Anybody on dat der ADD meds?

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Anyone have any experience with adderall/vyvance/Ritilan?

I've always been against taking prescription drugs and thought that just living a healthy lifestyle would solve most problems. Which I believe it does. I tried adderall for the first time last year. It felt like I unlocked god mode. i was more talkative, focused and just all around more personable. It helped a ton with my depression as well which runs deep in my family. I have always been a friendly fellow, but this made everything easier. I can honestly say I've always felt like something was missing, and this helps fill that gap. Even when I was at my healthiest and in the best shape of my life I felt like I was missing something.

I've been on Vyavnce since November. It is not as strong as Adderall, but it lasts much longer, and doesn't cause bad headaches like Adderall. I like it, but I am really nervous about the fact that I may become or already am addicted to it. I have gone a week without it before, and did well. This morning I tried not taking it... and was absolutely miserable. So I went home and got one.

Anyway, who here has had experience with these meds? Do you still take them? If you quit, how hard was it to stop taking them?

rockpup

Sick Puppy
Jun 2, 2005
Souf Florida
I was on Ritalin for a while. Hated every moment on the stuff. School and mindless work activities were easier but I felt like a zombie if I took 20mg, and just felt off when on lower doses. My parents could not understand why I hated it since I was "better" on meds. Could use it when need to do paperwork, but otherwise I'll pass from mow on.

Von Maestro

Mar 12, 2010
I never felt the need to take any ADD meds. Oh look, a puppy...

ah booooooo

Nick the Pig

Scraping a dull comment across your tender eyeball
May 6, 2011
Some place faaar away ....yes, that'll do
I was diagnosed with ADD in my early teens and have never once taken medication for it, even in the early days when it was pretty much forced on me I just used to pretend to take them. Despite this I've been able to keep my ADD under perfect control by sheer force of will. I think it's a damn shame that rather than teach people how to have a little mental discipline they instead want us all walking around as mindless zombies, and besides, zombies are way overused these days. You've got The walking dead on TV, every other game has a zombie mode or zombie expansion pack, which is bullshit in itself, I remember the days when you could expect to get a dozen hours at least out of a game's single player campaign but now it's all fucking multiplayer, if I wanted to interact with real people I wouldn't be playing videogames, I'd be playing sports or something even though I was never so good at sports but I'm sure I could be, I've just never had an interest in outdoor activities even though I love nature, I'd go hiking if there was anywhere to hike around here but I'm in the middle of the city and really can't get the time to go drive somewhere and check into a hotel just to get up the next morning and go walking all day, fuck that.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
I was diagnosed with ADD in my early teens and have never once taken medication for it, even in the early days when it was pretty much forced on me I just used to pretend to take them. Despite this I've been able to keep my ADD under perfect control by sheer force of will. I think it's a damn shame that rather than teach people how to have a little mental discipline they instead want us all walking around as mindless zombies, and besides, zombies are way overused these days. You've got The walking dead on TV, every other game has a zombie mode or zombie expansion pack, which is bullshit in itself, I remember the days when you could expect to get a dozen hours at least out of a game's single player campaign but now it's all fucking multiplayer, if I wanted to interact with real people I wouldn't be playing videogames, I'd be playing sports or something even though I was never so good at sports but I'm sure I could be, I've just never had an interest in outdoor activities even though I love nature, I'd go hiking if there was anywhere to hike around here but I'm in the middle of the city and really can't get the time to go drive somewhere and check into a hotel just to get up the next morning and go walking all day, fuck that.

HAHA, bravo

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
That rant would have been better without periods.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
:icon_lol:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
eh fuck it i just drink

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Nope. My dad used to smack me in the back of the head and tell
me to cut the shit and grow the fuck up. Worked very well.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
I snorted some ritalin once. Probably as close to a cocaine high as you can get without cocaine. True story.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I was on Ritalin for ADHD when I was a kid. Later, I was put on Adderall. Some time after that, Zoloft (an antidepressant) was added to the Adderall. When I was 15, I randomly decided to stop taking them. I never discussed it with anyone; I just stopped. I didn't have any difficulty quitting (although that might be because I had already been regularly disposing of my pills instead of taking them).

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
While I can't tell you if you should take them or not you should talk to your doctor if you want to stop taking them. He may try to convince you to keep taking them but the choice really is up to you. If you do decide to stop taking them you should lower your dose slowly. It is not a good idea to just stop taking it one day.

