Anybody here have a white 2006 pontiac grand prix?

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
My wife smashed her side mirror and had to get a new one but they only come in black. Her car is white and the sticker that has the color code is gone. If someone on here has this car in white could they please give me the color code so I can get the paint to get this stupid car fixed?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
get a black one for the other side and then you don't need to worry about matching the paint

I am just so full of good & crappy advice tonight :laughing guy:

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
There's a color code for white? Isn't all GM white the same?

And how did she smash the mirror? You let her drive?

blazin

Dec 9, 2004

That link provided above shows Olympic white and white.

White is a hard color to match.

What happened to the color code sticker? Did you check the inside deck lid?

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Arc Lite you are the man!! I was just getting on that site when I saw that there were responses already. Thank you!

She smashed it by sliding off the road and hitting someones mail box last week during a snow storm. The mail box didn't even have a dent but it fucked up her mirror. Yes I let her drive, it is her car. How else is she gonna get to work?

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
What the fuck is a deck lid?!?!?!?!
The driver door has one sticker on it that tells the weight. There are 3 spots that have sticker residue from stickers that are missing.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005

nope, there is summit white, diamond white, plus one other white I don't know the name of. I'm pretty sure for that grand prix you are looking for summit white. Fez Man would know better

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
What the fuck is the difference between Olympic white and WHITE?!?!?!?!
I guess I will have flip the coin and if she doesn't like it, too fucking bad.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My old company vehicle, a 2005 Chevy was Olympic White.

I had to buy touch-up paint for it because I put a scratch in the door.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
its code 40 white wa 8554
what you should do is get a can of semi gloss black paint and paint both mirrors black...... that is what i would do if you came in and wanted to save your self 50$

if you really want to know the color code is on the "line sticker" or "option sticker" which is located on the spare tire cover in the trunk under the carpet, its a white sticker about 2x3" the #is in the lower right hand corner, depending on the year of the car it will start with either WA or U, and a series of #s usually 4 i do believe that it should be 8554 but it could be 8840, GM has about 60 different whites, and no matter what you do it will never "match" i really would go the black option. also if you have never taken the door apart you might be in for a challenge, i think on that car the whole door panel might have to come off. feel free to PM me with any other questions...... i watch alot of "Hot rod TV" ;)

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Luckily my father in law has the same model of car(different color) and had to change his mirror, so he knows how to take the interior door panel off. I know that white is the hardest to match and no matter what I do my wife will not be happy with the results. This car has been a fucking problem ever since she got it. I told her not to get it but nooooooooooooooo don't listen to me. I should just say fuck it and let her deal with getting it painted so then it is out of my hands.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
trust me paint them black, a can of rattle can black is about 12$ for the good stuff (not rustolum) a roll of masking tape and some wax paper and your good to go (use wax paper not news paper to mask the aria) if you have it painted at a body shop they might ass fuck you on price, if i have the paint i usually charge about 30$ to paint a mirror, if i have to buy the paint its 75$, real car paint is expensive, because of the color you might be able to go to your local auto body paint jobber or auto parts store and get something close in spray can, i use rattle cans some times for bumpers and other trim pieces including mirrors

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Does it need to be clear coated also? I can gara-fucking-tee that the wife will not go for the black idea. I will just pick up the part tomorrow and then have her go to the body shop across the street from my house and ask him how much it will cost to get it painted. He does fantastic work and always cuts her a deal. Thanks to everyone with the help and advice. I will have to check in the spare tire compartment tomorrow and see if that sticker is still there.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
if you really want to know the color code is on the "line sticker" or "option sticker" which is located on the spare tire cover in the trunk under the carpet, its a white sticker about 2x3" the #is in the lower right hand corner
I have an 05' Grand Prix and the paint code is on the sticker on the underside of the trunk lid.

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
Why not pick up the phone and call the dealership? Or maybe any decent paint and body shop. They have the numbers on file in both cases.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
trust me paint them black, a can of rattle can black is about 12$ for the good stuff (not rustolum) a roll of masking tape and some wax paper and your good to go (use wax paper not news paper to mask the aria) if you have it painted at a body shop they might ass fuck you on price, if i have the paint i usually charge about 30$ to paint a mirror, if i have to buy the paint its 75$, real car paint is expensive, because of the color you might be able to go to your local auto body paint jobber or auto parts store and get something close in spray can, i use rattle cans some times for bumpers and other trim pieces including mirrors
I know alot of cars have generic looking black mirrors (like a sunfire), but GP mirrors are sport mirrors and black would look terrible.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Does it need to be clear coated also? I can gara-fucking-tee that the wife will not go for the black idea. I will just pick up the part tomorrow and then have her go to the body shop across the street from my house and ask him how much it will cost to get it painted. He does fantastic work and always cuts her a deal. Thanks to everyone with the help and advice. I will have to check in the spare tire compartment tomorrow and see if that sticker is still there.
sounds like a plan, stick it on her, its probably your best bet, if you fuck it up she's going to bust your balls, not to mention that if she busted up the mirror i would count on the door frame being bent behind it

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I have an 05' Grand Prix and the paint code is on the sticker on the underside of the trunk lid.
yep most likely is, gm put them on the trunk liner for years because the likely hood of that part leaving the car was minimal, Gm also likes to put them in the glove box (trucks) and the center console (fire birds were famous for that) VW is the biggest pain in the ass because they move them around the car depending on the model. for me its like a scavenger hunt. now days a lot of better body shops use some form of spectrum densitometer linked to a color formula database, i dont have one but my jobber does, i often send parts up to be "shot" it beats the old days of pawing thew pages and pages of variants and boxes of micro fiche, quite frankly getting an exact color match panel to panel is almost imposable, almost every thing metallic i paint i blend

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
Just call the dealer, give them the VIN number, and they can tell you the exact color.

Have you tried a junk yard/u pull it? You many get lucky and find a used white one for dirt cheap.