[Question] Anyone else having Facebook/Chrome news feed issues?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
So if I fire up Facebook, I can scroll so far and then it stops, which is followed by the screen jumping up and down as it keeps adding new stuff to my feed. But basically keeps switching between the same 2-3 feed items over and over again at the bottom. There's no getting past it. I can hit the End key about 9-10 times (or PgDn a whole bunch of times) to make it happen quickly. Net result, I can only scroll so far back before it screws up.

I use Chrome, but for shits and giggles loaded it up on IE and cannot replicate the problem.

I've tried all the obvious stuff - log out of Facebook, clear cache/cookies in Chrome, disable Adblock, etc, etc. I even did a manual TRIM on the SSD and ran CHKDSK just for the hell of it.

I might just have to break down and try out the Facebook Win10 app or maybe give Edge a try. I only use IE for work-related stuff and want to keep it that way.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
The last time I was on, they changed the whole user interaction setup. They also wiped all my privacy and notification settings. I'm starting to get email and push notifications on my phone. I had all that disabled and now have figure it all out again, if even disabling is an option anymore.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
It seems to be fixed, at least for me. I stopped using Chrome and started using the Win10 Facebook app. But after about a week I decided it sucked ass so I went back to Chrome. So far, so good...