To respond to the will power/ dad smacking me around argument if that works you are lucky and have a moderate case or no ADD/ADHD at all. For those who truly have ADD it is not that simple, it has next to nothing to do with willpower or taught behavior. Sadly doctors write scrips for these meds to people who don't need them far to often. As far as the high feeling like cocaine, if you need the drug it calms you down if you don't need the drug it speeds you up.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
I was on Ritalin for ADHD when I was a kid. Later, I was put on Adderall. Some time after that, Zoloft (an antidepressant) was added to the Adderall. When I was 15, I randomly decided to stop taking them. I never discussed it with anyone; I just stopped. I didn't have any difficulty quitting (although that might be because I had already been regularly disposing of my pills instead of taking them).
Does not surprise me at all. I imagine you were misdiagnosed your whole life. If you sold it, it would be like a second income. I have a friend that was asking $6 an addy and people would line up to pay that. Now he is asking $10 a pill and it is no different. It's his drinking money each week.

While I can't tell you if you should take them or not you should talk to your doctor if you want to stop taking them. He may try to convince you to keep taking them but the choice really is up to you. If you do decide to stop taking them you should lower your dose slowly. It is not a good idea to just stop taking it one day.

To respond to the will power/ dad smacking me around argument if that works you are lucky and have a moderate case or no ADD/ADHD at all. For those who truly have ADD it is not that simple, it has next to nothing to do with willpower or taught behavior. Sadly doctors write scrips for these meds to people who don't need them far to often. As far as the high feeling like cocaine, if you need the drug it calms you down if you don't need the drug it speeds you up.
I completely agree. I asked my doc to put me on it. I know he wishes I wouldn't take it. I get the feeling that every time I go in he wants to tell me a better way to kick the habit. I was in a rut. Really depressed, and it just seemed like I couldn't focus. I don't enjoy the fact that I am on these meds, and have almost tossed them down the toilet on more than one occasion. But I will say that it is better than where I was 4 months ago. I was working out all the time, and in a good state of mind. Then something happened... I can't quite pinpoint it, but I was ready to cash it all in. I had only taken adderall a handful of times, maybe 10 in the past year.... but I begged my doc to help me out somehow. I feel better now.. but I just know that I can't do this forever.

That's why I'm asking if anyone else has experience with these drugs.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I took Adderall once and played Rock Band for two days straight with my friend, who had the prescription.

I never took it again. I would hate to suffer from something that required that medicine for treatment.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I snorted some ritalin once. Probably as close to a cocaine high as you can get without cocaine. True story.
I'm sure it is. It's pure amphetamine.

I would hate to suffer from something that required that medicine for treatment.
If you need the drug, it doesn't have that effect on you. I don't take it regularly, but I've taken it once in a while to help concentrate. I can take a nap within 2 hours of taking a dose. I guess I have ADD.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Does not surprise me at all. I imagine you were misdiagnosed your whole life.
No. I really do have ADHD. I just didn't like taking my medicine. It wasn't even that I didn't like being medicated (I was indifferent) -- I just didn't like the actual taking pills part. They tasted disgusting if you didn't get them down with the first gulp.

As far as the high feeling like cocaine, if you need the drug it calms you down if you don't need the drug it speeds you up.
Exactly. That's what the people who don't believe in ADD/ADHD don't understand. There's an actual physiological difference between how normal people process drugs like Ritalin and how people with ADD/ADHD process it. Those drugs never sped me up; they made me neutral.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I was hanging out with some girls a few weeks back that were snorting Xanax... that never even occurred to me and I thought it was a little weird... and I've done a good amount of drugs. Had a buddy that go pretty addicted to Norcos... say what you will about drinking but I think that because I enjoy it so much I was able to avoid a lot of other addictions... drinking will always be to funnest high that can be obtained consistently to me.

rockpup

Sick Puppy
Jun 2, 2005
Souf Florida
Exactly. That's what the people who don't believe in ADD/ADHD don't understand. There's an actual physiological difference between how normal people process drugs like Ritalin and how people with ADD/ADHD process it. Those drugs never sped me up; they made me neutral.
I think the Dr's started to over prescribe the meds after parents saw a few kids do well on ADD drugs and wanted a shortcut. Actual parenting, including smacking and telling to grow up, will help with normal kids. You cannot beat a retard until they are smarter, many parents have tried. Too many people think that the way a kid below 10 acts means they have ADHD.. No, it's a fucking kid. They do that.

Have friggen re-edited this about a dozen times so far, sat down to work on two reports for work that I've got open but have yet to start.

I'd not worry about Ritalin, as it's the only med I have experience with. It's effects on brain chemistry are not long lasting. It does not work the same way anti-depressants work by modifying the way the body's system works with dopamine/etc. That is why you cannot stop anti depressants without tapering off the dose. Ritalin wears off in about 4 hours and you go back to being you.

