Any Hank III Fans?

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
Yes Hank III, as in Hank Williams Jr.'s kid. I have DJ'd for about 15 years now and listen to EVERY kind of music. I'm not a huge fan of country music, but I am a fan of Hank III's style of country music. He's kind of like the "Eminem" of country music. He hates Nashville, pop-country, and the Maaaaannnnnnn. He doesn't just sing country music. He Rocks the house with some awesome heavy metal as well.

Half of his show is twangy country licks, and the other half of the show is head banging metal riffs. His metal band is called AssJack, and has played with such bands as Super Joint Ritual and Body Count.

Now try to imagine what kind of crowd shows up for one of his gigs. It is great. I am going to see him again(3rd time) in Madison on Aug. 10th.

Anyone else a fan?

www.hank3.com

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
I hate country but i definitely dig Hank III like you said he does all kinds of music...i've heard alot of it but only saw him live with superjoint. Actually met him outside a superjoint concert once a friend of mine was doing posters for the band and thier manager wanted to thank him by getting one of the posters signed by the whole band, while we were waiting Hank came out and we talked to him for like 15 minutes very cool dude

FMDoug

Nov 29, 2005
Nope. I'm a fan of Hank Williams though. I think that if Hank Williams III wasn't related to Hank Williams he would just be another bar band.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
i have the "straight to hell" cd. where exactly is there anything but old country sounding music in it? i only intro'd the songs and didnt like what i heard, so if you could give me some track titles, i may change my opinion.

A

agger625

hank III is alright

"straight to hell" is very country.. some of his earlier stuff is heavy metal. The "heavy" album is called "This ain't Country" I didn't really care for it.
if you want good country, try Stoney Larue, Jason Boland, Reckless Kelly, or Mickey and the Motorcars. those are some of my favorite artists

Capt.Quint

ANDREW DICE GAY
Jul 26, 2005
Fort Pierce,FL
"Straight To Hell" and "Broke, Lovesick and Driftin'" are pretty good albums. I am a big Hank Williams fan and Hank III but I cannot fucking stand Hank Jr.

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
i have the "straight to hell" cd. where exactly is there anything but old country sounding music in it? i only intro'd the songs and didnt like what i heard, so if you could give me some track titles, i may change my opinion.

It IS old sounding country music, But his songs are alot different than your "Friends In Low Places" type of shit. He'll throw an F bomb in his song. I guess for me it's not about the music, more the contents of the songs?

As far as "Straight To Hell", I like them all except for D Ray White, and Angel Of Sin. Favorites are Smoke and wine, Not Everybody likes us(nice dig on kid rock in that song), Low Down, Crazed Country Rebel and Country Heroes.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
It IS old sounding country music, But his songs are alot different than your "Friends In Low Places" type of shit. He'll throw an F bomb in his song. I guess for me it's not about the music, more the contents of the songs?

As far as "Straight To Hell", I like them all except for D Ray White, and Angel Of Sin. Favorites are Smoke and wine, Not Everybody likes us(nice dig on kid rock in that song), Low Down, Crazed Country Rebel and Country Heroes.
thanks fella, i might give it another listen after all this time, i may find i like it. who knows.

Nov 11, 2005
I probably wouldn't have ever checked III out if it wasn't for the company he keeps. I prefer the bootlegs to the studio stuff, can't wait for the "Arsom Anthem" project he's doing with Mike IX.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
When in Austin he does two sets one is strictly county and the other is punk metal.

And seeing him play bass for Phil Anselmos Superjoint Ritual is kewl to see too.

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
Nope. I'm a fan of Hank Williams though. I think that if Hank Williams III wasn't related to Hank Williams he would just be another bar band.
I think the same can be said for alot of people in the music industry that have a shoe-in due to a relative. As far as just another bar band, I'll settle for that as long as the show is good. The show I'm gong to is sold out, the venue holds only 400 people. Thats what makes the show that much better.

IMO

Aug 11, 2005
"Straight To Hell" and "Broke, Lovesick and Driftin'" are pretty good albums. I am a big Hank Williams fan and Hank III but I cannot fucking stand Hank Jr.
I'm the same way , out of control drugged up
drunk Hanks are the best!
you get better pain and angry songs that way

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
Well, Tonights the show. Can't wait. Got some good green for this event.

Hopefully I'll have pictures to post tomarrow.