambusa
Flowmotion

My brother is in Sambusa, they're kinda on and off.

There are a ton of great bands in the area, and there are the requisite classic rock cover bands too. You never know.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Best local RI band is called Rune. They're a funk/jam/acoustic band. Acoustic guitar, bass, drums and violin. About 75% original/25% covers (DMB, Rusted Root, etc).

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
Some good bands from my area...

Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains

As for bands that never made it out of Seattle, there are a few.

Sambusa
Flowmotion

My brother is in Sambusa, they're kinda on and off.

There are a ton of great bands in the area, and there are the requisite classic rock cover bands too. You never know.
there are a shit ton of metal bands in that area too.
When I lived in Federal Way, we used to go see shows every weekend. (i was stationed at fort lewis for six years.) I also got to see DOA and 7 seconds for like 5 bucks at some shitty little bar in tacoma on the pier.

and seattle/tacoma also has a fantastic hardcore scene. botch came from lakewood. good enough for me.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
Boston doesn't have any famous bands ...........:haha7:
I really wasn't asking about famous bands dickhole. that kind of does away with the whole them being local anymore.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
Exactly. Boston has many great local bands:

Major/Minor
Fall Horsie
the Easy Tease
State Your Mind
The Slip

...Just to name a few

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
Feb 15, 2006
Seattle, WA
there are a shit ton of metal bands in that area too.
When I lived in Federal Way, we used to go see shows every weekend. (i was stationed at fort lewis for six years.) I also got to see DOA and 7 seconds for like 5 bucks at some shitty little bar in tacoma on the pier.

and seattle/tacoma also has a fantastic hardcore scene. botch came from lakewood. good enough for me.
Yeah, music people kinda forgot about this area after grunge died out, but there is still a shitload of talent up here. Hardcore, metal, jazz, blues, r&b, you name it.

Speaking of classic rock cover bands, The Beatniks put on about the best show I've ever seen. Flawless covers, and the frontman/part time drummer is a top notch showman.

http://www.myspace.com/seattlebeatniks

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I really wasn't asking about famous bands dickhole. that kind of does away with the whole them being local anymore.
:icon_mrgr

local= Grimus, Weezer, Drop Kick Murphys (last two famous but still do local shows?) ummmmmm, yea there's a ton here since we are the mecca of education with all the universities and colleges we have bands from everywhere.

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
i have a more or less famous singer about 5 min from my house... tim 'the ripper' owens. we live here in green, oh, just outside of akron. sang for Priest for a few years, now with Beyond Fear, and my alltime-favorite band (next to Metallica), Iced Earth. IE just release Framing Armageddon on sept 11th, phenomenal album.

Stig Helmer

Apr 18, 2012
This is a silly odd sounding band and the singer sings in my dialect