I cannot remember what the meds were that I was given in my later teens in an attempt to make me "normal". After a few weeks on them I was nothing, not normal. That was one reason I decided that whatever I was without the meds had to be better then being nothing on them and refused to take any meds after that, including ritalin.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
It's meth. If you get a generic Aderal the bottle literally says "Amphetamine" on the bottle. I used to get it from a friend for a hard core sales job I had, and it turned me into a constant talking, bullshitting machine, but I would pass out around 6 pm every night when I crashed, and stopping taking that shit made me feel like I was a fucking zombie for a good week or two.

I don't know if it has different effects if you're actually afflicted with ADD, but it was crazy for me. Being in sales you should give it a shot, but beware of two things:

1. You completely lose your sense of when you're being fucking annoying with your blabbering. Your sales will either skyrocket or drop through the floor, it depends on how it affects you.

2. You completely lose your ability to be a laid back sales consultant, as most people who sell houses need to be. It makes you a little less aware of the social queues you're getting from potential buyers, which makes the closing process a little more difficult. You'll tend to just want to spew your lines and hope something sticks, so unless you've got a rigid stable of trial closes, it can be difficult.

Oh, and the shit turns your eyes yellow, so if you're doing face to face sales you might want to try it on a day off to see how it affects you.

Oh, and if you're a smoker you'll easily double your habit. Cigarettes are like fucking crack when you're on that shit.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
It's meth. If you get a generic Aderal the bottle literally says "Amphetamine" on the bottle. I used to get it from a friend for a hard core sales job I had, and it turned me into a constant talking, bullshitting machine, but I would pass out around 6 pm every night when I crashed, and stopping taking that shit made me feel like I was a fucking zombie for a good week or two.

I don't know if it has different effects if you're actually afflicted with ADD, but it was crazy for me. Being in sales you should give it a shot, but beware of two things:

1. You completely lose your sense of when you're being fucking annoying with your blabbering. Your sales will either skyrocket or drop through the floor, it depends on how it affects you.

2. You completely lose your ability to be a laid back sales consultant, as most people who sell houses need to be. It makes you a little less aware of the social queues you're getting from potential buyers, which makes the closing process a little more difficult. You'll tend to just want to spew your lines and hope something sticks, so unless you've got a rigid stable of trial closes, it can be difficult.

Oh, and the shit turns your eyes yellow, so if you're doing face to face sales you might want to try it on a day off to see how it affects you.

Oh, and if you're a smoker you'll easily double your habit. Cigarettes are like fucking crack when you're on that shit.
Yeah, I've taken the generic. It sucks in comparison.

When I was selling furniture adderall on the sales floor was like gold. It was no prob for the people that had it to sell it quick. I love the blabbering affect it has on me. I say things that I normally wouldn't. My creativity is up. My production is up. My paperwork is efficient as hell. It helps with talking to random people, especially women. I went out with one of my friends shopping around christmas and she kept making comments about how many women I was talking to and how I had them eating out of the palm of my hand. I've always been a good listener, but now I am even more focused on people and the little things. I still have my laid back mentality, but now with bit more of an edge.

The vyvance is much better than addeall because I don't have that hardcore crash at the end of the day. It is more subtle and i don't get that zombie feeling. Yeah, it's meth, but it is a wonder drug for me. It feels like the missing puzzle piece in my head.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I was hanging out with some girls a few weeks back that were snorting Xanax... that never even occurred to me and I thought it was a little weird... and I've done a good amount of drugs. Had a buddy that go pretty addicted to Norcos... say what you will about drinking but I think that because I enjoy it so much I was able to avoid a lot of other addictions... drinking will always be to funnest high that can be obtained consistently to me.
Snorting Xanax is a waste. It actually gives a weaker effect than sublingual or just plain swallowing it. Those broads are stupid.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Yeah, I've taken the generic. It sucks in comparison.

When I was selling furniture adderall on the sales floor was like gold. It was no prob for the people that had it to sell it quick. I love the blabbering affect it has on me. I say things that I normally wouldn't. My creativity is up. My production is up. My paperwork is efficient as hell. It helps with talking to random people, especially women. I went out with one of my friends shopping around christmas and she kept making comments about how many women I was talking to and how I had them eating out of the palm of my hand. I've always been a good listener, but now I am even more focused on people and the little things. I still have my laid back mentality, but now with bit more of an edge.

The vyvance is much better than addeall because I don't have that hardcore crash at the end of the day. It is more subtle and i don't get that zombie feeling. Yeah, it's meth, but it is a wonder drug for me. It feels like the missing puzzle piece in my head.

More power to ya man, it just made me feel like a gerbil in a fucking blender.