Anybody want to dismantle your white privilege and make 3 grand in the process?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Duluth, Minnesota has a delusional pinko mayor who is doing this thing called "The Un-Fair Campaign" that is some racial thing that is supposed to alert Whites to how racist and privileged they really are.

http://unfaircampaign.org/
Here is the mission statement of this horseshit...

MISSION

To raise awareness about white privilege in our community, provide resources for understanding and action, and facilitate dialogue and partnership that result in fundamental, systemic change towards racial justice.
VISION

An evolved community free of individual, systemic and institutionalized racism.
The Mayor has not only put up billboards about this, he is offering rent and 1 grand a month to live in the shittiest parts of Minnesota. Read, black and Somali Section 8 hovels and horror shows.

"I'm starting a residency grant program for white Duluth supporters of the "Un-Fair Campaign". It is called the "Dismantle your White Privilege Campaign". Grant recipients will receive a free 3-month stay in an apartment of my choice (NOT IN DULUTH), your rent on your actual residence will be paid for those 3 months, and you will also receive a $1000 per month stipend for the 3 months of the program. The only stipulations are that you have to actually live in the apartment that I choose, and take public transportation as your only means of transportation, and if you don't complete the entire 3 month program, you have to pay back the entire amount (rents on both your residence and the granted residency apartment, and the $1000 monthly stipend). Who wants to be the first grant recipient? Hit me up! Dismantle your white privilege today, and get paid to do it!"
In this rough economy it might be a good deal for some Wisconsin or Minnesota Wackbagger to give it a try. Any takers for dismantling their white privilege?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
"Racial justice."

Is that anything like "Final Solution?"

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Also, isn't it racist to assume that all black people live in shit?

And isn't it racist to assume that they live in shit because of white people?

And isn't it racist to assume that no white people have these problems?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
We are talking about the state that elected Jesse Ventura and Al Franken.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
This is so insane that you can neither argue for or against it without sounding like a lunatic.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey

This is one of the most racist things I've read in a while.

bedhumper

Oct 9, 2011
Almost every privilege the 3rd world colored trash living in this country have is because of the white race. Why doesn't the mayor move to the worst part of Minneapolis to get rid of his white privilege? Jane Byrne tried it at Cabrini Green and lasted all of 3 weeks, and she had security with her at all times.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Hold your tongue, whitey. Only white people are racist. They're racist by virtue of their skin color. End of story.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Hold your tongue, whitey. Only white people are racist. They're racist by virtue of their skin color. End of story.
I just learned that when I clicked the link.

"It's hard to see racism when you're white."

The irony of that statement just made my brain 'splode.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Examples of privilege might be:
I can walk around a department store without being followed;
I can come to meeting late and not have my lateness attributed to my race;
I am able to drive a car in any neighborhood without being perceived as being in the wrong place or looking for trouble;
I can turn on the television or look to the front page and see people of my ethnic and racial background represented;
I can take a job without having co-workers suspect that I got it because of my racial background;
I can send my 16-year old out with his new driver’s license and not have to give him a lesson how to respond if police stop him.
How the fuck is that white privilege? They're making "normal" out to be something to be ashamed of because of TNB. Fuckin' white guilt at its best.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I can take a job without having co-workers suspect that I got it because of my racial background;
That one's hilarious. :icon_mrgr

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Examples of black privilege

I can sue a department store if I feel someone is following me.
I can sue my boss if he attributes my lateness to CPT
I can become a martyr if I resist arrest.
I have a television channel and newspapers dedicated specifically to my race.
I can take a job that I am under-qualified for because of affirmative action, leaving an overqualified white jobless.
I don't have to worry about taking care of my 16-year-old because the government pays for my family.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I can walk around a department store without being followed;
I can come to meeting late and not have my lateness attributed to my race;
I am able to drive a car in any neighborhood without being perceived as being in the wrong place or looking for trouble;
I can turn on the television or look to the front page and see people of my ethnic and racial background represented;
I can send my 16-year old out with his new driver’s license and not have to give him a lesson how to respond if police stop him.
I don't know where to start with this except to say that people of black background are represented on television and newspapers quite often. And you send a white people into a bad neighborhood, and they are perceived as looking for trouble. And have you ever been in one meeting where a late person is considered late because of their ethnic background? I mean yes, CPT is a joke, but I don't think Mr. CEO has ever gone "Harumph, Leroy is late because he's black!" And whitey doesn't have to give his 16-year old a lesson on how to respond if police stop him, but Whitey should.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Examples of black privilege.
How about

I don't have to write a whole dissertation swearing fealty to the god of non-racism if I don't want to be considered a racist by default.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
How about

I don't have to write a whole dissertation swearing fealty to the god of non-racism if I don't want to be considered a racist by default.
I think being misanthropic means you are allowed to be "racist" if you hate everyone equally :)

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Those "White Privilege" examples are ludicrous. I get tailed in shopping centers because the managers don't want to look "rayciss."

I can't come to anything late, or I get fired.

There are ghettos and barrios that I can't go to because I'm white. They are damn near death sentences for Whites to go, every state has several.

Blacks and Hispanics are at minimum portrayed fictionally as "misunderstood" but cool criminals. Typicallly however they are superheroes, doctors, lawyers, figures from mythology and religion, etc. Every White man on television and movies is some combination of stupid, ugly, fat, a redneck, a closet case racist snooty Yankee, a skin head, a neo-Nazi, a pedophile, wife beater, murderer, drug lord, outlaw biker, dirty cop, crooked politician, Mafia member or serial killer.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I wonder if any radio stations in Duluth are hiring. I could save a ton on relocation expenses.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I invite all the Npersons to try out what its like to live as a privileged white person and start paying taxes

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Those "White Privilege" examples are ludicrous. I get tailed in shopping centers because the managers don't want to look "rayciss."

I can't come to anything late, or I get fired.

There are ghettos and barrios that I can't go to because I'm white. They are damn near death sentences for Whites to go, every state has several.

Blacks and Hispanics are at minimum portrayed fictionally as "misunderstood" but cool criminals. Typicallly however they are superheroes, doctors, lawyers, figures from mythology and religion, etc. Every White man on television and movies is some combination of stupid, ugly, fat, a redneck, a closet case racist snooty Yankee, a skin head, a neo-Nazi, a pedophile, wife beater, murderer, drug lord, outlaw biker, dirty cop, crooked politician, Mafia member or serial killer.
Every now and then, a white person will be depicted as the one that will go into an inner city school and save a class of "underprivileged youths" from gang violence, make them realize their potential, instill in them a feeling of self-worth, and help them pass the big test. All this will be facilitated by relating to the "keeds" by using parts of their street vernacular.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Holy fuck.

So minorities are so disadvantaged that they have to live in these shit holes, and this guy is going to prove that by providing white people with rent money plus another $1000/month to live in the same shit hole. He obviously has no faith in helping the disadvantaged minorities by paying their rent + $1000, giving them a chance to prove that with a little bump in income they can do amazing things.

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
So wait, nobody else saw the irony of finally allowing white people to get paid to live in their shitty apartments?