anyone else love 'Jet'?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
I'm not talking about just the single that came out a couple years ago, "Are You Gonna Be My Girl", but their other material.... The band's second album 'Shine On' is even better than the first. There are some really well written rockin' tunes like 'Rip It Up' and some slower ballady songs like 'Shine On' and 'All You Have To Do' that some of you might like. Check it out if you haven't heard any of the newer stuff:clap:

I think they're an excellent band. I like "Get Born" better than "Shine On," but both albums are very good. I like the re-recording of "Hey Kids" that's on "Shine On."

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
no

BigJewishTits

I do. oct. 2006 show at irving plaza was one of the best shows i've been to in a long time. like both cd's.

You mean the band that thinks that they're the new AC/DC? The band that thinks that they're going to "bring back the rock?" No, I would never waste my time with that tomfoollery bullcrap that some people call "rock." No way, no how!

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Eh, I wouldn't consider myself a big fan, but I like their albums. I got turned on to them when they performed on O&A - actually more versatile than I thought before.

Guy who doesn't know much about music said:
"Oh, but they think they're AC/DC!"
"Aussies + guitars" doesn't necessarily "= AC/DC." In fact, I really don't see much of a similarity, other than "Aussies" and "guitars."

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
I haven't heard the second CD, and I don't think I know anything from it, but I'm a big fan of the Get Born album. Not a bad song on there.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
then you won't be disappointed with Shine On

I haven't heard the second CD, and I don't think I know anything from it, but I'm a big fan of the Get Born album. Not a bad song on there.

It's one of my favorite albums I bought this year next to Libertad by VR. The last song on it 'All You Have To Do' is the most Beatle-esque sounding song by another band I've ever heard. (thats a good thing):icon_mrgr

BigJewishTits

one of the funniest things i've ever read was when newsday reviewed a jet show and said that "essentially jet are a cover band whose songs happen to be originals". still dig them though.

Jet is a nice mix of older/classic rock influences. I like em. I still haven't downloaded the newer CD, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I do.

I really enjoyed Get Born. I didn't even realize they have a new album. I will probably check it out soon!

Top Bottom