Anyone else think Radiohead is overrated?

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten County NY
..i just dont get this band.i even saw them years ago at the Tibet freedom concert.What other bands do ya think are overrated.Overrated not suck for example Nickelback sucks the Chili Peppers are overrated

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
HAHA...Nice thread to start on the heels of their brilliant release IN RAINBOWS...I couldn't possibly disagree more with 'overrated' as a label for Radiohead...go download their new album

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
HAHA...Nice thread to start on the heels of their brilliant release IN RAINBOWS...I couldn't possibly disagree more with 'overrated' as a label for Radiohead...go download their new album
After hearing that pots-and-pans-banging crap R&F played the other day, I'll have to pass. God bless ya if you like songs without melodies, but I just can't do it.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
i like a few songs, and i also like what they're doing with the new download thing, but i think they're overrated overall.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
they are ok, but i never am excited to hear a song. OK computer was the last thing i can think of that was decent.

other bands that are overrated IMO are U2, greeday, Evanessence.... umm pretty much most anything on the top 40. Nickleback isnt bad though

Underrated however.... Lost prophets, story of the year, and the deftones..... i think im EMO and never knew it.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
Underrated however.... Lost prophets, story of the year, and the deftones..... i think im EMO and never knew it.
When I first heard the Deftones I thought they were going to be HUGE, I mean giagantic. It sounded like nothing else out there. Soon after I heard Limp Bizkit and thought they were a low-rent wannabe Deftones ripoff band that would never make it.

Shows you what I know.

As for Radiohead, I haven't listened to anything beyond the "hits" to really say if they're overrated or not.

McGuirk

doesn't overanalyze comedy radio
Jul 13, 2006
That song they played on RnF was complete garbage. I don't know how pretentious people can find any pretentiousness to latch onto in it.

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
Apr 20, 2004
Staten Island
They're boring.That's what I get from their songs.Either they go from slow to uptempo or it's all slow and then it's a chore to finish.

That song they played on RnF was complete garbage. I don't know how pretentious people can find any pretentiousness to latch onto in it.
You don't need to be pretentious to like Radiohead. It's also not hard to find the worst song on almost ANY album to tool on.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
They're overrated. I like some of their stuff, but I haven't been able to listen to anything they put out after OK Computer, which I liked a lot. I'm going to give the new album a chance, since they're letting people download it for free, but their last couple of albums reeked of too-cool-for-the-room arteest crap.

I also think Nirvana was overrated. I think Kurt Cobain gets way too much credit as a songwriter. When I hear people call him the John Lennon of his generation, I want to beat them with a shovel. Suicide doesn't equal genius.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
After hearing that shit they played on R&F the other day, I think I'd rather 'download' crab lice.

Radiohead fucking sucks. Big time. Pretentious 'too cool for the room' noise.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Very over rated.

One of those bands people cream over and you're just sitting there saying to yourself "why?"

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
The three most overrated bands of just bands that I do not get

1. Tool
2. Radiohead
3. Beck

They are all just way too "intelligent" for me

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
I think people are confusing 'taste' with being 'overrated'...Of course you may not like them and thats cool...plenty of bands i dont care for...but in the collective of their output is some great music...highly reviewed and appreciated...Reviewers LOVE to slam stuff that isn't up to par...Radiohead doesn't get a free pass. The music speaks for itself...I just get the feeling a lot of you dont like their music therefore you think they're overrated. I think those can be mutually exclusive...

Radiohead just happens to be unlike most other bands out there. I think it puts a target on them. And i'm not some too cool for the room douche...I love all types of shit...i just see why they are given so much respect and adulation

FMDoug

Nov 29, 2005
There are over rated bands out there. Just not the ones anyone mentioned here. Someone here said that people confuse over rated for not liking the music. I think That is completely true.

Someone also mentioned beck being over rated... watch this... and then tell me they are overrated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhpfsaJaxVc